Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Upgrade

(07-11-2017, 05:59 PM)nilyt Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 04:46 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Just noticed you have a button to reply while I don't. Could it be that you're hitting a forum bug and are somehow in limbo between signed in and not signed in? Can you try clearing your cookies or alternatively, use a different browser or private browsing mode?

No, you're right, I was logged in while screenshotting. (Can't find the logout button Blush )
It looks the same while logged out, though (killed the cookies).

And I think I found the button. May the source be with us.
It's hiding offscreen behind the right scrollbar... somewhere.
In fact the whole <table> inside <div class="topbar"> is offscreen (red marking in screenshot).

[Image: oSBIgks.png]

The <nav.menu> pushes the table offscreen.
In my reality the table needs a float:left or position:absolute (relative to the parent <div.topbar>).
Or <nav.menu>  needs to stop being a float:left.

[Image: X0AL1YE.png]

Coding table-based layouts in ..2017. Webdesigner? You're fired. =p

Strange! Thank you for taking a closer look at it. I notified -z- on IRC. Can you tell me your exact browser version? Have you tried other browsers?

If you don't get a reply in the next couple of days, please post in this thread again. I get e-mail notifications from it so I won't miss it Smile

Edit: note that it's not just the login button. You're also missing the Xonotic logo!
[Image:http://i.imgur.com/4XODR.png]640K ought to be enough for anybody.
     ― Linux Torvalds

(07-11-2017, 05:59 PM)nilyt Wrote: The <nav.menu> pushes the table offscreen.
In my reality the table needs a float:left or position:absolute (relative to the parent <div.topbar>).
Or <nav.menu>  needs to stop being a float:left.
[Image: X0AL1YE.png]
Thanks for the info, I've applied this change, let me know if it resolves the issue:

.topbar table {
  float: left;
}

Quote:Coding table-based layouts in ..2017. Webdesigner? You're fired. =p
Some people have invested time in dropping table layouts in a forum system, but the effort isn't always worth it.  There are some downsides to the theme, but it solves a lot of "issues" without diverging too much from the vendor.  Themes in MyBB are currently comprised of templates, and styles the former being HTML/JS, the latter being CSS.  Due to the way MyBB caches themes, these are stored in the database.  MyBB provides a GUI for solving differences when patches come downstream from the vendor that include themes/template changes, but it's tedious at best.  That makes the process a bit more involved when applying upgrades.

MyBB's planned migration path is a switch to the Laravel PHP Framework, which includes a new approach to the front-end, you can see more in their roadmap here: https://github.com/mybb/mybb2/issues

If you're interested in playing more with mybb in its current state in a sandboxed environment, including this theme, you can check out this project https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-mybb

When the solution is confirmed on your end, this is where the commited changes will go.

Looking good now, the fix is working for me.
Thanks for the work, -z-
// nyov in disguise

(07-18-2017, 05:15 PM)nilyt Wrote: Looking good now, the fix is working for me.
Thanks for the work, -z-

Thank you for confirming, I appreciate the detailed report.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Forum update discussion (Was: Forum down time April 6th) Antibody 75 41,970 01-10-2013, 02:18 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  Forum downtime today Mr. Bougo 9 5,501 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237
Information New restrictions upon forum signatures Samual 21 11,715 10-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Samual