Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hookrace 1

Video 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dsT33t_S3I

Hookrace 1 is the result of a full month of defrag competition, performed all the way back in February and orchestrated by nimbleMinds in collaboration with EXE.PUB. The premise was to explore an entirely new and different take on defrag movement, allowing the grappling hook and rocket blasts to play to Xonotic's strengths. We dubbed the new mode "Hookrace", originally authored by Kougi, and I decided to make a video detailing my favorite runs from it. Enjoy!

Hookrace is available under 94.23.207.83:26007

Wow, very hypnotic! Love watching it Big Grin Even though its not a mod made for me at all, me being too slow and my brain did not comprehend all that happened on that clip Big Grin
I got mesmerized tho! =D u crazy fast fellas

Great video, Donald! Hypnotic indeed.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

That's a neat mod, are the physics XPM/CPM?

I don't see the rocket launcher in the video, is the weapon turned off for the recording, or is it off-hand?

Nicely edited.

(06-27-2017, 06:46 PM)-z- Wrote: That's a neat mod, are the physics XPM/CPM?

I don't see the rocket launcher in the video, is the weapon turned off for the recording, or is it off-hand?

Nicely edited.

The physics are actually default xon physics, if I remember correctly, and the shots are fired by the nex's secondary. The model is obviously turned off for recording.

Thank you, guys!  Big Grin

The music and the editing you did in this video really had a mesmerizing effect on me. Great video, also nice seeing how defrag works with a hook available.

Coming from a defrag POV here. I think that is a nice niche for minsta ctf guys to jump right into and feel right at home. Personally, i think this mode might just as well throw anything defrag related out of the window. Strafe , trick jumps, ramps, weps RIP. Kinda feels like it also caps the skill. Not a fan myself. 
Very nice video though. Good job

@dekrY, the name differentiate itself enough from defrag. It's not about basic movement, but hook techniques.

Both are too advanced for me, but I'm very happy to see the rich diversity here.