Create an account

Poll: Like idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
100.00%
3 100.00%
No! (please post why)
0%
0 0%
I don't care!
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Customizable Xonotic

Star 
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Basically a very nice idea! But the work for that is too much for v1.0 in my mind. there are more important things to do now Wink
Which parts could there be to customize by the player?
Head
Body/torso
Arms
legs
(to have a basic overview, more parts would be a little confusing?!)

In my mind, we need loads of different player models, of every type!
So... I agree to the idea, but not for v1.0

yap! I agree with you! This is to much for version 1.0! whole xonotic is starting so there's much to change!
MY NOOB STATS:

this is partly already possible, there are models where only the head is different (ignis unmasked/halfmasked/masked)...

but i am against a fully customisable character, as this will lead to characters with reptilian legs, a suit, and orange punk hairs Big Grin

it's up to you how you create your character Big Grin
and orange punk hairs are quite nice, aren't they? Tongue
MY NOOB STATS:

A reptillian punk in a fancy suit, tie, sunglasses.... that would be pretty cool, i say. Or a chicken with one robot arm and a tentacle!
4m038105 - Be the change.

Would be quite difficult to implement, plus you would need to somehow make sure all components fit every other component.
Consistency above all.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

jaykay Wrote:but i am against a fully customisable character, as this will lead to characters with reptilian legs, a suit, and orange punk hairs

I agree that something along those lines (head, legs and torso style customisation) could make things look awkward, but I think it would be nice to be able to chose things like boots, armour, masking, base body model and face (perhaps even glasses/goggles and other such additions Smile).
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(07-20-2010, 11:19 AM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: A reptillian punk in a fancy suit, tie, sunglasses.... that would be pretty cool, i say. Or a chicken with one robot arm and a tentacle!
I also think the possibilities a system like this would open up would be pretty awesome. And some punky space frog in a penguin suit would certainly add to the game. But I figure it would mean a hell of a lot coding and designing. All player models would have to be redesigned, since they would need to be modular. What about the animations? They need to fit seamlessly into all of that. I think it's not really possible to implement this at least at the moment. Nice idea, though.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

...but...Xonotic without orange punk hairs is not as god as with them Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,556 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user