Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] No stat ID despite setting checkmarks

Hi,

I wanted to check my stats on http://stats.xonotic.org/players today but can't find my profile there.

I can find games I participated in and they do show my nick (it was first 'Bloodthorn' and later '^x901Blood^x040thorn', so the same but with colors) but I can't actually click on my nick and I've even ran a scripted search on the site to find myself in the list but I don't show up as registered there, apparently. The search function on the site only shows games I've participated in, not my profile.

I've checked both boxes in the 'Statistics' subsection of the 'Profile' section of the 'Multiplayer' tab in the game so I don't know how I should proceed to get the game to create a profile on the site. It may be possible that I unchecked those boxes at some point in the past but now they are definitely both checked.

Thanks in advance for your help.

(05-15-2018, 03:04 PM)Bloodthorn Wrote: Hi,

I wanted to check my stats on http://stats.xonotic.org/players today but can't find my profile there.

I can find games I participated in and they do show my nick (it was first 'Bloodthorn' and later '^x901Blood^x040thorn', so the same but with colors) but I can't actually click on my nick and I've even ran a scripted search on the site to find myself in the list but I don't show up as registered there, apparently. The search function on the site only shows games I've participated in, not my profile.

This means you enabled name tracking but not stats tracking.

There's like 4 states for those checkboxes.

both unchecked = unprofiled anonymous player
both checked = named profile
stats tracking checked, but name isn't = anonymous profile
stats tracking unchecked, but name is checked = unprofiled name

You only need to check to enable stats tracking to get a profile, but if you're already connected to a server, the changes don't take effect until the next match. You may have tried to enable stats tracking during a match.

Thanks for your reply.
I have completed many matches with both checkmarks checked (both stat and name tracking) and still don't have a profile. I tried unchecking and rechecking them and then played two matches but still I have no profile.
Any advice on how to proceed?

Edit: What I did was to
 1. start the game without connecting to a server
 2. uncheck both checkmarks and click apply
 3. check both checkmarks and click apply
 4. connect to a server and play a match
 5. connect to a different server and play a another match
 6. disconnect from server
 7. check stats: I see the match and my name in the list but still I don't have a profile

Edit2: my system:
I use Fedora 27 and had initially installed Xonotic from a standalone package but then quickly switched to the version distributed in the standard fedora repositories many months ago. I don't use any firewalling.

Check the xonotic folder in your user directory for a file called something like "key_0.d0si". This key is needed for XonStats, eventually it is borked for whatever reason. Try deleting the file and launch Xonotic and it will generate a new key.
Then play a match again.

Also make sure that the server you're playing on actually tracks stats: This is shown by the 3 bars-icon on the left of the server name

If I remember correctly the game as distributed by Fedora lacks crypto (d0_blind_id) support.
Start the game and check if the command crypto_keys is available. (Access the console via "Shift+Esc".)

Thanks for your replies.

When I type "crypto_keys" or "/crypto_keys" in the console it says "Unknown command [x]" where x is what I entered.
I also tried deleting the key files in the ".xonotic" directory in my user directory and then started up the game again and even played a match and the keys were not regenerated; so I tried uninstalling Xonotic, deleting the .xonotic folder, reinstalling again, choosing the tracking option and playing another match and still no keys. The weird thing is that they were generated at some point in the last months, though, since they existed until I deleted them today (I still have a copy of the keys btw.).

So maybe it's the lacking crypto support? What package do I need to install for that?

Edit: I tried launching Xonotic-sdl from a terminal and played a match that way and it didn't throw any specific error messages other than some resource related errors like being unable to load some textures and sounds (that didn't create any problems ingame, though).

Edit2: I suppose the keys may have been generated when I installed Xonotic for the first time from some non-fedora package, but I don't remember now where I found that one...can you recommend some Xonotic package to me that would have the crypto libraries?

The official download has them. You won't get automatic updates but new releases aren't very common anyway.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

Thank you, that solved it!
I have downloaded the official version from the website and the game has now created a profile for me.

I have both boxes checked yet the stats server says I haven't played in 9 months! But I played last week, and I just played a couple hours ago! :Sad
Anybody know?
Somebody on IRC said not all servers have stats enabled so maybe I'm just using the wrong servers. I always just go on a non-empty server with a good ping (I'm in Silicon Valley (live here and grew up here), so you won't often see me on European servers).

(09-29-2018, 10:46 PM)neutrino78x Wrote: I have both boxes checked yet the stats server says I haven't played in 9 months! But I played last week, and I just played a couple hours ago! :Sad
Anybody know?
Somebody on IRC said not all servers have stats enabled so maybe I'm just using the wrong servers. I always just go on a non-empty server with a good ping (I'm in Silicon Valley (live here and grew up here), so you won't often see me on European servers).

@neutrino78x, why don't you go to the stats page and click on the servers that you know have stats turned on. Smile Also, you need to play against other human players in order for the stats to register.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BUG] Setting Waypoints on 2D Maps mrhip 0 418 10-18-2023, 04:31 PM
Last Post: mrhip
  Why ClanArena ends after round 6 despite server setting to infinite? zwz 2 1,889 08-11-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: zwz
  [NEED HELP] Trouble with setting up a non-local private server spaceenfix 3 3,531 03-22-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [NEED HELP] Setting rsync autobuild to "Xonotic-High" Danfun64 1 1,297 10-05-2022, 01:23 AM
Last Post: irisxerno
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic on RaspPI - Setting up fonts gilius 5 3,395 04-09-2021, 11:22 PM
Last Post: gilius
  [NEED HELP] setting up server with custom maps le Bork 2 2,961 01-31-2019, 01:06 PM
Last Post: morosophos
  [NEED HELP] Setting up Xonotic on my school shared directory Bla1 11 6,725 03-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] Help with setting for campaign (or whatever that is) forseti 14 11,699 02-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo