Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Automated Xonotic Git build system

troubles, shmougles.
a complete reinstall, including the lenghty downloads, now seems to run smooth.

thanx btw, for your help on irc°!

I have a problem. I run the script and get this error:
Code:
Setting up environment...
Short path name: C:\Users\James\DOCUME~1\DOWNLO~1\XONOTI~1
+ cd /xonotic/.
+ git config remote.origin.url git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic.git
+ git config remote.origin.fetch +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
+ git config remote.origin.autocrlf input
+ git pull
Already up-to-date.
+ git remote prune origin
+ git clone git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic-data.pk3dir.git /xonotic/data/
xonotic-data.pk3dir
Initialized empty Git repository in C:/Users/James/DOCUME~1/DOWNLO~1/XONOTI~1/xo
notic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/.git/
fatal: read error: Invalid argument
An error has occurred (see above).
Press any key to continue . . .

The same happens when I follow the guide to using an integrated environment (install mingw, git, etc.) at the same point. Help?

This is very strange... Did that happen on the first time you ran build.bat? It looks as if you ran it before, but closed it before it was done, then re-ran it (and this would be the output of the 2nd time)

This was the first time I ran build.bat
I previously tried to build xonotic using these instructions: http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...in_Windows but it failed at the same line with the same error.

I deleted everything and tried build.bat again, here is the output:
Code:
Short path name: C:\Users\James\DOCUME~1\DOWNLO~1\XONOTI~1
Initialized empty Git repository in C:/Users/James/DOCUME~1/DOWNLO~1/XONOTI~1/xo
notic/.git/
remote: Counting objects: 2988, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1788/1788), done.
remote: Total 2988 (delta 1549), reused 2186 (delta 1062)
Receiving objects: 100% (2988/2988), 174.16 MiB | 351 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1549/1549), done.
Checking out files: 100% (503/503), done.
+ cd /xonotic/.
+ git config core.autocrlf input
+ git pull
Already up-to-date.
+ git clone git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic-data.pk3dir.git /xonotic/data/
xonotic-data.pk3dir
notic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/.git/
fatal: read error: Invalid argument

I used the self-extracting 7z archive and ran build.bat and had the following errors:
Code:
Short path name: D:\DOCUME~1\Mezz\MYDOCU~1\MYSOUR~1\xonotic\XONOTI~1
Checking out files: 100% (503/503), done.
Initialized empty Git repository in D:/DOCUME~1/Mezz/MYDOCU~1/MYSOUR~1/xonotic
/XONOTI~1/xonotic/.git/
+ cd /xonotic/.
+ git pull
From git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic
   731e4a4..c4af076  master     -> origin/master
Updating 731e4a4..c4af076
Fast-forward
all |   63 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
1 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
./all has changed.
Rerunning the requested operation to make sure.
Repository . enabled because it already exists
Repository data/xonotic-nexcompat.pk3dir disabled by default, create data/xonoti
c-nexcompat.pk3dir.yes to enable
Repository mediasource disabled by default, create mediasource.yes to enable
Repository div0-gittools disabled by default, create div0-gittools.yes to enable

+ cd /xonotic/.
+ git config push.default current
+ git pull
Already up-to-date.
Repository . enabled because it already exists
Repository data/xonotic-nexcompat.pk3dir disabled by default, create data/xonoti
c-nexcompat.pk3dir.yes to enable
Repository mediasource disabled by default, create mediasource.yes to enable
Repository div0-gittools disabled by default, create div0-gittools.yes to enable

+ cd /xonotic/fteqcc
/xonotic/../all.xonotic.sh: line 62: cd: /xonotic/fteqcc: No such file or direct
ory

I'll go through later and figure out why fteqcc wasn't created, but figured you might like to know the error occurs [Windows XP SP3]. I didn't see this in the FAQ or google searching the site; forgive me if I missed out. I've been reading as much as possible to bring myself up to date.
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.

I'm looking into these two issues right now.

EDIT: mezzodaemon, the fteqcc is fixed in the git repository, run build.bat again Smile

Mithos, can you try moving the xonotic_build_pack directory to the root of your C: disk? (that is, C:\xonotic_build_pack), and check that you have 5 gigabytes available on that disk?

Can you also tell me approximately how long it takes for that error to appear after the "+ git clone git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic-data.pk3dir.git /xonotic/data/" line shows up?

Great! Downloading. But still, can you (in future) make a proper Windows version with an installer and everything? It would really help.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

A proper windows version? The build pack compiles the development version, this is in no way an official release. This does not exist yet, and I'm not responsible for it (the development team is).
The development version this pack builds is pre-beta, it's incomplete and sometimes buggy.

I'm not sure if you've found the solution for 'The main repo is not xonotic.git, what have you done?', but there's an easy solution to fix this. All you have to do is fix the link in the 'url=' tag in config file in ./xonotic/.git/. Make sure it looks like this:
Code:
[remote "origin"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic.git

Yep, that's the same as issuing this command:
Code:
git config remote.origin.url git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic.git

I'd be interested if you could tell me what the previous URL was there. Your fix effectively repairs the clone, but we still don't know why it breaks in the first place Smile

hi im running windows 7 (64 bit) and i was running the build.bat was going smooth for a whial and all of a suden an error poped up saying there was no .dll that it needed to start and i didn't know awhat it was so i did what i said to reinstall ao i deleted the directory and re unziped and the same thing hppen so i just started the build agian and it said the what have you done thing so i did the shell.bat and did the config thing and i got this line "http://github.com/blub/qclib.git"

In shell.bat, do this:
Code:
cd /xonotic
And run build.bat again.

I doubt the dll problem will be solved, please copy the error message here when you see it again.

(10-04-2010, 10:11 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: In shell.bat, do this:
Code:
cd /xonotic
And run build.bat again.

I doubt the dll problem will be solved, please copy the error message here when you see it again.

The dll errors are libssl.dll, libeay.dll or something along those lines. Downloading those dll's didn't really fix it.

This was working, why does it keep getting broken?

I don't really understand the problem, all I know is that Rad_Ished got it too... I'll try to see if someone can help.

(09-28-2010, 06:11 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Yep, that's the same as issuing this command:
Code:

I'd be interested if you could tell me what the previous URL was there. Your fix effectively repairs the clone, but we still don't know why it breaks in the first place Smile

Ah, right. I forgot what it is but I'm sure its one of these:
xonotic-data.pk3dir.git
xonotic-maps.pk3dir.git

If I'm not mistaken, its the maps one.

Meh, that's still a huge mystery... We have no idea why the "all" script would change the remote URL that way, and it only seems to happen on windows... Strange stuff... Sad
Do you remember having a connection issue while fetching git updates?

Sort of identified the dll problem, you guys made it appear like it was a xonotic problem, but it happens when you run the build script... I currently have no idea why it fails.

(10-09-2010, 02:21 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Meh, that's still a huge mystery... We have no idea why the "all" script would change the remote URL that way, and it only seems to happen on windows... Strange stuff... Sad

It happens on Linux too, this error occurs when the connection is closed unexpectedly, for example, the git is still updating the clone, then I closed the terminal just like that, then the URl will remain from the last URl, unless if you abort the process in a proper manner(CTRL+C), this problem won't occur.

The libssl.dll error appears when trying to get a github repository.

Now you need to have libssl.dll somewhere in your path or this build package, ./git/bin or ./mingw/bin is perfect, it'll work after that.

I've attached the dll i use on windows here, download, extract and place it somewhere in your path/build path.

Attached Files
.zip   libssl.zip (Size: 132.59 KB / Downloads: 4)
#deathmatchers

(10-09-2010, 02:21 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Meh, that's still a huge mystery... We have no idea why the "all" script would change the remote URL that way, and it only seems to happen on windows... Strange stuff... Sad

Ah, I figured it out. I'm not a coder, so I can't fix the all script by myself. The all script changes the git config origin url so that it can update our clone, and make the other folders. After everything has end, I believe there're no line of codes in the script that'd make it change the URl back to the the main repo.

Why don't we use the git style, git pull command, I mean.

For those of you who are still suffering from libssl.dll issues etc. see this thread which I made recently. It explains how to merge the Xonotic Build System's copy of Git with the official newest MSYSGIT Portable release.

I recommend this solution is because many users find that there are plenty more dll's missing than just libssl.dll, and this ensures that you have them all. Hey, it worked for me!

Hope it helps you at all! Wink

The xonotic build pack already uses parts of the msysgit package... I know where it comes from, I just have no time to fix it now sadly.

EDIT: actually if you read the "components" file (should have added .txt, I didn't have windows in mind when writing that), you'll see:
Code:
PortableGit-1.7.0.2-preview20100309 :
- the files already present in MSYS-1.0.11 have been removed from
  this Git distribution, as well as the openssl components
- the vi/vim scripts have been adjusted to find the correct path
I thought the openssl from MSYS would be enough, and I still have no idea what it used instead that suddenly broke.

I recommend you wait until this weekend, I'll probably fix it by then. Avoid modifying stuff in the pack, as I always assume you haven't if I'm helping you troubleshoot issues...

The Build System was updated to include ssl libs.

Code:
Updating

To update your Build System, all you have to do is unzip the new
version in a new directory and move the xonotic directory from the old
Build System to the new one. This assumes that you didn't change
anything in the Build System directories such as the home directory. If
you did, don't forget to move your changes to the new location.

If I already have a clone of the repo, how do I use this, instead of waiting for the script to clone the repo again?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] How to build data AriosJentu 5 3,281 08-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  WebAssembly Build Addison 1 2,335 04-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Last Post: martin-t
  Xonotic Git Help Molnija 4 5,150 01-20-2019, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  A Garry's Mod / sandbox system MirceaKitsune 20 37,856 01-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Last Post: 3agle427
  Spawn system Mirio 57 41,278 05-28-2016, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SOLVED] setting proper git pushurl BuddyFriendGuy 0 2,318 04-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Exclamation git branch archival TimePath 2 5,741 02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Cloning git? end user 2 3,434 09-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Last Post: end user
  Segmentation fault @ Xonotic(git) Ari 2 4,477 01-31-2014, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Ari
Lightbulb Easy to configure *map* balance system Samual 8 12,024 11-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo