Create an account

Poll: provide mista option for harmless blaster push and/or direct hit damage?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes on both
66.67%
2 66.67%
harmless push only
33.33%
1 33.33%
direct blaster hit damage only
0%
0 0%
no on both
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] minstagib mechanics & suggestions

Angel

speaking of minstagib, it is already an amazing mode, what with ammo dynamic & blaster jumping. here are some suggestions which may improve the experience, we believe:

Huh there is a minor bug whereas ammo does not fall from players by default, totally work-aroundable with vaporizer (?) balance, but fixing it wouldn't hurt

Idea enable or provide an option to enable blaster push and/or direct hit blaster gib; still no splash damage though, that would be too spammy

You can customize servers pretty freely, all of this is already doable - .exe instagib servers for example already have the splash boost enabled. It's up to server admins which settings are votable by regular players, as well as what settings the server has to begin with.

When you're in a server press § to open console and write "vhelp" without the quotes, you'll see a list of settings that you can vote in that server.

[Image: bMDKatL.png]

I don't know what the f*** "jittertoggle" is, but if you want that then simply write "vcall jittertoggle" to console. If you're alone in the server the setting will pass automatically.

Dodgy inetersing, but we are having trouble figuring out how this can be easily enabled. is there a console command or variable for that which we could set in the server config? any help would be greatly appreciated Angry

(11-24-2016, 07:10 PM)lister Wrote: Dodgy inetersing, but we are having trouble figuring out how this can be easily enabled. is there a console command or variable for that which we could set in the server config? any help would be greatly appreciated Angry

Try using console commands "apropos blaster" or "apropos instagib". Those will list you variables with matching words in their command line or description. You can also use any word which you might come up with, then just see whatever they do in a local game.

Had a quick test run myself with "g_balance_blaster_primary_damage 0" which did for some reason negate all splash force as well, also "g_balance_blaster_primary_damage 1" ended up making the force much stronger. Default value being 25. I did not get results, but did learn something new in a couple seconds lol. Until someone who can actually help comes along, you can try to investigate it yourself this way. Also, server administration section would be the right place in the forum for that.

I would also like to correct myself from before, vote cvar is actually "vcall" not "callvote". All these different games man, fixed the original post.

The cvar for dropping the player's weapon in instagib (g_balance_vaporizer_weaponthrowable) is disabled to match other superweapons outside of instagib, but given it breaks instagib, maybe it should be re-enabled. I'll fix that now...

Also, an option does indeed exist to control whether the secondary fire in instagib can push players: g_instagib_blaster_keepforce
It's also possible to enable damage from it, though it will count splash as well: g_instagib_blaster_keepdamage
[Image: 230.png]

(11-25-2016, 06:08 AM)Mario Wrote: The cvar for dropping the player's weapon in instagib (g_balance_vaporizer_weaponthrowable) is disabled to match other superweapons outside of instagib, but given it breaks instagib, maybe it should be re-enabled. I'll fix that now...

Also, an option does indeed exist to control whether the secondary fire in instagib can push players: g_instagib_blaster_keepforce
It's also possible to enable damage from it, though it will count splash as well: g_instagib_blaster_keepdamage

thanks!

Heart

we've seen these last 2 vars before, but they don't seem to be present/do anything in 0.8.1; are they in a more recent dev release?

Brick 
Blush gonna go n∞b on you people, but anyway,

Sleepy we found out we can play around with the g_weaponarena* options, and interesting game mechanics came to light. setting g_weaponarena "vaporizer" for example gives us the minstagib gun, with primary fire still instagibbing (or so it seems... no damage setting anywhere), and secondary fire (blaster) having the default damage and push which applies to other players. dandy. what we can see is that there is no apparent way to separate push, splash damage, and direct hit damage, they are all kinda glued together.

interestingly, setting g_balance_vaporizer_secondary_damage 0 removes the damage and bounce.

setting g_balance_vaporizer_secondary_damage 1 sets damage to 1, and gives a very powerful bounce that does reliably frag a player against a wall or a ceiling Rolleyes

setting g_balance_vaporizer_secondary_damage 100 and higher reliably frags player on push.

so there doesn't appear to be a way to remove damage while keeping the bounce, which is kinda what we are after Cool

(11-29-2016, 02:43 PM)lister Wrote: so there doesn't appear to be a way to remove damage while keeping the bounce, which is kinda what we are after Cool

I think the .exe instagib server has push but no damage to the secondary, check out their settings.

The exe server most likely uses the latest autobuilds, they also have the cvars I mentioned.

You can update to autobuild by running Xonotic/misc/tools/rsync-updater/update-to-autobuild.sh, but be warned: Anything custom in the Xonotic program directory will be deleted.
Better off using the home dir (~/.xonotic/data) for your server files anyway...
[Image: 230.png]

Rainbow 
(11-29-2016, 09:06 PM)Mario Wrote: The exe server most likely uses the latest autobuilds, they also have the cvars I mentioned. You can update to autobuild by running Xonotic/misc/tools/rsync-updater/update-to-autobuild.sh, but be warned: Anything custom in the Xonotic program directory will be deleted. Better off using the home dir (~/.xonotic/data) for your server files anyway...

Heart oh, fantastic! we were planning for a while for a dedicated gib server, and it looks like we may just make it autobuild-based, for that extra edge Cool

thanks again mario Big Grin the new autobuild-based hightime vanilla gib server is up, and everything is working as expected

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,980 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Movement + sound related suggestions Smilecythe 13 9,854 12-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] A couple of suggestions Lee_Stricklin 0 2,327 12-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestions for controls and HUD Denterroquet 15 15,008 01-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Reversion Balance - Feedback / Suggestions asyyy 0 3,248 10-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: asyyy
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] Suggestions and Question GoregeousGuy 7 9,586 09-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] XPM Suggestions machine! 4 5,947 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Last Post: mudkip
  [SUGGESTION] Bot suggestions rocknroll237 39 35,630 10-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  [SUGGESTION] My Xonotic suggestions! rocknroll237 49 62,233 09-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Morphed
  [SUGGESTION] A new FAQ (but for suggestions)? rocknroll237 8 7,942 03-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo