Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DM]encore-b2

Update2:
more details and mapinfo file
Screenshot: [Image: gx0dt6vgaxcnydikh8e_thumb.jpg][Image: 4xi22b02v2yw9faqx2qy_thumb.jpg] 
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbnjsm2a9v9awg...2.pk3?dl=0

UPDATE:
[Image: tyaz501ad7w3g0qw1o06_thumb.jpg]
The layout should be in a good state now and some more stuff is textured.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvoh3spt0qy3t6...1.pk3?dl=0

Play it!!!

Here is my latest try on making a map. The map doesnt have a name.

The only textured part. 
[Image: ck915ygzho038axnn43d_thumb.jpg]

Any suggestions/ Feedback?

DL-Link:
-

(i dont think its in a state to put it on public server)
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I like the concept so far, just  make it easier to navigate from the bottom to the top (without the need of laserjumping).  :)

I have not tried this map with bots or real players, so I can't say too much about how the layout is in actual matches, but I think it could play nicely.

There are a few little things I dislike:
  1. If you laserjump on the upper level, you can easily hit your head on the skybox
  2. The walkway near the teleporter looks weird without any kind of support
  3. There is only one way to the upper level without lasterjumping
  4. A wall near the vortex has some caulked faces
  5. Vortex, crylink and ammo are all in one room that also has health and armor, the upper level of this room might be a good place for camping
I think this might become a popular map

Friendly reminder that the blaster is in fact a starting weapon in xonotic and you don't need to pickup a rocket launcher to perform weapon assisted movement =)

I already told you some stuff a while ago on IRC, but I'll take another look at it tonight.

EDIT: After having another look at it, most of the stuff I said about the previous version still applies.
  • I wish there would be a way to trickjump from mortar to MH (you said there will be one but I'm still bringing it up because reasons :] )
  • To please all those people who don't want to press "slot1" and then "+attack1" maybe make the cj from Deva onto that little ledge easier (it's possible right now but kinda hard)
  • I like this new MH design
  • I still wish there would there would be some ammo shards in the tunnel from MH to MA
  • I still wish there would be a quad in the middle of the already textured area
  • Speaking of that tunnel, there is some sort of ledge there that's kinda annoying when trying to jump up
  • The mortar room feels a bit disconnected from the map, you don't really need to go through there to get to MA/MH/Vortex/Devastator
That's all I could think of for now. I would love to playtest it in ffa (and maybe even duel) to see how it actually plays.

Oh boy, Ronan ist still alive.
Link in the first post is updated.
(06-02-2018, 01:22 PM)Ronan Wrote: I like the concept so far, just  make it easier to navigate from the bottom to the top (without the need of laserjumping).  Smile
Done.
(06-03-2018, 02:54 PM)Freddy Wrote:
  1. If you laserjump on the upper level, you can easily hit your head on the skybox
  2. The walkway near the teleporter looks weird without any kind of support
  3. There is only one way to the upper level without lasterjumping
  4. A wall near the vortex has some caulked faces
  5. Vortex, crylink and ammo are all in one room that also has health and armor, the upper level of this room might be a good place for camping

walkway near the teleporter will look different in the final version. The rest should be solved in the new version.

(06-04-2018, 04:01 AM)Solid Wrote: EDIT: After having another look at it, most of the stuff I said about the previous version still applies. 
I wish there would be a way to trickjump from mortar to MH (you said there will be one but I'm still bringing it up because reasons :] )
  • I still wish there would there would be some ammo shards in the tunnel from MH to MA
  • I still wish there would be a quad in the middle of the already textured area
  • Speaking of that tunnel, there is some sort of ledge there that's kinda annoying when trying to jump up
  • The mortar room feels a bit disconnected from the map, you don't really need to go through there to get to MA/MH/Vortex/Devastator
That's all I could think of for now. I would love to playtest it in ffa (and maybe even duel) to see how it actually plays.

Take a look at the updated version.

(06-04-2018, 04:01 AM)Solid Wrote: [*]To please all those people who don't want to press "slot1" and then "+attack1" maybe make the cj from Deva onto that little ledge easier (it's possible right now but kinda hard)
[*]

still need to work on that
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

BUMP!

First Post updated

The map is promising and author is responding to and taking into consideration feedback of the community. Layout is simple, not confusing, scale is properly executed and movement around the map brings joy (with small exceptions). Having that said I feel encouraged to give my opinion on the map since I know it will be read and perhaps some of it applied to the final version of the map. Here it goes!
  • Style: The distinction between areas has room for improvement: The mega armor room which is a lava and concrete themed and a few corridors which are very skillfully modeled in the rusty tech-rocky style (especially tele side of the rocket launcher room) can be the great indicator map is going in the right direction! The ideal thing will be when the map has each area in similar theme and yet each different then the other in terms of geometry, the color and idea. Room carved in rock is okey, then the other one is lava, then we move to the more tech. advanced area, perhaps one of the areas could have some foliage? Or a large whole in the wall overlooking amazing landscape? The color of the mega armor room is good idea but the textures don't quite fit the style of the rocket launcher room. The metal stairs design is very good. Some of the stairs (near the rl) have strange clipping but look fantastic. Currently there is no consistency in the style between rl area and mega armor room.
  • Ground pits: There are good idea in visual terms but a bad one in terms of gameplay, since the ground is not leveled and pits are sometimes tricky to get out from... Causing players to get stuck in the worst position or get bounced off a bump and thus making them easy targets. I would recommend small, neatly designed stairs on both sides of each pit (you did one in mortar room but its too much to trhe side and there is a rock in front of it which stops movement. I would reposition them so they are easier to use while moving debris and gravel to the side where it doesn't hinder players movement.) and leveling the ground with clipping brushes or perhaps adding metal grates above the ground which players can jump on.
  • Mega health area is a bit enclosed and hidden. The normal approach would be exposing it more and adding direct way out such as a teleporter nearby or very close to it leading to safety. What is up with the little window? Does it serve a role? What if the window was overlooking the mega armor room? Or at least its part? What about placing mega where rocket launcher currently is? Or maybe position mega on top of this weird suspended platform Freddy was writing about?! That would leave the corridors for some weapon like RL or NEX instead of mega but I still think they would need to be redesigned. - Perhaps merge them into entirely new room?
  • Layout: Just from jumping around the map I realized that I can literally jump "around" when skipping most areas. I think you should force players who want to just run in circles, while controlling mega and armor to choose a bit more complex route: Such route would differ in height (you already attempted it by adding stairs here and there but nothing major), change colors (lava room is already doing that), geometry, lighting,...it wouldn't bias any direction too (its easier too run counter clock wise looking from above at your map) There is also very long line of sight from white corridor near the mega armor room to the platform where electro is! Perhaps repositioning the mega would solve the rout taking in your map?
  • Gameplay - I have no idea how this map will play since I just played it offline. I suspect it will be fun for Duel when you finish it.
Its really encouraging seeing you develop Cortez. Good luck with your projects!

(07-04-2018, 06:51 AM)Justin Wrote:
  • Mega health area is a bit enclosed and hidden. The normal approach would be exposing it more and adding direct way out such as a teleporter nearby or very close to it leading to safety.....

Well, there are 2 options of "Risk and reward". One open and exposed, the other is the closed dead end deathtrap style. The mega is the last one. You can spam from 3 directions. Thats also the reason for the window. The idea where was, weapons uper level, health and armor lower level.

NEW Version 

- more details and mapinfo file

See first post

Wat exactly changed??

(08-01-2018, 02:35 AM)Justin Wrote: Wat exactly changed??

lighting ,textures and there is a mapinfo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM]encore Cortez666 6 2,991 05-09-2020, 05:08 PM
Last Post: illwieckz