Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SUGGESTION] relistic game mutator

-1)realisic movement
-2)realistic damage
-3)realistic weapons
-4)something else realistic

1) walk and run as two types (run 20 km/h and walk 10)
no strafing (dafault is walk but run is triggerable)

2)
relistic when you hit an artery or a vein (cance by 25% for a big and 60% for a small when you hit a limb)
a big vein/artery is unrepairable and youll bleed to death after 20 sec
a small is repairable from a medium medi kit til biggest
and youll bleed to death after 40seconds

[Image: muscular_system_picture_front.jpg]

a headshot will kill you after 3 seconds and you view will fade to graystepf and becomes darker and darker but you can shoot and move by an accuracy/speed of 30% -unhealable

a heartshot will let you bleed to death after 8 sec

when you hit the weaponarm the player will change is (eg the weapon from right to left hand) and the accuracy -30%

if the other arm is damaged: accuracy -30%

1 damaged leg speed -20% and jump -40% (heigh and range)
2 legs the speed(80% becaude 100%-20% (also for all other decreases) -20% and again jump -40%

a neck-/throat-/cervix-shot will hit a small vein artery by 100% and a big by 60%

foots for each speed -5%

by 5% left lifepoints youll be dead afer 5sec
and until 80% youll regenerate yourself if ou wont get any damge for longer then 10 seconds (1lp/sec)

the damage is (life-(healthylifepoints(100):remaininglifetime)) each second so:

i have 70 life points and your heart
the 70 lp is not so important
youll receive 100:8 damagepoints per second (12,5 dp)
70:12,5= 5,6
youll be dead after 5,6 seconds

if you have lesser then 30% lp your soundcognition will decrease
volume -1 per 1% of the 30% and more flannelly (proportional to volume 1:1)

all lp-effects are combinable so youll be faster dead when you have 2 damaged veins for eg

3) not to high youll be faster dead from veins

you can carry max 50kilograms (+5)
by full load -20% speed and jump (not 20% from 100 i mean from the real remaining speed)
the +5... if you habe 55kg (5kg overload the maximum) -30% speed(but not -50% all in all)

i mean if you have 80% left -20% cant be 60%
80%(from the default as 100%) - 20% = 64% so your speed will never be 0

the cell weapons cant hit any vein, artery, legs arms and so on
but maybe 10% paralyse(-50%speed and accuracy) for 2sec
headshot 100% paralyse for 5 sec (only for the weapons with 1 projectile per shot)

rl (30kg): 1 shot/magazine
1 rocket = 7kg
you can find rockets only as single item
rl makes the most damage and hits the veins

nex: (7kg) 6shot/mag.
1magazine=0.3kg (for each cell weapon)

grenadelauncher (4kg): 3 shot/mag
1magazine = 0.75kg

crylink(3kg): 6shot/mag.

Shotgun(7.5kg): 1shot/mag.
1mag: 0.05 kg

Uzi / Machinegun(4kg): 30shot/mag.
1mag = 0.8kg

Hagar(9kg): 10shot/mag.
1mag = 2kg

Camping rifle(12kg):5shot/mag.
1mag =

Electro(3kg): 6shot/mag.

Laser(1kg): 5shot/mag
1mag= 0kg and regenerates after 2sec
paralyze chance 10% whole body
no push away only can hit the heart (if you want to have a bleed to death)
no laserjump -use jetpack

Fireball - no fireball (maybe as super weapon 40kg only 1shot)

HLAC -nohlac

4) friendlyfire should be on
various step sounds (sand, metal, concrete, rock, grass)
in sand speed -15% ...grass -5%

you shoul see your feet and arms in 1st person
when you shoot your own feet (see 2) and also selfparalyse

if you shoot your teammates( and no enemy in his range) there is a chace of 30% to become crazy for 5 sec (you have loud steps are sceaming and have 30% control of yourself you are running towards enemies and cant shoot -you cant stop but you can change the direction of your char by 30° of the ai controlled direction)

The idea of taking a first person shooter to this kind of realism makes me slightly nauseous.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Realism, especially related to bodily injury, is something that always drove me away from computer games. While I don't mind having a mutator like this (if I don't have to play this), I suspect that a damage/injury system like this will not be on the priority list of the relevant developers.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I already oppose the idea of having headshots give you more damage. For the CR it's fine, though: it's that weapon's unique thing.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Sorry, but no.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I really dont think Xonotic should be that realistic - anyway imho its rather senseless to leave so much in a game to chance - its kindof frustrating

This topic belongs in Whackity Wicktown.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Agree. Pls fix it.
My Xonstats Profile

If damage was realistic, you'd get one hit kills with everything except bullet weapons (you'd get three hit kills). Do you know how hard it is to determine where the veins/arteries are on a model?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

there are many diffenent playermodels!
if there were only 8 (like css) it would be hard enought but...
the playermodels are too different and I think it's too much work, but if you'd like to start... Tongue
we could have something that you could customsize the head, body, legs of your character!

the weight thing (moving slower while carrying a weapon) is a great idea!

friendly fire shold be on! yes!

and characters hands and legs should be shown!

and the different sound idea is nice, but you know that there must be some var placed then on every texture and so on!

but finally: good suggestions Big Grin
oh... and to the first thing (walk, run):
It should be a ultra-fast fps, so that's wrong here Tongue
sorry^^
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Realism to the extent proposed by _para is not something that this game needs; nor should have. The goal is to have "a fast-paced, first person shooter"; not a combat simulator program for the military. This isn't a combat simulator for the military to use; it's a computer game!

i know its a realistic concept and so on but xonotic is nexuiz without big changes ... its not bad but i think there should be somthing total new

i bet youll play it if it would release Wink

yes it will be easy to kill persons WHO STAND STILL ...you are talking about a case in whom you are the best player (you wont hit the best parts every shot)
i mean its only a mutator who turns xonotic into a second game but you will have the choise about the servers youll pick

i think it will be a great new thing in xonotic and not a new conservative stuff Wink xonotic is geat but its still nexuiz with a new look Big Grin

Go ahead and implement it. The devs will happily accept carefully crafted quality-patches.
Yours sincerely,
FruitieX.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

when i could write in c

QuakeC to be precise...
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

The various wounds etc look hard to implement, but something that IS missing from Xonotic is real world physics and a config for more realistic walking, running, etc (ie. no pogostick). This wouldn't require a mutator at all, just a physicsEarth.cfg and a balanceRealistic.cfg.

I know these may not see much use, but it's better (imo) to have them than not. I see a lot of people go "Wow, this is so unrealistic" and simply telling them that it's NOT a simulator or even a representation of real life combat doesn't seem to work Wink
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Come on, are you really considering implementing something like this in Xonotic? This is a fast-paced arcade style first person shooter! This is not a tactical combat simulator. If the fun came from the realism of this game then there'd be no laser jumping, no bunny hopping, no jump pads (think about the g-force!), no air control. There'd be effectively no fun left in the game whatsoever. Plus you'd have all the disgusting effects like loosing blood and, by simulating injury symptoms, enforcing the suggestion that you really hurt the other player with a shot.

TLDR: for me, your suggestions would not only take the fun out of the game completely, but also make it unbearable to play.
My Xonstats Profile

Move to Whackity Wicktown?
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(07-06-2010, 03:17 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Move to Whackity Wicktown?

Uh, no?

(07-05-2010, 07:36 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: The various wounds etc look hard to implement, but something that IS missing from Xonotic is real world physics and a config for more realistic walking, running, etc (ie. no pogostick). This wouldn't require a mutator at all, just a physicsEarth.cfg and a balanceRealistic.cfg.

I know these may not see much use, but it's better (imo) to have them than not. I see a lot of people go "Wow, this is so unrealistic" and simply telling them that it's NOT a simulator or even a representation of real life combat doesn't seem to work Wink

You'd need to have the athletic records data available from someplace. Running speed records are easy, but things like the fastest a runner can accelerate and decelerate, the standing jump height record, etc, would also be needed.

Then you'd need to be able to disable speed boosting jumps of all flavors, have realistic acceleration curves for falling, and a serious increase to the collision damage values plus removal of the 25hp collision damage ceiling.

A mutator would actually be a step better than a cfg, since it is part of the game's interface, not just something that must be executed from the console.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

I generally like the idea of a realistic mutator. It could be a great fun totally different from what is Xonotic in normal mode. I'd be into thinking of key things this mode needs, implement those basic features as a mutator and check if it is fun. If it is - let's move it further!

I'd rather treat this modification as some sort of chill-out Xonotic. Where people can't run at speed of 60 km/h, fall from 0.5 km without getting hurt, shooting endless series from MG and stuff like that.

If I learn to code, I might want to help developing this Smile

Please don't limit people's creativity too much. Nobody has to play it, I don't think it would make the game package 2 times that big either, so don't panic Smile You won't loose anything if someone want's to develop this mutator.

Cheers Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] DUEL UPDATE - MUTATOR Kotangens 2 2,154 07-15-2020, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SUGGESTION] Wall-Jumping Mutator? drakovyrn 11 7,344 10-22-2016, 03:03 AM
Last Post: drakovyrn
  [SUGGESTION] Redesign Weapon Arena Mutator GUI /(+Multi Weapon Arena) luziferius 5 8,058 01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Samual
Wink [SUGGESTION] Mines Unleashed Mutator unfa 13 14,144 03-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  [SUGGESTION] New mutator idea: Bodyswitch CuBe0wL 6 6,584 08-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste