Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server

Hello, everyone!

I run a TF2 server on a remote server running Ubuntu 14.04. I'm trying to set up a Xonotic server and everything seems simple enough. I managed to download the game and move the server.cfg to the correct folder.

The problem is, whenever I launch my Xonotic server, it crashes my TF2 server and I want to have both running at the same time. How can I solve this?

Thanks!

Do you have any logs from the TF2 server when it crashes? That might help isolate the cause.

Other simple things to eliminate:
  1. Use of the same port numbers?
  2. Check the free memory when TF2 is loaded only, when Xonotic is loaded only and when neither is loaded (just use 'free' from the cli). It's possible you might not have enough free memory on the remote server?
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

(02-20-2018, 06:35 PM)cefiar Wrote: Do you have any logs from the TF2 server when it crashes? That might help isolate the cause.

Other simple things to eliminate:
  1. Use of the same port numbers?
  2. Check the free memory when TF2 is loaded only, when Xonotic is loaded only and when neither is loaded (just use 'free' from the cli). It's possible you might not have enough free memory on the remote server?

Just checked, the problem is memory Sad
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm new to this game and so far I must say the community is great! So many nice people. I wish I knew about Xonotic earlier Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,755 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,050 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Server crashes: Removing spikes is forbidden (crylink bug) evit 2 3,754 02-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Last Post: evit
  Server Crashes q3shafe 1 2,856 12-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Last Post: nilyt