Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetRadiant Spawn points help.

Okay, So whenever i build maps and compile them they appear as last man standing. And i want them to compile as teamdeathmatch. What do i use?? There is info_player_team1-4 and info_player_deathmatch.  But they dont show as tdm and dm. Any help is much appreciated.

Afaik you need to add stuff like that into .mapinfo file and pack it inside maps folder. For reference, this is what I wrote for my map:
Quote:title Tuhma
description Perfect place for naughty adults to settle their grudges
author Smilecythe
cdtrack 15
has weapons
gametype dm
gametype lms
gametype ka
gametype tdm
gametype ca
gametype kh
gametype ft

You want to use info_player_deathmatch, the other ones are team specific, which his basically only used for CTF.

The mapinfo is a txt file renamed to .mapinfo
All the modes listed above in the example will work with info_player_deathmatch.

Thanks you, Smilecythe, It worked. As for the other should I only use info_player_deathmatch then?? Cause in game the bots spawn in each others team base So idk.

info_player_team entities are only used by that team, so if you have bases you put these. I don't know which stands for which team, but they are colored in NetRadiant if you place them.

They are. But whenever i make a regular test map 2v2 red vs blue its like deathmatch. In a tdm game mode. I dont want the players and bots to spawn in each others base.

Try g_tdm_team_spawns 1. Team spawns are ignored by default apparantly.

Okay, That worked. But my jump pads are shooting me to the side instead of in the air. What do i do??

Jump pad brush pushes you towards whichever target entity that you appointed the jump pad brush to, you might have some accidental target "to the side".

(06-03-2018, 03:57 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Jump pad brush pushes you towards whichever target entity that you appointed the jump pad brush to, you might have some accidental target "to the side".

There was only one in the map for a test try. Do idk. When i did a map woth more they all pushed to the side. They didnt even go up. They just shot me into the wall.

(06-03-2018, 08:05 PM)TapX Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 03:57 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Jump pad brush pushes you towards whichever target entity that you appointed the jump pad brush to, you might have some accidental target "to the side".

There was only one in the map for a test try. Do idk. When i did a map woth more they all pushed to the side. They didnt even go up. They just shot me into the wall.

There might then be issue with the shape or position of the jump pad brush. The ideal is that only the bottom part of your hitbox hits the brush. If your head can touch it when you walk to it, that might cause some issues. If this doesn't work, I would try making it from scrap while taking reference from a tutorial: https://youtu.be/TwyleBOH7W8?t=17m29s

EDIT: Also, lastly make sure that every face on your jump pad brush is a "trigger".

(06-04-2018, 07:38 AM)Smilecythe Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 08:05 PM)TapX Wrote:

There might then be issue with the shape or position of the jump pad brush. The ideal is that only the bottom part of your hitbox hits the brush. If your head can touch it when you walk to it, that might cause some issues. If this doesn't work, I would try making it from scrap while taking reference from a tutorial: https://youtu.be/TwyleBOH7W8?t=17m29s

EDIT: Also, lastly make sure that every face on your jump pad brush is a "trigger".

Okay, ill try it. However i have to wait for my map to vompile which eill take about 5-8 hours, since its a weak computer. But I also have a question about metal textures. Are they supposed to be very reflective like making it impossible to see when i add light??

(06-04-2018, 12:26 PM)TapX Wrote: But I also have a question about metal textures. Are they supposed to be very reflective like making it impossible to see when i add light??
It depends on how much value you put into the light. I rarely use more than 20.

For testing you can also use one of the "Test" options for compiling, which will be much faster.

(06-04-2018, 02:08 PM)Mirio Wrote: For testing you can also use one of the "Test" options for compiling, which will be much faster.

Yea, ill do that next time. Its been 12 hours and its still doing PassagePortalFlow now its on 7 and its moving like 1 dot per hour. @_@

Incredibly long vis means, that you got to use detail brushes, or your map is super big and wants blocksize beed adjusted
Well defined vis takes seconds even for very complex maps
PS: netradiant's q3map2 feature to use max possible visdata is good to have, but makes really easy to shoot own feet for noobs (i have seen countless number of ones, doing so)

(06-06-2018, 02:03 AM)Garux Wrote: Incredibly long vis means, that you got to use detail brushes, or your map is super big and wants blocksize beed adjusted
Well defined vis takes seconds even for very complex maps
PS: netradiant's q3map2 feature to use max possible visdata is good to have, but makes really easy to shoot own feet for noobs (i have seen countless number of ones, doing so)

Okay, Well how do I make detail brushes. And what is a detail brush vs regular??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow NetRadiant-custom Garux 25 12,147 03-06-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: anoob
  Updated Xonotic gamepacks for NetRadiant and NetRadiant-custom SpiKe 2 1,778 06-25-2023, 06:02 PM
  [NEED HELP] Need modelling help. _para 3 1,074 03-17-2023, 02:34 AM
  [NEED HELP] No Spawn Point In NetRadiant Map daspeller 0 21,453 10-19-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: daspeller
  need modeling help MusicGoat 5 2,953 08-23-2022, 08:34 AM
Last Post: NoClue
Information Updated NetRadiant builds illwieckz 7 7,762 06-29-2022, 02:33 AM
Last Post: illwieckz
  Can't get netradiant to work with Xonotic NoClue 2 2,372 06-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Custom NetRadiant Textures / Textures Not Loading 3agle427 3 3,903 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: HIBANEZ
  Help, how I create a new texture for mapping? derrant 9 4,831 09-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [SOLVED] TDM spawn points not working Nyx 2 1,527 08-07-2021, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Nyx