Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SUGGESTION] Slippary ground shader

Is there already a slippary texture? would be cool in xonotic
maybe for traps or ice

This may have some usefulness. I'de love to see a wetter map.
I remember how awesome the dx10.1 (or 10, whatever it was) shaders in Stalker Call Of Pripyat looked when it was raining, and each drop actually running down the sides of objects and the textures got slick and really wet looking. I know this probably can't and won't be done, but perhaps we should have raining maps with slick looking shaders.
[Image: jngsiggy.png]

(07-18-2010, 08:51 AM)jngdwe Wrote: This may have some usefulness. I'de love to see a wetter map.
I remember how awesome the dx10.1 (or 10, whatever it was) shaders in Stalker Call Of Pripyat looked when it was raining, and each drop actually running down the sides of objects and the textures got slick and really wet looking. I know this probably can't and won't be done, but perhaps we should have raining maps with slick looking shaders.

I don't know the limitations of Darkplaces, but AFAIK everything that's possible in DirectX 11, is possible in the newly released OGL4.0 specification, so that's not a limitation.

Gloss maps and real-time reflections have been supported for many years now.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

Obviously the original poster was talking about surface properties not visual effects, stay on topic people.

Well he was talking about a "texture", but maybe that means something different in mapper lingo.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

Pretty sure he meant the ability to reduce a surface's friction.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Hmm... do want...
Make it use common/slick for q3 compat too Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

i mean we have a metaclip with metal sound

"Hmm... do want...
Make it use common/slick for q3 compat too "
sry idont understand this ...google translaor cant help me too -seriously

EDIT: Doesn't work Undecided
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

ah... ill test it thx Big Grin

surfaceparm slick has no effect in DarkPlaces.

With slippy floor, nexrun could live without the space bar.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

that would be funny! sliding around Big Grin <3
love the idea!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Yeah, me too! Could be really fun to fight on a slippery arena Big Grin

That would make possible things like pipes.

Player jump into a pipe, and he travels through it down to some other point of the map. Something like on the DarkZone map but 10 times longer and without a possibility to stand still inside! Would be fun!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo [SUGGESTION] DoF Shader rainerzufalldererste 6 7,224 05-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Last Post: master[mind]