Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any FFXIV Players around?

Hello! Me and my friend started Final Fantasy 14 a while ago. Pretty cool and fun MMORPG, also catering to fairly casual players like me. As an old WoW player, i'd say its a bit slower than WoW was, but really love the lore and dungeons so far Smile
So i was thinking, is here any other FFXIV players around on Xonotic scene? Me and my friend are quite new on this game and would like to invite any possible soul to do dungeons/leveling with us on EU server called Cerberus!
Or maybe you arenaFPS masterkingerkongers are too hardcore to play such a pitiful MMORPG? >Big Grin

I play several MMO's and have tried FFXIV, but sadly it's not my kind of MMO. 
(06-08-2017, 11:11 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Can you bunnyhop in it?

Nay, you kinda can in Guild Wars 2 though. Wink

(06-09-2017, 10:19 AM)Lyberta Wrote: MMORPGs are one of the worst genres of games. I don't think someone from Xonotic will play them.

while you may very well even be right in the core message, you disqualify your own opinion by displaying it in a habitual negative, disrespectful way. This way you rather come across like a troll that is blinded by ideology.

If what you wanted to convey is that in your opinion MMORPGs usually are tailored to exploit psychological mechanics that generate addiction for the sake of binding players to rather meaningless gameplay, then I agree.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

My policy is that if you can't bunnyhop/strafejump in it then it's an evil af game.

(06-09-2017, 06:48 PM)Lyberta Wrote: I'm too tired to try to be friendly.
Get some sleep then. Maybe when you wake up you'll notice the world actually isn't monochrome. 

Unfriendliness doesn't earn you respect here and will only lead to your points being ignored.
My Xonstats Profile

I don't play FFXIV and I don't play MMOs much anymore, but I can enjoy them when they're designed for social interaction and large scale challenges, whether its like an army of players up against a big boss, or economic. They're very soulless if they're designed around something like "click button to join group, go-in and go-out dungeons" and exploiting psychological tendencies.

Ah, damn shame! Hoped atleast one fellow would be found from the entire scene :Big Grin
No can do! just gotta play it with a small company then 8)

Smilecythe, you could buy a bunny outfit and jump in that game!  [HeHHeH]

Lyberta: Nice read! Even though, i'am one of the more corrupted-gamer in your books Smile

(06-10-2017, 07:09 AM)Lyberta Wrote: I've tried to kill myself several times and failed. I'm only alive because suicide is hard.

Have you tried the shredders in my new map Tuhma? You will not have time to feel pain, guaranteed instakill.

Maybe you're just clumsy.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(06-10-2017, 10:34 PM)Smilecythe Wrote:
(06-10-2017, 07:09 AM)Lyberta Wrote: I've tried to kill myself several times and failed. I'm only alive because suicide is hard.

Have you tried the shredders in my new map Tuhma? You will not have time to feel pain, guaranteed instakill.

I would suggest the following
Code:
bind k kill
No trace of the corpse and an unknown spontaneous way to die that doesn't even look painful.
Convenient and easy as a keystroke.
Just don't make a forum post about the alleged concentration of Toxicity and brainless goofies on my server, because there's only two versions of Toxicity on the maplist now and only one bot named Brainless Goofy. Don't dismiss it by its bot heritage and name either, as you may soon find that the only thing stopping it from winning a match, is itself.
Also stop reading news sites because Hitler was right in how the Lügenpresse is a thing.

Though having to blame myself as well, I must kindly ask everyone to stop derailing this thread any further.
My Xonstats Profile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This cheap ripoff will have 100 times as many players as Xonotic.... asyyy 15 18,596 02-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Xonotic players in Warsow. Finko 18 19,446 02-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Racoon
  Terraria players here? neXus 5 6,030 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Hero
  Fooling around with layering instruments Samual 4 4,283 10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  Anybody know of any good mods for Deus Ex? Lee_Stricklin 9 13,300 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  A Let's Players rig in ALSA/Pulse/Ubuntu Natty - how? Minkovsky 4 5,811 06-18-2011, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky
  Finally got around to uploading this... again. Liquid Sin 8 9,009 05-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste
  Does anybody have any recent experience with ATI on Linux? Lee_Stricklin 12 11,880 11-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Taiyo.uk