Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Guess what? It doesn't suck and it runs glitch free under WINE 1.2 once figure out how the hell to install it (copy protection issue, I downloaded the client after registering my key), disable a dll, and put the shaders at medium (some things won't draw on high or ultra) or lower. I played through it and all though the ending (while not disappointing) could've been a little better, the story and the mission variety (not a whole lot of repetition here) made it a pretty good experience. Still haven't touched the multiplayer yet.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

already clocked single player? wow
playing on win 7, best modern strategy game I think. really has the the feel some of the classics give u.
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

I still have some alternate missions to do (the ones that I decided not to do in order to do another one) but other than that I completed quite a bit of the game in just the first two sessions of playing it. It seems to be one of those games that can be completed in a day or two, but by doing so you'd miss a hell of a lot. In my case though I was doing like 6 and 8 hour sessions so that would probably explain how I went through it so quickly. One thing's for sure, IT'S ADDICTING CRACK XD at the time of this writing I have my sleep schedule all messed up and wasn't able to sleep last night and as a result have gone over 30 hours without rest at the time of this writing lol. So be careful and if you find yourself saying stuff like "just one more mission" or similar, then TURN THE GAME OFF IMMEDIATELY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT. The last game that got me this hooked was Morrowind (I accidentally played this for 30 hours straight while jacked up on energy drinks lol) and before that Unreal Tournament 99 SiegeXXL. Grapple hook CTF in Nexuiz 2.4 was also extremely addicting, but fortunately it was so tiring that I found myself completely worn down and sweaty that I was taking naps after a few hours of play tops lol.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I played in the beta and had a ton of fun. Towards the end of the beta I started to get decent at the game and could hold my own against most players for a while. But as a result of having no money, I am without Starcraft 2. Sad I'm considering bumming a guest pass of someone so I can play single player in offline and save my 7 hours of playtime for games with friends. Once I get money, I'll have to be careful and limit myself, otherwise grades might suffer. Big Grin

Multiplayer can be very intimidating at first, but once you start to figure a few things out (keyboard/standard build orders/macro) it's very rewarding. Playing 2s, 3s, and 4s can be a good intro to the multiplayer side since you have teammates to help you out.

I confirm the game runs pretty well under wine...
In fact that's one of the reasons I'm so absent actually...
This game is great!

(08-02-2010, 01:08 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: One thing's for sure, IT'S ADDICTING CRACK XD at the time of this writing I have my sleep schedule all messed up and wasn't able to sleep last night and as a result have gone over 30 hours without rest at the time of this writing lol. So be careful and if you find yourself saying stuff like "just one more mission" or similar, then TURN THE GAME OFF IMMEDIATELY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Thats about it... there's "real" life also...
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...