• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
November's 2on2 competition NA

Smile 
Hi, I'm going to be hosting a 2on2 competition for the month of november Blush

Overview:
4 weeks of regular matches
1 match each week
1 game grand final
If there are a lot more than expected signups we can do 2 games/week and a 4 team bracket for finals, but I doubt it.

Weeks are, from Tuesday to Monday (as November starts on Tuesday)
WEEK1: 01 - 07
WEEK2: 08 - 14
WEEK3: 15 - 21
WEEK4: 22 - 28

Matches will be based first on standing, and second on seeding, so you will play around your skill level, but if you keep winning, opponents will get harder and harder

Default match schedule: Monday night, 22:00 / 10:00PM EST, 18:00 / 6:00PM PST (last day of the "week")

I will match up opponents on Tuesday morning and post in the thread on 8/v/ and notify people on IRC
It is RECOMMENDED to schedule an earlier date that you all will be able to make, try to ask your opponent
It would be really hard to make extensions because I want the next week's matches to be based on team records, so please try to avoid that
Try in the thread to schedule on 8/v/ or here, and IRC #xonotic/v/2on2 @quakenet, so I can log your requests
The top 2 teams will play in a final on the 29th or 30th in a final
If there are teams tied for 2nd we can do a play-in type game

Ruleset:
- 2on2 TDM (XPM)
- Timelimit: 15
- Fraglimit: 0

Mappool: Bloodrun (a3), Final Rage, Opium, Silent Siege, Stormkeep

Mappicking: Best of 3 for all regular games
drop-drop-pick-pick
Lower seed drops first, then higher, etc.
Finals Bo5, higher seed pick first, etc.

Any skill level can join, I will try to make seeded matches to not be boring blowouts, but it'll be easier the more people sign up

How to sign up:
Write your team name / players at:
Responding in this thread or
messaging me on IRC or in game (sawa)

IRC channel: #xonotic/v/2on2 on quakenet; here you can sign up to play, ask me any question, schedule match, or find practice games

Servers: /v/ Xonotic Server (NA Pacific, 0.8.1) (98.176.140.2:26000)
2on2 Match Server (DALLAS) (104.255.231.44:26000)
[HUB] Duel (New York) (70.42.74.164:26000)
[HUB] Duel (Kansas) (192.187.121.98:26001)

Prizes: 2 Eth or equivalent in Btc of your choice (1/player)

--
Teams (8)

[Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] Brainless Goofies: [Image: 139.gif] Antares + [Image: 139.gif] mini
[Image: 48.gif] cute: [Image: 55.gif] Islinn + [Image: 55.gif] Mirio
[Image: 48.gif] Lovers: [Image: 51.gif] Smilecythe + [Image: 55.gif] Taleb
[Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] sprode: [Image: 139.gif] Koala + [Image: 139.gif] Komier
[Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] SWAG: [Image: 139.gif] sawa + [Image: 139.gif] SPLAT
[Image: 48.gif] weKINGS: [Image: 136.gif] KojaK + [Image: 72.gif] speciaL1`
[Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] (unnamed): [Image: 139.gif] 9-Ball + [Image: 29.gif] Beemann
[Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] (unnamed): [Image: 139.gif] Fritz + [Image: 139.gif] THE WORST

Looking for a teammate

[Image: 139.gif] Dells

Let's go.

cute: Islinn + Mirio

Me & special1, sign us up please!

Bloodrun 2on2 for the lulz Big Grin

What is Eth btw?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(10-16-2016, 03:08 PM)kojn^ Wrote: What is Eth btw?

New crypto currency (like bitcoin but with blackjack and hookers)

forgot to add our team name:

weKINGS

backup player: thimo.

It was between weKINGS and 'The Slime Pussies'.

That's not a joke either, that's the first team name the random team name generator gave. Smilecythe, don't steal it!

I put Thimo's name in and it came out with 'Titanium Girls'. Enough said Wink

i will play just need a teammate

EDIT: me and sawa will play together. we will be called team SWAG (Secretly We Are Great)
[Image: 38443.png]

dekrY reporting.
Howdy cowboys! 10PM EST is fooking amazing for me, unbelievable. Its 10AM my time (I feel sorry for all the EU ppl), which is perfectly doable for me, because for xonotic 2v2 tdm i am skipping work. I'll just tell them I am sick. The only question I have is on the server pool. Can we please be more flexible with that, and not restrict it to the new world? Perhaps we can arrange games OVERSEAS? Otherwise my 250+ ping will be too overwhelming for you guys, and i'll be like a ghost, you won't hit me once, and I will just rek this tourney izi. Please take these awesome ideas into consideration. Mucho spasibo

(10-16-2016, 09:22 PM)dekrY Wrote: dekrY reporting.
Howdy cowboys! 10PM EST is fooking amazing for me, unbelievable. Its 10AM my time (I feel sorry for all the EU ppl), which is perfectly doable for me, because for xonotic 2v2 tdm i am skipping work. I'll just tell them I am sick. The only question I have is on the server pool. Can we please be more flexible with that, and not restrict it to the new world? Perhaps we can arrange games OVERSEAS? Otherwise my 250+ ping will be too overwhelming for you guys, and i'll be like a ghost, you won't hit me once, and I will just rek this tourney izi. Please take these awesome ideas into consideration. Mucho spasibo

Yep, EU vs EU can probably play on the pickup servers and configure it with voting but I'm not 100% sure, someone will have to confirm that and I'll add some to the list

I'll also try to set up a server on NEW YORK for EU vs NA games although that might not help you that much Huh

I'll be playing, just waiting for a possible teammate to get back to me

EDIT: Koala & Komier are a team. Team name: sprode
[Image: 29271.png]

<Samual> Everybody better be playing I Wish by Skee-Lo, it is the song of my duels!

New York server would be a big help sawa, make's ping's much lower for the EU players.

Unlike some of our European brethren we will accommodate you the best we can.

Kappa

lets get some more peeps signed up

Since some are teaming up outside of this thread, the list as far as I know:
Code:
cute:       Islinn + Mirio
weKings:    kojn^ + special1 (backup: thimo)
Lovers:     Taleb + Smilecythe
SWAG:       sawa + SPLAT
sprode:     Komier + Koala
(unnamed):  Beemann + 9-Ball
(unnamed):  Antares* + mini
(unnamed):  Fritz + THE WORST

A player going by the username of Dells still needs a partner.

Sounds like we can get a New York server and a midwest server for this event. Mario is going to make it so that NY HUB Duel and Kansas HUB Duel can be interchangeable from duel to TDM. I think its only fair if the match is EU v NA the match must be played on New York and if its west coast vs east coast it should be played on Kansas.

Also specify which Bloodrun. It should be a3

If you're on either server simply just type 'vcall tdm' in console and you'll be all set.

Okay, let's try this for week 1:

[Image: 48.gif] cute vs. [Image: 48.gif] weKINGS

[Image: 48.gif] Lovers vs. [Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] SWAG

[Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] sprode vs. [Image: 139.gif] 9-Ball /[Image: 29.gif] Beemann

[Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] Brainless Goofies vs. [Image: 139.gif] Fritz/[Image: 139.gif] THE WORST

Just talk to your opponent (probably on IRC) a good time/server, and play before next Tuesday. Also, I would appreciate if you tell me when you will play if you decide on a time. If you can't find the person you are supposed to play, then message me on IRC.
I am going to update the main post with standings as well. Smile

Ok.

Let's goooooooo

Great work sawa!
Positive surprise to see so many NA players in one tournament :-)

I am sorry I can't participate in this very tournament.
Cu guys in the minor & major.

GL to all teams!
[Image: 65153.png]

Okay, it's been a busy time for some people ( me too ) so if you haven't got first weeks game done try to do it within this week too. Here are next games you can try:

[Image: 48.gif] cute vs. [Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] SWAG

[Image: 48.gif] Lovers vs. [Image: 48.gif] weKINGS

[Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] sprode vs. [Image: 63719-american_%20canadian.gif] Brainless Goofies

[Image: 139.gif] 9-Ball /[Image: 29.gif] Beemann vs. [Image: 139.gif] Fritz/[Image: 139.gif] THE WORST

.jpg   mokou-big-sadness.jpg (Size: 37.39 KB / Downloads: 53)

Get well soon.

Yeah this just died out sadly. Players either didn't show up when they were supposed to or there simply was lack of communication. (imho there was barely any communication between the teams/admins).

Also, the idea for a tourney to cover a whole month is of course extremely cool, but...

1. It's an NA competition which didn't seem to lure alot of EU players in, which I can understand.
2. Not everybody can rely on a match every week, some of these players don't play for a week or two at times.

I suggest you could try this again but this time try to let the tourney cover a whole weekend, or just a draft tourney, which is fun aswell. Maybe make it international too (f.e. 1 match EU, 1 match NA, decider match (in case of BO3) cointoss).

I actually looked forward to playing in this tourney but as it seems that will not be the case Sad
[Image: 9214.png]