Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godlike bots are to easy

I can go 50/7 against a godlike bot, they pale in comparison to unreal's godlike bots.

It depends on the map, though. In some map, it's very easy for one to get to an advantageous  position that can easily kill the bot.

Symbol, any chance you're using 0.8.2? There have been massive improvements to bot code, hopefully, they'll make it to 0.8.3: waypoints and AI. I think some more changes are already merged, bots time items on servers running recent git (packer's WTWRP Deathmatch and TDM/CTF).

That being said, bots will probably never be as strong as a competent player. They can have an advantage in mechanical execution but a smart player will always beat them. Xon's movement doesn't help because navigation using blasterjumps is too complex to handle right now, especially given our language is QuakeC.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

(01-06-2018, 10:25 AM)martin-t Wrote: Symbol, any chance you're using 0.8.2? There have been massive improvements to bot code, hopefully, they'll make it to 0.8.3: waypoints and AI. I think some more changes are already merged, bots time items on servers running recent git (packer's WTWRP Deathmatch and TDM/CTF).

That being said, bots will probably never be as strong as a competent player. They can have an advantage in mechanical execution but a smart player will always beat them. Xon's movement doesn't help because navigation using blasterjumps is too complex to handle right now, especially given our language is QuakeC.
Yes I am using 0.8.2, my point is the bots on godlike are not in the same realm of difficulty as those in unreal tournament

(01-05-2018, 10:04 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: It depends on the map, though. In some map, it's very easy for one to get to an advantageous  position that can easily kill the bot.

In general the bots seem to have poorer accuracy and movement than those in unreal.

(01-06-2018, 05:04 PM)Symbol Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 10:04 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: It depends on the map, though. In some map, it's very easy for one to get to an advantageous  position that can easily kill the bot.

In general the bots seem to have poorer accuracy and movement than those in unreal.

Their accuracy's fine, but in some situations they don't shoot when they have. Like I noticed when a bot goes to pick up a mega, he will never shoot you before he picks it and you can kill him like a duck. Also they never spam rockets/mortar/electro, which is very effective on some maps. They also struggle with movement - no strafing, no cj, no trickjumps and weapon movement. (although I saw bots using blaster on  git servers). Hope that this will be improved, good luck to xon devs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 vs 10 godlike bots drummyfish 6 3,323 07-15-2020, 02:37 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
Wink New Year Fireworks: 256 bots on Final Rage drummyfish 3 2,962 01-10-2020, 04:36 PM
Last Post: drummyfish
  bots slower but not you? howto jacob 3 4,485 09-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Last Post: BurningPi