Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instacup v2

[Image: UNYDSfR.png]

Instacup - Instagib Duel Tournament
It's almost time for another round of Instacup - the premiere instagib dueling tournament.

The previous tournament was such a success, that we've decided on turning Instacup into a quarterly tournament, hopefully providing some life to the instagib duel scene.

Whether you consider yourself a duelist or not, there’s still a spot for you in his tournament. 
Having fun is the ultimate goal - don’t think it’s not worth joining if you don’t expect to win.
As there will likely be others at your skill level, you should have enjoyable experiences, and great matches by participating in the tournament.

Rules
  1. This is a two stage tournament. First stage is a group-based round robin,  top players from each group proceed to a single-elimination knockout stage.
  2. Prize fund will be awarded for top 4 players in the knockout stage
  3. Group stage games are bo3, knockout stage games are bo3. 3rd place game is bo5, grand final - bo7.
  4. You can automate map selection and switching by typing "/cointoss heads" or "/cointoss tails" in the in-game chat during warmup stage. Starting slash is mandatory. This isn't obligation though, you may use the old-school manual cointoss and map selection.
  5. The map selection ordering is drop-drop-pick-pick-drop-drop-drop-drop-drop-pick (you shouldn't care about it if you use the cointoss bot, cause it tracks the order automatically)
  6. Typefragging and idle fragging are allowed, if you need a pause type "timeout" in console. When you are ready to resume type "timein". You can bind it to some keys for your convenience. You may take two timeouts per game.
  7. Report game results to kougi or Morosophos in Discord, IRC or Challonge PM.
  8. Save demos.

When?
Friday 19th of January. 20:00 CET
We expect phase 1 of the tournament to take, at most, 2 weeks. This should give the groups more than enough time to face eachother.
This is all subject to change as we start the tournament, and have a better idea of how many participants there are.

Due to the number of players who signed up for the previous tournament, and didn't show up, we expect players to check in a day early by letting us know that they'll 100% be attending their matches.
Players who don't turn up for the tournament, without notifying us, will be removed so that we're able to reorganise and seed the matches without delay.

Where?
Signup here > 

Once again we'll be managing the tournament through Challonge, as it does a great job.

Maps?
  • Aerowalk
  • Asylum
  • Azalea
  • Bloodrun_a3 (Due to the _ql version's scale being too large)
  • Farewell_laserfun
  • Finalrage
  • Fuse
  • Quark
  • Stormkeep
  • Warfare
  • Xoylent
Grab them from xonotic.co for practice.

[Image: vigJvy0b.jpg][Image: b6yCEe6b.jpg][Image: 34r97pib.jpg][Image: oHULAXJb.jpg][Image: zRAXtAJb.jpg][Image: eP2Y8Hkb.jpg]
[Image: PxJUG09b.jpg][Image: Mqsy8Q4b.jpg][Image: qTpUDsPb.jpg][Image: z2WgbPgb.jpg][Image: xRbhXlRb.jpg]

Donations:
We'll be opening up donations for the prize pool. Mirio will be handling the donations. Contact him via Forums, IRC or Discord to donate to the pool.
I'll start it off with €35.

35 EUR [Image: 120.gif] kougi
20 EUR by [Image: 97.gif] kwakkie
25 EUR by Anonymous
7,77 EUR by [Image: 55.gif] Starcom
3,46 EUR by [Image: 55.gif] Mirio
13,37 EUR by [Image: 139.gif] -z-

Sum: 105 EUR

The prize will be split between the winners, the exact amounts/ratios still to be decided. This thread will be updated closer to the tournament.

Streaming
This time around, I fortunately will have actual broadband, so I'll be able to stream matches to Twitch, or upload demos to YouTube as the tournament progresses.

Admins: .exe members and volunteers.

Come and join our community at #clanexe on Quakenet, IRC.
Discord: Join us here

Happy Fragging!

Find out more on Challonge

Participants (21):

[Image: 52.gif] abc
[Image: 52.gif] BOB5768
[Image: 117.gif] Ch4mp
[Image: 97.gif] cobra
[Image: 112.gif] dr. Equivalent
[Image: 55.gif] Islinn
[Image: 65.gif] JohnnyD
[Image: 120.gif] kougi
[Image: 97.gif] kwakkie
[Image: 64.gif] Lightbringer
[Image: 55.gif] Minusacht
[Image: 55.gif] Mirio
[Image: 137.gif] Morosophos
[Image: 7.gif] Off_BeatCrab
[Image: 55.gif] packer
[Image: 97.gif] pillow
[Image: 107.gif] proraide
[Image: 139.gif] SealBeater
[Image: 55.gif] sinety
[Image: 52.gif] SpiKe
[Image: 123.gif] Visse
[signature.png]

Signed up. Hope i have internet then. Im moving house.
I will pop in my 20 euro for prize money which is with Mirio (if he did not get pizza or beer from it).

Cheers kwakkie
[Image: 39855.png]

Of course I still have them. Wink

Probably in!

(12-17-2017, 03:17 PM)kwakkiezalf Wrote: Signed up. Hope i have internet then. Im moving house.
Kougi has proved that it's possible to play on mobile connection Smile

I signed up. Let's see if I can make it this time.

After I missed the first one I gotta play this time. I'm in.
LoverTaleb

I should be available, I signed up!

(12-18-2017, 05:34 AM)N1mbus Wrote: After I missed the first one I gotta play this time. I'm in.

Nice. Can you please sign up on the challonge tournament page?

(12-18-2017, 05:34 AM)N1mbus Wrote: After I missed the first one I gotta play this time. I'm in.

$$$
[Image: 9214.png]

I've received 25 EUR for this tournament by an anonymous donator! Thanks a lot!

When deadline for signing in? too lazy to browse it all... 

farewell laserfun might be a fun map, but it lacks strategical aspects and benefits luck thanks to its open design. totally unsuitable for a tournament.

and where the hell is dade12 in the maplist??? [Image: aflagsforworship-co-uk_jo_pic_images_non...-gif.47825]

monkey monkey monkey

(01-06-2018, 03:29 PM)Starcom Wrote: When deadline for signing in? too lazy to browse it all... 

farewell laserfun might be a fun map, but it lacks strategical aspects and benefits luck thanks to its open design. totally unsuitable for a tournament.

and where the hell is dade12 in the maplist??? [Image: aflagsforworship-co-uk_jo_pic_images_non...-gif.47825]

Deadline is on Jan 19th 20 CET. On that time we will have to sort people into groups and no additional participants can be allowed.

Some people do like farewell, and it's interesting to have different kinds of maps in the map pool. There are enough closed strategical maps like bloodrun, quark and fuse.

dade12 can be fun, but we can't stretch the pool too much, otherwise the map selection procedure would take too much time.

i know, but adding dade 12 wouldnt make the big difference...dont be so stubborn, be water my friend.
monkey monkey monkey

(01-07-2018, 11:34 AM)Starcom Wrote: i know, but adding dade 12 wouldnt make the big difference...dont be so stubborn, be water my friend.

Are you going to participate, btw?

maybe, i wrote a pm to that donation guy, no reply yet. I want to add something to the pricepool but i cant, lol. Just make the donation adress public, and fine. 
and for dade 12...kougi himself said he regrets that he didnt put it in the map-pool the first tournament, and now its still not there.
monkey monkey monkey

Mirio says that he sent a reply to you, can you check your forum inbox again?
I'm still thinking about dade12, we already have enough closed maps (warfare, quark, bloodrun, fuse). I want to keep the mappool balanced, so both snipers and tacticians can play on their favourite maps. Right now the balance is more towards "tactical" maps already. Another reason for doubt is that vanilla players don't know dade12 and this will be a disadvantage for them (besides an unusual mod).

yo!
I'd like to sign in! I'll normally be able to play it with those rules.
Just, you got dropped in a group then you have to meet players by yourself, did I get it?

(01-08-2018, 02:29 PM)Storm Wrote: yo!
I'd like to sign in! I'll normally be able to play it with those rules.
Just, you got dropped in a group then you have to meet players by yourself, did I get it?

For the group phase, that's close enough, there will be groups of ~5, these will be decided closer to the starting date. 
We'll try to balance the groups so that they're as fair as we can make them.

We'll be giving basic time slots for the group stage matches so that players know when their matches are.
If opponents want to agree to play at a specific time, then they can do that - however, they have to play their match before the next round, to avoid situations where other players are stuck waiting for them, as happened in the first instacup.

Hope to see you there.
[signature.png]

Sure, that's fine to me, I did sign in in challonge already as _abc

(01-09-2018, 03:37 AM)Storm Wrote: Sure, that's fine to me, I did sign in in challonge already as _abc

Welcome.

Heart

[Image: 55.gif] Starcom donated 7,77 EUR! Thanks a lot!

Welcome pillow, thanks starcom.

kougi Wrote:Can tournament participants check-in to confirm their spots?
We'll then be able to sort out the brackets, which means you'll know who your opponents are.

Remember that the tournament will be played over a period of about a week, so even if you won't be available on the Friday, you'll still be able to organise to play your matches at a time which suits you.

However, 20:00 CET will be our official time for meeting up each night for players who haven't organised a time with their opponents - this way players should have no difficulty starting their matches.

You can check-in via the Challonge page, which opens today at 20:00 CET.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for another Instacup? DEFENSE^^ 1 2,410 09-19-2022, 03:21 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Autumn Instacup (#4) morosophos 11 7,589 12-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Starcom
  Instacup #3 morosophos 36 17,445 05-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: morosophos
  Duel Instacup (1v1 Instagib tournament) kougi 18 11,874 10-31-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf