XQC #84 (Duel)

Just a Cup with the most recent released maps. Smile

Quick facts:
- 1v1 Duel (XPM)
- Servers: WTWRP, pacman, FPS
- Timelimit 10, no fraglimit
- Modus: Double Elimination
- Mappool: Bmn1, Graphite, Phrantic, Silent Seas, Tuhma
- Date/time: Sunday, 7th January 2018 19:00 CET (1:00 PM EST; 5:00 AM AEDT) // https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
- Admins: Mirio
- Skill level: any

Just join #xonotic.cup ( https://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=xonotic.cup ) at the given date if you want to participate. No registration somewhere needed!

gl hf

[Image: duel.png]

Bo3?

(01-02-2018, 06:13 AM)morosophos Wrote: Bo3?

Winner Bracket Bo3, Loser Bracket Bo1 - probably

Are you not feeling well?
No aerowalk?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

1. Mirio
2. Solid
3. SpiKe

ggs!

http://challonge.com/xonqc84

ggs!

Final verdict:
Tuhma, Graphite, Phrantic : awesome
Silent Seas: semi poop
Bmn1: very poop

Silent Seas - very well,
Bmn, Graphite - ok,
Tuhma, Phrantic - bad

ggs!

Panasonic is best.
JVC second.
and Sony is three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4iw8Ppo1o&t=3m0s

Anyone record any videos from the tournament? On any of the maps?

(01-08-2018, 03:57 PM)munyul Wrote: Anyone record any videos from the tournament? On any of the maps?

I have few demos, some mine, some spectators - http://xon.teichisma.info/xqc84/

@Morosophos, thanks for the demos. I've partially watched 4 of them now.

The first two (mvxdm05 & graphite) played fine. You had a good spell in the middle of playing on mvxdm05, but gave it away in the end, and in graphite, well that didn't start or end well for you Wink

I have also tried to watch the two tuhma demos, both of which cause my instance of Xonotic (0.8.2) to crash. The first demo crashes within 10 seconds and the second gets to the 6:09 mark in the game, then crashes - in both cases it looks like it crashes when the viewing player fires an electric weapon which then hits an object (wall) - the game freezes (with the sound stuck in an endless loop).

I'll now download the remaining two demos and see how they play...

ps. How much time did everyone have to "learn" the maps? I was a little surprised at how well you and SpiKe seemed to move around Silent Seas...

(01-09-2018, 03:25 PM)munyul Wrote: @Morosophos, thanks for the demos. I've partially watched 4 of them now.

The first two (mvxdm05 & graphite) played fine. You can a good spell in mvxdm05 in the middle, but gave it away in the end, and in graphite, well that didn't start or end well for you Wink

I have also tried to watch the two tuhma demos, both of which cause my instance of Xonotic to crash. The first crashes within 10 seconds and the second gets to the 6:09 mark in the game, then crashes - in both cases it looks like it crashes when the viewing player fires an electric weapon which then hits a object (wall) - freezes the game and seems to get stuck in an endless loop.

I'll now download the remaining two demos and see how they play...

ps. How much time did everyone have to "learn" the maps? I was a little surprised at how well you and SpiKe seemed to move around Silent Seas...

Perhaps because I'm using git and you use 0.8.2, or something like that. Anyway, here I rendered them for you https://youtu.be/QWuBIUx2qHE and https://youtu.be/1I7F5n3N0XQ

I'm the worst xonotic dueler around, so don't be too critical on me. :p

As for learning, graphite was by far the most popular map before the tournament, so people have learnt it really well. As for silent seas I spent like an hour playing against bots on it, and it paid off - my map knowledge allowed me to escape much shame against Spike, who didn't know the layout well enough.

I haven't spent any time learning tuhma, phrantic and bmn as I hoped that nobody would pick them :p

Let me know if the remaining demos play ok for you, I'll render them otherwise too.

(01-09-2018, 03:25 PM)munyul Wrote: when the viewing player fires an electric weapon which then hits a object (wall)

This sounds like the Arc (Lightning Gun style), which is a non-standard weapon. Which Xonotic version are you on? Maybe this is a more serious bug.

If folks could upload more demos, I'd appreciate it! I'd like to get some commentary coverage of the new maps to give people an idea of how they play.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

@morosophos, thanks for creating the youtube videos (I haven't had the time to view them yet).

The phrantic demo worked fine, however I was unable to download the map for bmn1 (the dropbox link didn't work for me).

Regarding your skills - from you're two demos, I think you'd beat me.

@Mirio, 0.8.2.

(01-10-2018, 04:12 PM)munyul Wrote: @morosophos, thanks for creating the youtube videos (I haven't had the time to view them yet).

The phrantic demo worked fine, however I was unable to download the map for bmn1 (the dropbox link didn't work for me).

Regarding your skills - from you're two demos, I think you'd beat me.

@Mirio, 0.8.2.

The best way to download the map is to connect to one of the european duel servers and vcall gotomap bmn there.

(01-10-2018, 02:11 PM)Antibody Wrote: If folks could upload more demos, I'd appreciate it! I'd like to get some commentary coverage of the new maps to give people an idea of how they play.

Ask and you shall receive (please don't actually cover any of them they're all terrible Sad ).

Attached Files
.zip   cup.zip (Size: 23.29 MB / Downloads: 8)

(01-10-2018, 04:12 PM)munyul Wrote: The phrantic demo worked fine

This is odd then, because it has the Arc as well.

This would've been an interesting cup to have on an NY server since bmn1 has been with our far west NA server for months, but these cups are always in Europe.

(01-12-2018, 12:17 AM)Antares* Wrote: This would've been an interesting cup to have on an NY server since bmn1 has been with our far west NA server for months, but these cups are always in Europe.

Well, you can organize a cup yourself, it's not too hard. I'd play.

@Solid, thanks for the demo's, I was very pleased to see how Silent Seas played - the down player always seemed to have a chance to get back into the game and almost all paths were used by both players.

On the subject of demos, is there a way to change the point of view in a demo? I'd like to be able to watch the demo from both players perspectives...

(01-14-2018, 06:16 AM)munyul Wrote: On the subject of demos, is there a way to change the point of view in a demo? I'd like to be able to watch the demo from both players perspectives...

I don't think it's possible, I guess it would require server-side demos.
I remember trying a "free camera view" on demos, but other players kept disappearing and reappearing.

Anyway, here are my 2 demos on Silent Seas:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8c0brefa6a5xm...9.dem?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ly9vqjhef616un...9.dem?dl=1

Good map btw! Smile

(01-14-2018, 07:23 AM)SpiKe Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 06:16 AM)munyul Wrote: On the subject of demos, is there a way to change the point of view in a demo? I'd like to be able to watch the demo from both players perspectives...

I don't think it's possible, I guess it would require server-side demos.
I remember trying a "free camera view" on demos, but other players kept disappearing and reappearing.

Wallhack protection I think.

The engine only records your view when playing.
[Image: 38443.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb XQC #95 (2v2 CTF/Insta+Hook) InstaJack 15 8,191 04-29-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Sl@va
  XQC #94. League-based vanilla TDM SEEK-fried 14 6,850 03-15-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: morosophos
  XQC #93 (Duel) morosophos 7 4,190 10-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  XQC #92. League-based vanilla DM morosophos 7 4,048 10-12-2019, 03:50 PM
  XQC #91 (CTS) Mirio 2 3,211 04-19-2019, 03:54 PM
  XQC #90. InstaGib FFA (1v1v1v1 DM) Championship! morosophos 22 13,644 03-17-2019, 02:35 AM
  XQC #89 (4v4 TDM/Draft) Mirio 12 7,182 02-05-2019, 02:32 PM
  XQC #88 (Duel) ccCam 7 7,826 10-29-2018, 02:51 PM
Last Post: ccCam
  XQC #87 (2v2 TDM) ccCam 11 10,928 05-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: ccCam
  XQC #86 (2v2 CTF/Insta+Hook) Sl@va 25 13,714 05-05-2018, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Sl@va