Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow.

So I have a time off from the Nexuiz community and all because of personal reasons. And then I hear from morfar what has been happening. Kinda like a blow below the belt.

Oh well, I don't care much about what is going on, just that things do go on. Well, I don't know what will happen to either of the games, but I'll stick through this and see what happens.

Oh btw, I am 'ai'. I couldn't use that nick as it's 3 characters minimum. It's for the better though, I go around the Interwebs with the nick Seijiro more than ai. It's only in the Nexuiz community I am known as it, now that it's gone I suppose my nick is as well (finally! xD I wanted to get rid of it).

So, here I am again! I wish you guys luck with this project. Not that you need it I think.
[Image: duck.gif]
ai am ai.

Fix the avatar size limit please! I want my avatar gifs back! DISCRIMINATION!
Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

Welcome back Ai (har har)!
Yeah, it's a little surprising what has been happening around here, but this seemed like the best way out to ensure a deal like that doesn't happen again. Besides, it appears that the fork really has helped getting motivation for many up again, with lots of quality content being spit out all the time Smile. I'm hoping we can release within one month, and with the current speed it really seems like a possible thing to happen too.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Hey welcome back! Nice to have you on board here as well!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Cool, I hear stuff about new player models and animations. But I suppose that's a more long term goal?

Heh, thanks Halogene.

Ai . welcome back . i hope all is well with you .

ok time to get your hands dirty Smile we need you .
I have no signature . That is all .

(03-23-2010, 02:33 PM)Seijiro Wrote: Cool, I hear stuff about new player models and animations. But I suppose that's a more long term goal?

Heh, thanks Halogene.
Maybe animations yes, but playermodels sure aren't a very long term goal. All the Nexuiz playermodels are thrown out, and replaced by the awesome new playermodels in the initial release. Smile
I suppose they will still use the old crappy animations, since nobody really seems to have access to motion capture...
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

You don't need motion capture if it's me animating. ^_^ (just kidding)
But where did you guys get the player models from then and how many you got? They all got made in this short amount of time this project has been running? If so.. that's just too wicked. Nexuiz had so much trouble with that.

i do remember occasional throw-in's from modelers and also see new models on CTF servers when i connect.

Hey ai!

i caught a cold (or the cold caught me, lol) and then learned about the news, which was a real downer, at first. It was a horrible week; family/personal issues, sick, couldn't get out, no internet.... But it was long due, somehow and everybody learned something valuable (hopefully). I got myself internet now and the community saved Nexuiz - err, i mean Xonotic. Wink

Never known you, new to the Nexuiz community and all, but welcome back! Smile
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

Thank you Ang. I have a good feeling about you. xD Don't disappoint me. Lool.
Cheers mate!

@4m: Yeah been there, done that.
ai am ai.

Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

Welcome back, aI. The playermodels you're talking about have been released mostly on the nexuiz forum, but by and large ignored. Now, with a concentrated (for now) effort, people are rigging and animating models to replace the old models.

hi AI. I miss your amusing GIF's Wink
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Welcom back ai! Big Grin Really nice to see you're back!

* CuBe0wL makes great bear hug
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Oh my god no!! This is terrible! Maximum avatar size is 100x100! This means the DEATH of my funny gifs! I hope it can be changed in the future. This breaks my heart. Sad

It was one of the best things with the alienTRAP forum, much freedom in that regard.
ai am ai.

Yeah, the new forum isn't too popular, it seems.

(03-24-2010, 06:00 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Yeah, the new forum isn't too popular, it seems.
Really?

This new forum? Or are you talking about another new forum?

It more looks like this forum is thriving, with hundreds of replies every day and almost all the people from the old forums coming over. That sounds pretty popular to me...
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

funny gifs below 100x100 are possible. I'm sure htere are.

Yeah true, but they would be so small. Some gifs lose their funniness if you can't really see what's going on. I've made some gifs small before and it totally ruined the whole thing. Couldn't really see what went on, or read texts as well if there are some.

But.. I solved it for the time being having my gifs in the signature instead. -_^
ai am ai.

(03-24-2010, 07:40 PM)Vordreller Wrote:
(03-24-2010, 06:00 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Yeah, the new forum isn't too popular, it seems.
Really?

This new forum? Or are you talking about another new forum?

It more looks like this forum is thriving, with hundreds of replies every day and almost all the people from the old forums coming over. That sounds pretty popular to me...
By "popular", I mean I haven't heard anyone compliment the forum itself. It's generally admitted to be less than desired.

(03-23-2010, 05:28 PM)Seijiro Wrote: Thank you Ang. I have a good feeling about you. xD Don't disappoint me. Lool.
Cheers mate!

@4m: Yeah been there, done that.

Sir yes sir! Tongue
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

(03-25-2010, 05:53 PM)Roanoke Wrote: By "popular", I mean I haven't heard anyone compliment the forum itself. It's generally admitted to be less than desired.

WTF? Why should anyone post "oh i love this forum, its sooo full of information and helpful people" three days after it was started? It takes time to build that but in the long run the forum will be a place where to find basicly everything..
Real signature is still in production!

These forums just started... They're actually really active in my opinion. For just being open a couple of days and having hundreds of posts is pretty active. I don't understand why anyone would outright compliment a forum anyway. That just seems awkward. That's like saying "Wow, this chatroom is very nice. Lovely atmosphere."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wow, a lot of people playing this evening! rocknroll237 11 14,999 09-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo