• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Idea: xonotic event calendar

I think we should have an event calendar for things like:

- map testing
- balance testing
- tournament matches
- PR days (make announcements)
- xonotic 101/tutorial sessions
- IRC get-togethers (or something like that)

Being that I wanted to be involved in "Community Management," I'd volunteer to keep such an event calendar up to date (people could PM me to add events, or maybe I just maintain the password and deal it out to those in need?). What we would need is a plugin or account to post the calendar, then have it listed on this site somewhere easily found.

Thoughts?

Background: this is coming about because I'm trying to get people to come test out Fruitie's new balance stuff at a certain time, but I really have no good way of making people aware of it (forum post would just get buried).
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Hmm, I agree with this...

There should be something like that on the main page, at least until we have integrated tourney/ladder etc systems in the main page (and maybe still show all these dates in the calendar?)
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

We should probably still show those tourneys on the calendar - unless the ladder has a publication (RSS) system like most event calendars do.

yap! good idea! we should have such a calender!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Good idea, community input is valuable.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

So -z-, how 'bout it? We'd need to talk about a calendar plugin for WP and an e-mail account (events@xonotic.org?). There is no way I can keep up w/ all the posts here as a source for events.

Maybe he didn't read this post! you can write a PM to him!
MY NOOB STATS:

Yeah, I know. I was just seeing if he's paying attention. I'll PM him today.

or shall I (or you) submit a ticket on dev.xonotic.org?
MY NOOB STATS:

did you PM him?
MY NOOB STATS:

What about making the calender available in game somehow to improve cooperation in the community? Steam has always had a stream of marketing about some other games that someone wants you to buy, thinly disguised as news. What about having a genuine community news stream available when the game starts up? An item like joining a tournament or a testing session for new physics/gameplay could then have a link in it to connect to the server that its running on.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Good idea - it'd let more people get involved Smile
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Hi all, will this work? I'm not sure if this was always was on here or not, but check it: http://forums.xonotic.org/calendar.php

Edit: don't know what's going on w/ the link, but you get get this through the NAV

-> xonotic.org -> hover over "forums" tab to get dropdown -> select calendar

404 Tongue
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Roanoke - updated my post with logical nav instructions. I don't know what's up with the link - works for me!

Looks as though the grid is a bit skewed; the gridlines for the day doesn't match up vertically with the dates below it.

Just started working.
Yes, the styling and markup are off.

Sounds like a good idea, but for this to work needs to be some kind of community news page/site where the majority of players could be linked/sent too, would need people to help keep the calender upto date and report when tournament's etc are happening.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Quote:be some kind of community news page/site where the majority of players could be linked/sent too, would need people to help keep the calender upto date and report when tournament's etc are happening.

I'm volunteering to do some of that stuff. BUT I think we need a working calendar first. Right now the styling is off and we don't have any integration other than the link provided. Ideally we'd want a quick summary of the upcoming events in a widget (the main site is wordpress after all) on the right or left sidebar.

Ideally this would work in the forum system. I will see what I can do and get back to you. At worst, we can do a Google calendar.

Sounds good. Let me know how I can help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is adding a Quake-like laser to the main game a good idea? cushinga 2 1,073 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [SUGGESTION] Hagar Idea VertX 4 4,256 01-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  [SUGGESTION] Rocket Launcher model idea Beagle 5 6,056 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] random hagar idea frostwyrm333 7 7,538 02-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: asyyy
Smile [SUGGESTION] Idea: Player-centric Xonotic lamefun 16 19,179 12-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Information [SUGGESTION] Idea: Forum cleanup? Samual 14 18,474 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Last Post: unfa
  [SUGGESTION] A vehicle Tank Idea aa 13 11,933 08-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: satuim
Exclamation [SUGGESTION] Idea: The Great Petitions lamefun 2 4,469 07-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Last Post: lamefun
  [SUGGESTION] Idea: Organize the qc gamecode as a script bundle, and auto-compile it at startup MirceaKitsune 9 10,420 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Samual
  [SUGGESTION] idea for the plot... if there is one. Wario 16 12,166 08-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: aa