Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most efficient graphics for Mac Mini 2014?

Hi there!

I've got a Mac Mini (late 2014). 2,8 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1600 Mhz RAM, Intel Iris 1536 MB Graphics.

Thing is that the game runs fair and pretty smooth set with average graphic settings, BUT, I've noticed that my Mini gets pretty hot. Well, its graphics ain't for gaming – no shit sherlock, so ... It doesn't feel too nice and safe doing that to it over and over again.

So, can anyone please help out with the most efficient graphics for me?
What I want is as low, sparing graphics as possible without losing settings/funktions for good playing? I want to see enemies and such correctly on at least average distance and such ...
Thanking you in advance!
/S

If it's overheating, maybe the FPS is going too high for the CPU.
You can limit it manually with the cl_maxfps cvar. Something like this should be a good limit: cl_maxfps 100
[Image: 230.png]

Okay, thank you very much! I'll try that. =)
Thanking you in advance!
/S

I've lowered the unimportant effects graphics to low and done what's been suggested above. It still gets warm but not as much as before. Though I don't know what might be considered normal temperature. So, though I think this is doable – maybe it's as good as it gets – I'll always be interested in further suggestions.
Thanking you in advance!
/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low fidelity graphics for best performance. Anarchee 2 5,113 02-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo