Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Weapon mergings

You should realize that is currently how it works, if I am not mistaken.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(06-08-2010, 11:55 PM)XV22 Wrote: make the headshot deadly whether the enemy has full armor/health or not.
NO. Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Now that I think about it. Modifying the laser into an offensive weapon while retaining it's current capabilities might be a good idea. By moving it's primary fire to the secondary and then putting something a bit more bad ass (such as a decent powered shot that has a wide radius) that relies on a charging system for ammo (but not firing) would make the game a bit more interesting.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Keep in mind that if you merge rifle and nex there still needs to be a sniper gun that pierces walls and one which doesn't. Let mappers decide.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

(07-12-2010, 06:12 AM)naryl Wrote: Keep in mind that if you merge rifle and nex there still needs to be a sniper gun that pierces walls and one which doesn't. Let mappers decide.

Thicker walls. Win.

Also I don't see this shooting through walls stuff making any sense in a fast paced shooter, but maybe that's just me.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(07-12-2010, 06:06 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Now that I think about it. Modifying the laser into an offensive weapon while retaining it's current capabilities might be a good idea. By moving it's primary fire to the secondary and then putting something a bit more bad ass (such as a decent powered shot that has a wide radius) that relies on a charging system for ammo (but not firing) would make the game a bit more interesting.

Already implemented.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

That's implemented in trunk default? The laser has a secondary firemode again?
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

It's not in trunk default, it is a cvar (g_balance_laser_secondary or something)

I've implemented sticky electro secondaries in git branch plasmasheep/plasmabalance. I will continue with other things detailed on my OP, but my experience in QC is limited and I would appreciate any help.

If you don't like a weapon don't put it in your map. If you don't like a weapon g_weapon_replace it in your server. If the weapon you like does not exist, then create it as an additional weapon for xonotic.

I wish removing or merging weapons was a bannable offence.

The whole reason for the fork originally was to get away from the people who wanted to reduce or merge existing weapons and not allow new weapons. Now you're doing it again! Can we have a new fork? Xonotic obviously is just nexuiz without lordhavoc. We have the same inane anti-weapons people trying to create their "perfect sculpture, no more and no less weapons than there need to be" out of nexuiz/xonotic to the chagrin of mappers who like to have a large selection to choose from.

So you're going to merge the nex and camping rifle, this and that, that and this. I love both as SEPERATE:

The nex: tracable instahit sniper weapon: high damage no matter where you hit person
the campingrifle: non-tracable projectile (with ballistics), that can penetrate walls, but only does lethal damage on headshot.

Why do you think it was made? Now you want to unmake it.

We need ANOTHER fork.

And making the lazer something other than it is? Wtf, I jump, then pressbutton, lazer higher, than press secondary to get to my previous weapon, shoot someone in the face. Can't do that with your changes. Just make an addtional weapon rather than trying to screw up the current ones.
(07-15-2010, 04:35 PM)Roanoke Wrote: I've implemented sticky electro secondaries in git branch plasmasheep/plasmabalance. I will continue with other things detailed on my OP, but my experience in QC is limited and I would appreciate any help.

Make sure you make all this stuff cvar/svar controllable so we can always have nexuiz2.5 config working fine. Never add a feature to an existing weapon without making it a cvar. Consider making new weapons awell: mappers like to have variety.

Proxy mines? More instruments?

New features are good, just make them optional so those of us who like the old ways don't get left out in the cold.
Multi Megaton nuclear warhead?

(07-16-2010, 12:51 PM)simplus Wrote: Make sure you make all this stuff cvar/svar controllable so we can always have nexuiz2.5 config working fine. Never add a feature to an existing weapon without making it a cvar.
I have done this from the start.

(07-16-2010, 12:51 PM)simplus Wrote: Consider making new weapons awell: mappers like to have variety.

Proxy mines? More instruments?

Multi Megaton nuclear warhead?
None of these things are on my agenda, I will not be making them.

Roanoke: what about flamethrower that uses the fuel ammo:
Primary: shoot fire
Secondary: spray unlit gasoline (that drenches people and floats on water and stays around on land) which then can be lit by the flamethrower, rocket launcher, etc etc.

Definitely do not know enough about qc to do that. In addition, I don't want to get into making new weapons before the old ones are fixed. See my OP for what I mean.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,808 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,674 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,663 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,561 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,156 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon damage Damasco 17 14,398 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: ShuffleShot
  [SUGGESTION] Share your opinions only on weapon balance! rocknroll237 67 52,298 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon models and vehicle cockpit FOV independant from game FOV Lee_Stricklin 2 4,836 07-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Should switching to the already equipped weapon switch to the previous weapon? Loafers 11 11,566 06-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL