Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

(04-10-2010, 10:00 AM)kay Wrote: nice! but i think it needs a space sky.

Or a platform or something to keep it in place, because now it looks like its floating.

[Image: techwall1preview.jpg?t=1270997685]
[Image: techpanel1.png?t=1270962369]

my first attempt at making a texture.

sorry if its not a thumb nail. ill fix it in the morning.

[Image: techwall1_normal.jpg?t=1270997597]
here's the normal map, if anyone wants to use it

EDIT: updated texture and added normal map.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(04-08-2010, 08:55 AM)fabzor3 Wrote: not final, let me know what you think, it still might be totally different

Looks a little too current/WWII to me.

theShadow, cool textures, but there are a few things you could do to push it further.

One is to add some slight colour to all the gray. I don't mean make it pink or red or blue or whatever, but to add just a hint of colour to it. While it'll still be grey, that extra hint of colour will make it more alive. Completely greyscale colours are dead colours. Perhaps some brownish rust, to add quality to the (currently black( wear and tear.

The other thing to do, is to make the red stripes more prominent. The bland effect they have right now contributes to dullness and not liveliness of the texture. But perhaps this way the goal.

And the last thing is to is to add a specular map. These make a huge difference in the final overall appearance of the texture. Perhaps you already have this planned, but I thought I'd mention it.

Overall the texture is good but has a lot of potential left and with some additional work, it could reach it.

Regards,
Lamoot

I think it's too dirty for this theme. clean metal textures fit better.
Thats my opinion.Wink
and also have color in the specular map.

Variety of textures is ok imo. This will allow for a rusty abandoned tech place so i honestly think it fits.

I say I like it very much the way it is. No problemo it's a bit dirty. Do you think that an intergalactical trip or just entering into orbit won't leave any scar on metal surfaces? Radiation from stars, etc.?
I only have one concern: I hope it's not 512x512. Because it seems that the default will be 2048x2048 from now on.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(04-12-2010, 01:29 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: I say I like it very much the way it is. No problemo it's a bit dirty. Do you think that an intergalactical trip or just entering into orbit won't leave any scar on metal surfaces? Radiation from stars, etc.?
I only have one concern: I hope it's not 512x512. Because it seems that the default will be 2048x2048 from now on.

wuuuut? 2048x2048??? and ppl where surprised my map was like 30 mb.

yes it is 512x512. I tried loading a 1024x1024 texture into blender, and it freaked out.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

hello, I would like to share few screens of map Im doing lately.
on these screens there are some lights missing (already fixed that), and as map was designed for minsta games, there are no other weapons there. and if that map could be used in normal dm there should be few jumppads and teleporters. well,o f course that can be done.
[Image: nexuiz32.jpg]
[Image: nexuiz33.jpg]
[Image: nexuiz34.jpg]
[Image: nexuiz36.jpg]
[Image: ten10.png]
[Image: 18600.png]

[Image: jq46eiqifccc943w82_thumb.jpg]

finally, after few years, someone repaired those unfinished arches on evilspace Big Grin looks great
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

@Cortez: the remix looks really nice.

@kuniu: what makes you think they were unfinshed? I think they were left like that on purpose.

Wow that doesn't look like a remix at all, it looks even cooler than that. It looks like an UPGRADE.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Actually, you're right. Nice touch with the "jet engines" used to make the platform float.

(04-14-2010, 06:52 PM)Aleator Wrote: I think they were left like that on purpose.

I fully agree. My post was ment to be kind of joke... Sorry if you misunderstood my intentions...
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(04-15-2010, 07:25 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote:
(04-14-2010, 06:52 PM)Aleator Wrote: I think they were left like that on purpose.

I fully agree. My post was ment to be kind of joke... Sorry if you misunderstood my intentions...

Got it. Smile

Now we finally have an answer to the question, "Why does evilspace stay up?"
It would be cool of you took damage when in the way of the jet. And if you get time an updated ctf version would be cool too.

(04-15-2010, 05:49 PM)Roanoke Wrote: And if you get time an updated ctf version would be cool too.

and if you would be more precise what could be changed it would much easier to update the map

The yellow warning edges are too bright imo. I prefer the dirtied up texture. Also the border thickness isn't consistent in some areas which is niggling at me such as the ground in comparison to the jump pads.

Other than that it looks rather shiny.

The edges look ok in my opinion. Plus, it gives a nice contour to the map.

[Image: by0ypdjs09n0dtnvtj0_thumb.jpg][Image: b5ld77mfna5g57eh13l_thumb.jpg]

[Image: nexuiz000085.jpg]
[Image: nexuiz000084.jpg]
[Image: nexuiz000083.jpg]

castles_v2r2

balancing the level layout. Smile
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

RULES!
In all ways...
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,048 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,768 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe