Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUG] Play randomly restarts while playing

During play, my character will restart like I have just entered the game.

e.g. I've been playing DM for the last 10min. and suddenly I'll disappear and restart (similar to when I'm killed, but instead) like I've just joined the game, and all of my stats/frags are back at zero.

If I'm playing CTF, it will say, "Space Ace is now on the Red/Blue team" like I've just joined the game.

Sometimes it will happen five times in one game.  Sometimes just once.  Other times not at all.

I tried different servers, but seems to be the same on each server.
I reinstalled the game.  I installed the autobuild version.  No difference.
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

That sounds like warmup.  Not every server has it but check if the servers you're seeing this on say "F4 to ready up" or something like that on your HUD.  If everyone readies up once the match has started, you can start the match again (and again, and again) but most won't do that.

On my server the warm-up time is 2 minutes in vanilla, and 10-20 minutes depending on game mode in XPM.
I tried making it as noticeable and blatant as possible i.e the server prints a message that there is a warm-up period per match start since people also don't notice they're not supposed to spawn with 100a and all weapons.

It's not warmup, because everyone else keeps playing and retains their points etc. and I say, 'what the hell happened?!' and they have no idea.  Besides, I've been playing for a long time and know the difference.
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

Is there anything suspicious in console? Try developer 1 to show additional info.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

Anybody else on Sierra? I wonder whether the OS changed something (including that you can't use your Fn keys)

Could be a change to the latest OS update, but it (and the the F-key problem) started happening after I updated Xonotic, not the OS.

I don't know what "developer 1" is.
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

Open console (SHIFT+ESC) and type "developer 1", it'll show additional info. Then you can use "condump <filename>" to save the output to a file in ~/.xonotic/data and upload it here so we can look for anything suspicious in the log.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

OK, I'll try that next time it happens.  Thanks.
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

Okay, it keeps happening. Really f*cking annoying. Really little point in playing when it keeps resetting mid-game.
I tried doing "developer 1" and that seemed to work.
edit:  found the file.  I had to use "which config.cfg" to find the location.
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

Okay, Okay, it got figured out, by Mario.  It was a mix up in the keybinding  And probably my own damned fault somehow!!!  Jeez.
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game is downloading something during play NoobKilla 3 2,580 07-17-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: NoobKilla
  [NEED HELP] Multiplayer server listed twice - causes glitchy play Space Ace 4 3,086 08-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Space Ace
  [NEED HELP] XUbuntu playing with drivers and now Xonotic doesn't start Bla1 9 6,010 05-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Bla1
  [BUG] Grappling hook breaks if no new key is pressed while it is midair (new since 8.2) reth 2 2,777 05-13-2017, 06:52 AM
Last Post: reth
  [NEED HELP] Help cant play IdekehBruh 1 2,044 05-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [SOLVED] I can only play 1 match, then Xonotic freezes. Brot 11 6,889 08-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Brot
  [FIXED] How do I pause game while having the console open? Beagle 8 6,401 05-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [NEED HELP] Mac OSX Crashing very often and randomly -MCSquare- 0 2,121 01-30-2016, 12:08 AM
Last Post: -MCSquare-
  [NEEDS INFO] Game crashes while loading - could not load texture "overkillbullet" |OSiRiS| 5 5,375 10-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] Can I disable "while in the midair press jump and jetpack is activated" zwz 2 3,774 04-21-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy