Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

I worked again on the shotgun cannon model. This is the final version, which will be requested for merge today.

[Image: kq25v7vohcxpk161lbw_thumb.jpg] [Image: t4i513w204ctd0ookqq6_thumb.jpg] [Image: dsmiusnhn64e7i2vw521_thumb.jpg] [Image: 1igxauird0569eug0fhm_thumb.jpg] [Image: b43ykf13tuhjaceby50_thumb.jpg] [Image: c412k51gssql3vfct44_thumb.jpg] [Image: dpkdhmhfs09x5mzxb0m_thumb.jpg] [Image: sw831f29m7cavoaz8m_thumb.jpg] [Image: zsq3gw067nkzmr4wyose_thumb.jpg] [Image: 3xuxb2ppdx11gjzkllq2_thumb.jpg] [Image: zo9gziw6rhts5lm0pr5_thumb.jpg] [Image: p4gznfxdp3g86eyc4gd_thumb.jpg] [Image: gpn04hfv9db1931onq02_thumb.jpg] [Image: r6hiz377rtf76t7vyw_thumb.jpg]

I'm sorry to say so, but I wouldn't really like this model go replace the normal shotgun model. I don't want to be rude, but it just doesn't really feel like a shotgun to me. Sorry, but I don't really think this should become the new default shotgun model.

But that are only my thaughts, I don't know how other peope think about this.

Good work MirceaKitsune, the model looks pretty interesting. But I agree with Mepper, it does not really fit with a shotgunmodel in my imagination. If we furthermore distinguish between Alien and Human weapons, then this model matches the aliens better.
The mind is like a parachute, it only works, if it is open!

Unless you change the visual of the shotgun projectiles as well. Maybe if they are a rapidly expanding ring of acid or energy. The gameplay effect would be identical, but more unique and fitting for the model.
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

I thought the shape of this looked familiar. Then it hit me - it looks just like a hand-held vacuum cleaner!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&...eld+vacuum

Not exactly a shotgun, but still pretty cool looking nonetheless.

Anyone fancy making more weapons out of household appliances? How about a staple gun hagar? Or a microwave oven nex?
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Model definitely is better than some of our current ones, but the size of the barrel makes me think of GL or RL, but honestly I would take it over current SG model if I had too (replace RL is really growing on me...).

I just don't like that it looks white -- what is with this trend of all the weapons looking pure gray/white on most parts, it looks terrible and I hate that. I would like it if the main texture were made black like the current shotgun.

yo, it's been awhile since i posted; but holidays have finally come around on this side, so now i got some work in on my modelling. redid all the gun concepts i put up on here, managed to come up with a second version the first shotgun (both of them pictured below). hope you like them.

had to post in different replies, went overboard with my attachment size. apologies.

here's the first shotgun with a few changes

and the second version

How long is a piece of string?

Wow this weaponmodels look very complex and they are interesting as well. I like them, i would prefer the first shotgun model. The first model could be a plasma or a lightning gun. The second seems more like duel weapon - could fit with the laser. Your style looks like steam punk. Awesome, keep up the good work!
The mind is like a parachute, it only works, if it is open!

Now those are some cool looking models. As for which shotgun I prefer, I'd have to say the first one in your post, I also love how you added a drum magazine to the back of the weapon.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

First model looks really good from first-person view, however it also made me think of "Super soaker 3000" for some reason Big Grin

You're older models look too high poly if I was guessing, plus I don't like the fps view on those very much.

Now they need some good textures.

Those models are nice! I prefer the shotgun cannon for the shotgun though, but for some reason am one of the few...

(11-28-2011, 03:48 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: Those models are nice! I prefer the shotgun cannon for the shotgun though, but for some reason am one of the few...

Probably because it looks like a children's toy instead of a weapon Tongue and the other models look like they'd fit the theme of the Liandri maps in Unreal Championship 2.

Oh wait.

Much too ornate/blocky
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

interesting style, looks like kind of internal mechanisms without outer cover

I realy like the first gun and the second shotgun. Keep the models coming, and don't forget to design them in a way, that you can later animate them (yes, animations on models are possible in DP).
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(11-29-2011, 05:28 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: I realy like the first gun and the second shotgun. Keep the models coming, and don't forget to design them in a way, that you can later animate them (yes, animations on models are possible in DP).

Hopefully he did that. The shotguns look like they have some serious animation potential with barrels rotating after each shot.

Oh wait.

(11-29-2011, 11:08 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(11-29-2011, 05:28 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: I realy like the first gun and the second shotgun. Keep the models coming, and don't forget to design them in a way, that you can later animate them (yes, animations on models are possible in DP).

Hopefully he did that. The shotguns look like they have some serious animation potential with barrels rotating after each shot.

exactly what i had in mind. Big Grin with firing from all three barrels as secondary fire mode.
How long is a piece of string?

Um, I have to warn you, the secondary firemode is changed in Xonotic, it's a slapping melee attack. That's why I like the seocnd one more, it's more robust, heavy looking, something that can smash bones if swinged well.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

especially of you added some kind of blade/energy hammer thing to the bottom of the foreword barrel
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(12-01-2011, 02:52 PM)theShadow Wrote: especially of you added some kind of blade/energy hammer thing to the bottom of the foreword barrel

An overpowered stun gun attachment might be cool and could probably be done without modifying the model. In-game they could just make the piece under the barrels give off a noticeable animation that looks like an electric current when the weapon gets swung and a flash when someone gets hit by the melee attack. I think that would be cool and unique. It would probably be more unique than the chainsaw bayonet on the Lancer.

Oh wait.

It's today's broken autobuild. Thanks for the screenshot, I wanted to see how it looks Tongue

No problem, Im glad I helped somehow. Anyway I was terrified after seeing that. I though that was new interface design. Big Grin
On the other hand u can leave as it is. Very playable. Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,758 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe