Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

I love the new electro! Thank you so much, Morphed!!

I think scaling the model down a bit and just coloring bits of the texture in the weapon's simple icon color scheme would be quite easy, wouldn't it?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

With default settings (fov 100), the new model is considerably smaller for me than before (about -20% pixel coverage), so I don't fully understand the concern.

[Image: PjIlNcK.jpg]

BTW, I love the animations of your models Morphed, they make the game feel incredibly visceral.

I mean 3rd person view/when other players carry them.

(01-30-2018, 07:04 AM)Mirio Wrote: I mean 3rd person view/when other players carry them.

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Now that you pointed it out, I agree that the weapons are rather large in 3rd person.
If they can be scaled down a bit separately from 1st person, that wouldn't hurt.
Though I never noticed while playing, so I don't mind either way.

(01-30-2018, 07:02 AM)sev Wrote: BTW, I love the animations of your models Morphed, they make the game feel incredibly visceral.

To think there was a struggle to convince the admins to keep animated weapon models a few months ago, due to them supposedly causing performance drops with a few odd video drivers (above even the noticeable 60 FPS range).

<slot> Honestly I think the weapon models in xonotic are suffering really badly from the fact that they all come from one single person
<slot> Making them all essentially have the same style
[...]
<slot> the weapons themselves are so different
<slot> you have the crylink (fucking NEGATIVE PUSH FORCE) and the mortar (literally a grenade launcher) looking sort of similar
<slot> just doesn't 'feel right' to me

I thank the artist very much. Thank you for your efforts morphed.
But the weapon models are very very very very big not just from 3rd person view, but also rather large from the 1st person which I think is not good, but bad.

We want a consistent art direction for stock models and weapons, so that the weapons have the same style is actually not a bug, it's a feature ™.

I also like that every weapon looks really powerful. Because in Xonotic, all weapons are quite similarily powerful. That makes perfect sense to me. With powerful looking weapons I fear if we make them significantly smaller then they would look more like toys not like heavy gear. I consider it also a good thing to recognize from distance which weapon an opponent is wielding. Personally, I would just implement the "simple items" weapon symbol's color scheme or maybe even the symbol itself into the model so that they are easier to tell apart from each other, especially regarding dropped weapons or spawns.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(01-30-2018, 08:36 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: To think there was a struggle to convince the admins to keep animated weapon models a few months ago, due to them supposedly causing performance drops with a few odd video drivers (above even the noticeable 60 FPS range).

This is still a concern, the animated models are very heavy on performance. Not everyone wants to (or even can) use the glitchy GLSL skeletal animations setting, so it doesn't count as a valid fix.

Issues aside, this model is really awesome and I really like how true to the original it is, nice work once again Morphed!
[Image: 230.png]

[Image: MAVjXOs.jpg]

Oh, nice, the tiny lamps have handles now. /s
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

Looks just a little bit too squareish but I definitely cannot complain. That handle looks great and adds a very nice touch to it Big Grin

Giving the Arc a much-needed minor makeover (model excluded of course!)

[Image: Nt2sR8cl.jpg]

It actually visually comes from the weapon with g_shootfromeye or g_shootfromcenter, unless weapon drawing is turned off (in which case, it'll be the same as before, minus the muzzle effect).

People lurking the development channel probably noticed my activity on NetRadiant. I'm a bit busy improving mapping workflow (like adding pk3dir support, options to set extra pakpath or to prevent NetRadiant to look from user's game dir to ensure a safe & clean mapping environment, etc.). I also spend some time to merge things from other radiant or q3map2 trees.

Today Mario asked me if I can try to port the “Make Hollow Touch” option from GtkRadiant. After a short look at the code, I discovered the DarkRadiant tree was closer to ours than the GtkRadiant one on that part (I expected the opposite). So I implemented in NetRadiant the DarkRadiant “Make Room” option which is just another name for the same thing. This is what Mario calls the “Make Skybox” CSG operation. This is an operation that transforms a brush to a room with brushes outside of the former one.

Well, have a look at this screenshot since that thread is all about that: Big Grin
[Image: 20180304-053742-000.netradiant-csg-make-room.png]
And yes I draw that fancy icon. I feel like an artist. Cool

It will make mapper's life easier. Blush
This comment is licensed under cc by 4 and antecedent.

(03-04-2018, 12:49 AM)illwieckz Wrote: It will make mapper's life easier. Blush

Excellent feature addition, the little things help big!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qoziemtpnaiy5y...0.jpg?dl=0

layout done
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Still trying to figure out why the new Mortar model (the one by Morphed) fails to render in Xonotic on newer Intel hardware under Linux (affects Broadwell, Skylake, KabyLake and beyond), though now with newer tools.
References: [Image: xon-frameretrace1.png?raw=1]
BTW: Yes I know more than the mortar model is affected by this bug, but it seems the Mortar model bug is almost 100% reproducible, so it's a good starting place in case they're all related.
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

[Image: 6wwrni8pgn04iwxcud5a_thumb.jpg]
the result of me and julius grass models
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

[Image: ck915ygzho038axnn43d_thumb.jpg]
Wip

nice!!
[Image: 39855.png]

[Image: vHfOidcl.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,755 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe