Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

[Image: GsZCN.png][Image: rihCk.png]

Nice t0uYK8Ne!  Looks like an interesting map for a duel

[Image: HQrUFnW.jpg]
Jeff ordered some more weapons and here's what I got so far. I'm not very happy with it so far so any critic is appreciated.

(08-03-2017, 05:08 PM)Morphed Wrote: [Image: HQrUFnW.jpg]
Jeff ordered some more weapons and here's what I got so far. I'm not very happy with it so far so any critic is appreciated.

How could you possibly not be happy with that? It is a masterpiece like all of your weapon models. I don't have words fit enough to congratulate your recent work on Xonotic Heart

Amazing work as always, Morphed. I love the "open belly" look, and the cool glowing pipes make it distinct and instantly recognizable.
A quick mockup with a couple suggestions:

[Image: X0fVHry.jpg]

Some more notes on the pipes:
  • Since they are the main feature, the pipes might benefit from making them a bit thicker and stick out more.
  • Isn't there one pipe too many? 5 projectiles vs 6 pipes?

(08-04-2017, 08:27 AM)sev Wrote: Some more notes on the pipes:
  • Since they are the main feature, the pipes might benefit from making them a bit thicker and stick out more.

The Crylink fires 6 projectiles so it probably should have 6 gun barrels.

(08-04-2017, 10:13 AM)Mirio Wrote: The Crylink fires 6 projectiles
I was so focused on the pentagonal projectile pattern that I completely forgot the middle one...

Six small barrels might be an overkill though. Maybe an outer barrel with a smaller inside barrel is a better solution. Doesn't have to be round either, a pentagonal shape might be appropriate.

will it official or just on jeffs server?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(08-04-2017, 08:27 AM)sev Wrote:

That is one thing that's drawn my eye to the current crylink.

Looking great morphed!

(08-04-2017, 10:13 AM)Mirio Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 08:27 AM)sev Wrote: Some more notes on the pipes:

The Crylink fires 6 projectiles so it probably should have 6 gun barrels.

You're both right. The primary fires 6 projectiles and the secondary fires 5.

I agree, the middle part could be more prominent and the back scaled down a bit.
Also not so keen of the front barrels. It's an engergy weapon after all. Maybe something more like this: http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/ro.../mpd01.jpg

(08-04-2017, 08:27 AM)sev Wrote: A quick mockup with a couple suggestions:

I quite prefer the elongated look of the model, I don't see the need to widen it out just to block more or your 1st person view. The trend on some of the newest models seems to be that they cover up too much of your screen. No need to continue that trend imo.

Also, I like the brushwork on the "low barrel version" more. The mockup where you fixed the barrel position just looks more clumsy and less impact somehow. And I'm not referring to the photoshop drag and drop effects there.

(08-05-2017, 06:08 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: ... photoshop ...
Wink

Obviously, the barrel mockup could be a bit more refined. It was mostly intended to illustrate my point about the color contrast.
In the original, the back is bright with dark highlights, while the front is the opposite, which makes it look like three separate parts, instead of a single whole. At least that's my first impression.

I agree that the model should not be too big (hence the shortening), but increasing the angle doesn't necessarily have to make it wider.
I simply see some lost potential because the glowing "bolts" are right in front of the glowing pipes in 1st person.

I'm thinking ditch the multi-barrelled design altogether and instead have either a single large muzzle that can spit out a handful of projectiles or maybe instead have a few prongs (maybe like three of them in a Y shape) on the front instead between which the projectiles would originate. Also get the tubes to stick out of the thing a bit (maybe even have them falling out of it a bit clumsily) and maybe make the gun fatter.

EDIT: Another thing I've noticed is that the where the front site sits all the way to where the barrels end does make the gun look freakishly long for what it is in my opinion. As drastic as it sounds, you may want to chop that off. In my mind when I handle the crylink (think of the way it fires, spreads, etc.), I'm handling some scrappy, but hi tech and alien bastardization of a short barrel or sawed off shotgun that's been hobbled together and somehow just works where it's needed.

ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

[Image: LHycN4D.jpg]
Progress on Crylink

finally the crylink model is history. 
Awesome job Morphed.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Nice work Morphed. I like the repositioned slide-in approach for the ammo, very sleek.

(09-19-2017, 12:57 PM)Lyberta Wrote: This is my totally personal opinion but I don't like the style.

I understand that you have a lot of opinions and ideas for the development of Xonotic,
and that is great. But comments like these are not constructive in any way.
They are demotivating and detrimental to an open-source community.

Either try to communicate the specific reasons why you  don't like something and
provide suggestions for improvement, offer a better alternative, or keep it to yourself.

Sorry for the slightly harsh tone, but this had to be said.

I think the crylink is incredibly sexy
[Image: 38443.png]

It looks very nice, can't wait to see it in-game!

(09-19-2017, 05:02 PM)sev Wrote: Nice work Morphed. I like the repositioned slide-in approach for the ammo, very sleek.

(09-19-2017, 12:57 PM)Lyberta Wrote: This is my totally personal opinion but I don't like the style.

I understand that you have a lot of opinions and ideas for the development of Xonotic,
and that is great. But comments like these are not constructive in any way.
They are demotivating and detrimental to an open-source community.

Either try to communicate the specific reasons why you  don't like something and
provide suggestions for improvement, offer a better alternative, or keep it to yourself.

Sorry for the slightly harsh tone, but this had to be said.
Seems that person don't like anything if its not their idea.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Great job, Morphed! Keep up the good work.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Not my favorite weapon, but the model is awesome.

It is already in Jeff's servers with a new primary-shot sound.

I think the model looks awesome, I'm always impressed by the professionality of your work, Morphed.

The only thing I could think of what to improve is the uniqueness of each model's looks. Whereas they do in fact look very distinguisheable as such, in the heat of the game I often need to look twice if a dropped weapon is a mortar, a shotgun or a devastator. I believe there's nothing to change about the mesh, but maybe add unique texturing to each model, probably it would be best to reference the weapon's icon color scheme a bit in the model.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Crylink is my favorite weapon, so thank you for making it look awesome!
I do agree that some times it's hard to tell the weapons apart in fast passing. It's been this case for me for a while.

(09-18-2017, 05:26 PM)Morphed Wrote: [Image: LHycN4D.jpg]
Progress on Crylink

I like the model detail. I prefer the preview version without the textures applied however, there seems to be more contrast between sections in that version. For example, the red crylink in the screenie appears all black where as the preview-crylink there's definite white area and grey area. It might only be the lighting though.

Slightly looks like those handheld vacuum cleaners.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,048 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,761 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe