Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

Children's playground much?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Models I made based off Machinen Krieger Raptor model                

I'm not too good at the next steps. I do have some idea about texturing, but the animating I will have to learn. Still, here's some low res pics. Besides, my models are also low poly (approx 2000 - 2500) as not to choke some of the older vid cards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-23-2010, 12:32 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: Ignis Masked
[Image: wtrsud6tjbcludg9n5zp_thumb.jpg]

Doesn't exactly look like the wimp they placed on the Wings of Liberty box art that has freakin' windshield wipers on his helmet lol Nice work.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

[Image: fu5xu4353huqqh20tpmb_thumb.jpg]

Saturn is a nice touch.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Very WIP of Gak by Oblivion and tZork
Rigged by me

[Image: u7w9pas06973k2fwnoco_thumb.jpg]

Yes the shoulder pads will be moved so they don't look like wings, granted i don't mind it this way. Gives the player more place to aim.

The face looks strange to me, like a featureless lightbulb. Also, it doesn't look like it's holding the gun - is this even fixable?
Extra points for using the latest evilspace though Tongue

Firstly its wearing a helmet. Secondly, I already stated VERY WIP. I just quickly rigged it to see what it would look like in game.

[Image: enh1gel64qw00rrr158_thumb.jpg]

[Image: djttsh3wmjnnf36foxr_thumb.jpg]

[Image: zsgws5s5m6litub60gs4_thumb.jpg]

[Image: pnxo5okixizc9egtcmp_thumb.jpg]

[Image: y77nk046llgznz1j09h2_thumb.jpg]

That one is much more awesome. Those are without fullbright enabled, right?

[Image: ntjdkjltlfyccs7pj51_thumb.jpg][Image: l6u4dk0ufdoivmpy0mqq_thumb.jpg][Image: qqcfq3cf6p6mwxw05o2d_thumb.jpg]
[Image: sec8r6lbjbyljzjm7brc_thumb.jpg][Image: 29xg8ajq1cdzrnqk1s4_thumb.jpg]

Now in Xonotic GIT. Whether it will be included in the final release will be decided by someone else than me.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

EYECANDY Angel

Would like to test it out, through this GIT stuff is too complicated for me Tongue

tzz these warsow adds

Christ, frutiex, you really turned that map around from your original concepts. That looks incredibly awesome. Can you still do the laserjump from the mortar platform to the upper level?
Also, wtf boxes near flag.

[Image: 03y7bjc70js6trvjh74u_thumb.jpg]

[Image: w1vdipev7r7ayfqu5u7b_thumb.jpg]

[Image: yhyp8yix52fgh5pdk_thumb.jpg]

[Image: s6xrfvljmkzi7lskjpzr_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 4magpqzxi4du2qf6o1vi_thumb.jpg]

Hey dib, you think you could rig (or re-rig) the Raptor model (the one I have pics of above) to see how it looks? Thanks for your consideration.

Obli, I'm gonna try to learn texturing myself. However, if you want a copy of the Raptor model, I will send it to you.

BTW, if there are any criticisms of this model, please let me know.

Personally, I don't like that one at all, dib.

(05-29-2010, 07:13 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Personally, I don't like that one at all, dib.

Ummm thanks? I'm not sure how to respond? I personally like it a lot in game. Need to fix a few things but overall its very well done. Plus we are just trying to do this quickly so that we can get to weapons as well. So...on that note, why not try modelling yourself? Not that I don't appreciate this kind of criticism. I mean its really helpful and motivating for Oblivion, tZork, theShadow, and myself that you hate the model.

EDIT: Err forgot to answer Gene. Gene I cannot rig the model in that state. For me to be able to rig it has to be in the T-form where the arms are spanned out like Obi shows in his render. Also, I cannot guarantee that it will be in the official release. One last thing, does the model have hands?

I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I'm sorry if I did. Let me explain why I do not like it:
From the screenshots, it appears that the eyes are of different size. The forearms appear to be disproportionally thin. Is there a cross on top of the model's head? What are those gray things?
Also, I didn't say that I hated it. Please don't make me appear to say things that I did not say. Also, please don't take the position that people can a. like what you do or b. do it themselves. That's a great way to alienate people.

I never said you have to like anything I do but don't expect me to just sit here and let you get away by saying I don't like it without explaining yourself. And you shouldn't be making assumptions without seeing the model yourself in game. I have been making git branches for testing purposes and not for my own health. Also if you dislike the model then don't use it. There are plenty of other models to choose from. Lastly if you want a better picture of the model go look at the actual render in the ignis 42 thread. Obi posted those for a reason as well.

hey dib, the model has one hand. I guess i could do it in a t pose. Honestly, I think i did attach the skeleton to the skin. It's just the animation that I haven't done yet. And I'm not worried about if it makes official release. To see how it looks ingame is more important, and if it looks right. It can be released some other way later.

BTW, I would only take Roanoake with a grain of salt. I haven't seen him do anything but critique, and even then he only argues for why things should be his way. He hasn't struck me of being open minded.

Hey Roanoake, if you look closely, there is a single goggle of some sort over the left eye (coming off the side of the head). If just looks funny because it the same color of the clothing, which was probably done on purpose. Secondly, the upper sleeves are of a loose fitting shirt, and the forearms are wrapped tightly with leather. Therefore, it would look the way it does, puffy above and skin tight below.

Alright, great gene. As long as its in the T pose shouldn't have a problem. Never rigged a guy this heavy :p

I'll put up the .blend file and a .3ds file. Thx!

(05-30-2010, 02:08 AM)GT_Gene Wrote: ...he only argues for why things should be his way...
Well, I'd be a fool to argue for things to be to some other guy's liking.

(05-30-2010, 02:08 AM)GT_Gene Wrote: Hey Roanoake, if you look closely, there is a single goggle of some sort over the left eye (coming off the side of the head). If just looks funny because it the same color of the clothing, which was probably done on purpose. Secondly, the upper sleeves are of a loose fitting shirt, and the forearms are wrapped tightly with leather. Thereforeu, it would look the way it does, puffy above and skin tight below.
Okay, what about the gray things?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,075 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 153,670 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe