Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

(09-27-2012, 05:13 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 04:55 AM).Danny. Wrote: I have a great feeling of nostalgia looking at these pictures because it reminds me of unreal '99 except way better graphics of course. Also reminds me of Mega City 1 too.

Xonotic and Nexuiz always did / do this for me too, which is another reason I love them. Although it still feels like it's missing part of that dark and dynamic feel UT had, and especially music as good as it. I totally miss the music single-player games had in the early 00's (like Unreal or DeusEx), if only a music artist could gift us with some...

I agree, the music from these games is awesome. UT is the only FPS game if I play it I have the music on, such a good feeling.

Agree also that some maps look to similar using the same texture pack, but definitely improving, some just need a little bit more variety.

I like those lines personally Justan.

Revenant those screenshots lookal ace, keep up the good work both.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Quote:Also love the third screenshot with the yellow fog and those towers.

Completely agree. Those towers look awesome! Smile

Thanks for the kind words!

I completely agree with it looking too repetitive. The eX set is one of the nicer sets to work with BUT there isnt much variation in color. I will try to find some textures to give it a splash of color.

(09-27-2012, 11:52 AM)Revenant Wrote: Thanks for the kind words!

I completely agree with it looking too repetitive. The eX set is one of the nicer sets to work with BUT there isnt much variation in color. I will try to find some textures to give it a splash of color.

Yes. I always prefer and default to eXx too when mapping because they're very good textures. But don't always use eXx (or for that matter only textures in one packages). Textures of a given group are similar to each other, and unless using different ones a map will likely look repetitive.

I guess I generally stick to one texture set to try to keep it consistent. The problem arises when the texture set doesn't have enough variation in and of itself (not saying a texture set is a bad set, it just doesnt work with this method).

I would still like to use the eX set because it fits well on most of my brushwork but I will definitely try to bring in some textures from other sets. Any suggestions on what colors you think would go well with my current look? Iirc one of the phillips sets has some nice orange textures in it, that may look nice.

(09-27-2012, 04:57 PM)Revenant Wrote: I guess I generally stick to one texture set to try to keep it consistent. The problem arises when the texture set doesn't have enough variation in and of itself (not saying a texture set is a bad set, it just doesnt work with this method).

I would still like to use the eX set because it fits well on most of my brushwork but I will definitely try to bring in some textures from other sets. Any suggestions on what colors you think would go well with my current look? Iirc one of the phillips sets has some nice orange textures in it, that may look nice.

I agree that eXx is otherwise the best set to stick with. As for colors, I think something blue and / or yellow would fit well for that theme. A very rough guess... try different ones and see what you think looks best.

For sure. Unfortunately I won't have much time this weekend :/. I'd love to have the beta done by next Friday though

[Image: 20120929_gt_icons.png]

Wheee!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(09-27-2012, 07:13 AM)kojn^ Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 05:13 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 04:55 AM).Danny. Wrote: I have a great feeling of nostalgia looking at these pictures because it reminds me of unreal '99 except way better graphics of course. Also reminds me of Mega City 1 too.

Xonotic and Nexuiz always did / do this for me too, which is another reason I love them. Although it still feels like it's missing part of that dark and dynamic feel UT had, and especially music as good as it. I totally miss the music single-player games had in the early 00's (like Unreal or DeusEx), if only a music artist could gift us with some...

I agree, the music from these games is awesome. UT is the only FPS game if I play it I have the music on, such a good feeling.

Agree also that some maps look to similar using the same texture pack, but definitely improving, some just need a little bit more variety.

I like those lines personally Justan.

Revenant those screenshots lookal ace, keep up the good work both.

Always admired UT's music, have all of the tracks on my phone, those music artists were pure geniuses.. Alexander Brandon, Michiel van den Bos, and a few others.

Alexander Brandon also made the soundtrack for the DOS game Tyrian if anybody still remembers it.

I like these two from UT the most:

I might be able to pull off some tracks with a hint of that style in em.. Will mess around with it sometime soon Tongue
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

@Antibody: You! Are awesome!

@Archer: So... you have already done something or why did you posted this music here? Smile

(09-29-2012, 10:35 AM)Maddin Wrote: @Antibody: You! Are awesome!

@Archer: So... you have already done something or why did you posted this music here? Smile

Dunno, I was suddenly hit by a wave of nostalgia Tongue

And indeed, Antibody did an awesome job, I like the design!

Also Maddin, that neat sig you and most others have, where to get it? Can't find it at the obvious places :\

EDIT: Thanks for the PM Maddin Smile

(09-29-2012, 08:47 AM)Antibody Wrote: Wheee!

Arrrrrsome! One minor thing - it looks like the width of the gametype fields differs, please make them all have the width, it will look much better imho Smile

EDIT: ... and a fixed height for the area above would be nice, too. Right now the "tabs bar" wiggles up and down when I switch between ctf and other modes (because ctf has that "cap ratio" line).

EDIT 2:

[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Oh btw Zykure, might be a while ago since I last worked on it, but I kinda finished it now, talking about the background for the sigs that may replace the one in the sig you currently have below your name Smile

This is how it was:
[Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall2.png]

And this is the result now:
[Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall5.png]

If you need me to (re)move the 'white' lines (not really white/distracting anymore), it's no problemo, but it would look better with them imo.

Tell me what you think about it.

EDIT: Decided to include the entire background stuff as well, 2 versions:

1.)
[Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall9.png]

2.)
[Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall10.png]

Hope it could be put to use as a replacement of the current one Smile

(09-30-2012, 10:38 AM)Archer Wrote: Oh btw Zykure, might be a while ago since I last worked on it, but I kinda finished it now, talking about the background for the sigs that may replace the one in the sig you currently have below your name Smile

Heh, nice job man! This is how it looks; I basically just took your artwork and used it as background, plus small changes to some text:

[Image: vZnA3ZA]

However, the left "stripe" doesn't look right to me, I'm sure it can be improved somewhat. Rest of it looks really fine though! =)

(09-30-2012, 10:38 AM)Archer Wrote: Hope it could be put to use as a replacement of the current one Smile

Hm I don't know, the current default one would be some "intermediate" style between the minimal and the full-blown one with real artwork. I think it would be best to have the new style in addition to the existing too (or make that one the default, but still keep the old one). Let's see what Antibody has to say about that! Wink

(09-30-2012, 12:20 PM)zykure Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 10:38 AM)Archer Wrote: Oh btw Zykure, might be a while ago since I last worked on it, but I kinda finished it now, talking about the background for the sigs that may replace the one in the sig you currently have below your name Smile

Heh, nice job man! This is how it looks; I basically just took your artwork and used it as background, plus small changes to some text:

[Image: vZnA3ZA]

However, the left "stripe" doesn't look right to me, I'm sure it can be improved somewhat. Rest of it looks really fine though! =)

Yeah about the stripe, I think I'll just remove it, and make it fade a bit at the edges like at the other side.

But yeah, it looks sweet with all the stuff on it, thanks for showing Big Grin

EDIT:

Here you go:
[Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall11.png]

Got an alternative version with a softer white box at the right and some rims below the upper boxes as well:
[Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall12.png]

EDIT2:

Another one with even more details added:
[Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall13.png]

(09-30-2012, 12:43 PM)Archer Wrote: EDIT2:

Wow, that's nice! Big Grin But I somehow don't like the way the rim is going around that small panel on the right, maybe it's too bright (looks good below the bars on top though).

(09-30-2012, 02:04 PM)zykure Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 12:43 PM)Archer Wrote: EDIT2:

Wow, that's nice! Big Grin But I somehow don't like the way the rim is going around that small panel on the right, maybe it's too bright (looks good below the bars on top though).

I can remove those and leave the panel as it is, hang on for a few mins

EDIT:

Okay this is the result:
[Image: xonstat_batch_badges_img_dark_wall14.png]

That looks totally awesome now! =)

.png   68.png (Size: 41.64 KB / Downloads: 370)

Looks great!

Explanations coming soon Wink

[Image: ppt0pcinol17momxbgo4_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(09-30-2012, 06:19 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: Explanations coming soon Wink

[Image: ppt0pcinol17momxbgo4_thumb.jpg]

I hope they will, cuz I'm liking what I think I see you doing there Big Grin

(09-30-2012, 06:19 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: Explanations coming soon Wink

Eh, it's not done yet? Tongue

Are gonna be playing Angry birds in Xonotic?

(10-01-2012, 12:58 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Eh, it's not done yet? Tongue

i guess he is improving it, to get his revenge Smile
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Is that a Mario level with a defined path (func_train?) in the ZX viewport?

Replacing lights because they destroyed the map:

[Image: S20V5.png]
somewhere

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,073 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 153,649 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe