[Image: Vyu1zHth.jpg]
[Image: 4GXJyoEh.jpg]
[Image: s1bguRqh.jpg]
[Image: 63xYSd7h.jpg]
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Looks pretty! Only issue I can come up with immediately is the negligence of sound based information. Xonotic has a global sound system, every item that you pick generates a specific sound which will notify essentially every player on the map where you are. You pick 100 armor, your opponents go "AHA!" - kinda thing.

Somewhere in the map, you had a line of armor shards and a line of health shards nearby. I get it, you wanted to fill up empty looking space. However, when a player runs through that corridor, two specific kinds of sounds will be generated - a spree of metal plate clanks and a spree of crushed ketchup bottle sounds. I think this is a waste of sound cues. If you had those sprees of shards put apart further away from each other, you could broadcast specific sound cues across the map. Ketchup sounds = "AHA, he's at upstairs", metal sounds = "AHA, he's near the vortex" for example. Instead you'll have these sounds originate from one and only corridor, which I think is a waste of sound based information.

Same thing with the jump pads. You have three jump pads relatively close to one another (in one general direction basically), if somebody is sitting at 50a and they hear a jump pad sound they will have three possibilities for what that sound could mean. 1. Going for 100a, 2. going for 100a from another direction 3. going for the other jump pad that goes to 100a. So it's a lot of uncertain info clutter.

Take a look at Fuse for example. Every time you hear armor shards being picked up, you will know two possibilities where your opponent might be. And since they're far apart, most of the time you can even guess right. There's also two teleporters and two 50 armors in the opposite ends of the map. Same thing. Additionally, there's only 1 jump pad and only one place where you have health shards. Hearing their sounds relays useful information across the map, regardless which part of the map you're hearing it from.

oh, to be fair i've never thought of locating jumppads by their "sound-usability". Their moving purpose was always first on my priority list. Sound was just some extra value. But it's a valid point indeed.

Smilecythe Wrote:Somewhere in the map, you had a line of armor shards and a line of health shards nearby. I get it, you wanted to fill up empty looking space.

Actually i wanted this area to be some kind of a backup for a guy who loses megas, as you can gain 25h and 25a there, but at the cost of OBVIOUS sound information about where is he. And yes, two lines of shards look better than just two items Smile Also there are shards in other place, but mixed, so if you pick them the sound is different.
But you have a good point there. Thank you.
Frogg on Instagram

I'm hosting it in BuddyFriendGuy fun server for people to play with.

UPDATE
some nicer visuals, some minor layout changes based on feedback, download link and new screenies in the opening post
Frogg on Instagram

Ill have mario put it on HUB servers Smile
[Image: 38443.png]

naies =)

map playable on prophets server Tongue

GreetZ Su

Thanks Suzie!
Frogg on Instagram

Great map, very pretty.

(also playable on Wro FunServer)
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

map is scaled down a bit (0.9) and avaliable for download from here: http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/index-d.html
Frogg on Instagram

Thank you for the map!

Judging from the map name boil, as opposed to boil_b4, I assume this is the official release? Can we put it on xonotic.co then?

By the way, dev team, what is the official use and workflow of http://beta.xonotic.org/ ?

I played a few very fun game in this map. Great job!

What do you think about having a bit more space around the station so I can save myself with rocket jump when falling?

Indeed, very nice work here, it looks great and so far jumping around it has been fun (albeit maybe a little tight).

The latest build is available on dl.xonotic.co, and on the HUB duel servers & Kansas: http://dl.xonotic.co/boil-full-6ffaeaf8c...9b1ffb.pk3
[Image: 230.png]

Here's a happy holidays map walkthrough! Enjoy:

Kuniu, thanks so much for making this one. Keep up the great work!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Duel, 2v2] antares-dm1_b1 Antares* 7 7,283 05-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Duel] Mint (was: [Duel] Unnamed WIP map) monad 10 11,471 07-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Last Post: monad