Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevent respawn of players like in CA

So I've spent like 5 hours searching through every line of CA gametype to see how it disables respawn of players. I can't replicate it. I was sure it is in PlayerDies or ForbidRespawn but the second is only called when client changes team from spectators. How to disallow respawn after death?
?️‍? <- that should be a rainbow flag emoji.

Gametypes are a tough place to start if you're just getting used to the language and our codebase (both of which are large tasks). They have bits and pieces in a few places, not very organized yet.

CA in particular has a lot of weird hacks throughout the codebase to support what it does (keeping players as spectators but keeping their score and team). the .caplayer field for example tells other code not to change the player in too many ways.
The part that blocks joining though, would be in the CA mutator file, in the PutClientInServer hook. It transmutes the player back into an observer when they try to join.
[Image: 230.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Privacy information for players (ingame) [GDPR] Kaesebrot 11 1,027 11-07-2018, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Getting Position of Other Players/Bots Client-Side ehrenbrav 7 4,796 05-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Last Post: ehrenbrav
  What are CSQC players? ThePWTULN 3 3,492 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo