Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waypoints Help

Okay so when I waypoint a map and I see it in the data maps folder <map>.waypoint.cache  but the bots are still stuck and wont move unles the get a pickup. What can I do to fix this?

You have to add waypoints using the waypoint editor.
Check e.g. https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=4861 for reference.

(07-11-2018, 04:06 AM)It\sMe Wrote: You have to add waypoints using the waypoint editor.
Check e.g. https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=4861 for reference.

Yea, I used that one already. And i Waypointed the map four map four times. And i see the map.waypoints.cache file, but whenever i spectate the bots hey still dont go anywhere or they stand on the pickups. So i have no idea on how to get it to work. 

Also do I change the waypoint.cache to a regular waypont file and if so how do i do it?

You use the console command g_waypointeditor_saveall to create the .waypoints file.

Edit: fixed command, as pointed out by It'sMe.
[Image: 230.png]

(07-13-2018, 01:47 AM)Mario Wrote: You use the console command g_waypointsprite_saveall to create the .waypoints file.

I tried the command four times, and all it says is unknown command so idk.

the correct command is g_waypointeditor_saveall

(07-13-2018, 12:59 PM)It\sMe Wrote: the correct command is g_waypointeditor_saveall

Yea, Thats the original one i used from the tutorial thread. And i get a waypoint.cache file. Then whdnever i reload the map the bots are still the same. So do i have to do something else??

In short:
1) Start your map: chmap afterslime
2) Use g_waypointeditor 1 to enter waypoint editing mode.
3) Run trough your map and spawn bot waypoints using g_waypointeditor_spawn
4) When your map is "full" of waypoints use g_waypointeditor_saveall to save the map.waypoints.cache and map.waypoints file.
Code:
]g_waypointeditor_saveall
saved 13 waypoint links to maps/afterslime.waypoints.cache
saved 3 waypoints to maps/afterslime.waypoints

The waypoints you manually spawned are indicated by those white balls:

[Image: M8vAyJj.jpg]

Ok assuming you did create them and saved them correctly... so when reopening the map and enabling the waypointeditor you should see the waypoints and connection from you to your nearest waypointss(probably).

First thing you could try is that ...g_waypointeditor_relinkall (something with _relinkall ... or try command: "search relinkall" and it will list it) command.

Next thing could be the logic the bots are following your waypoints with. They are not really smart but they will generally find their way.
So if their hp is low they could camp a healthpickup if theres no spawned elsewhere (each pickup(also jumppads and portals) generate their own waypoint).

Just create waypoints rather generously I'd suggest like when having a door at least one on each side or 2 on each side for the corners. At the start of a staircase and right when the staircase ends and your new point still sees the last point.

Also try not to spawn them midair(falling/jumping) it's a pain getting rid of them and bots won't care about them anyways.

Lastly maybe post a screenshot showing your waypoint layout.

(07-16-2018, 02:43 PM)_para Wrote: Ok assuming you did create them and saved them correctly... so when reopening the map and enabling the waypointeditor you should see the waypoints and connection from you to your nearest waypointss(probably).

First thing you could try is that ...g_waypointeditor_relinkall (something with _relinkall ... or try command: "search relinkall" and it will list it) command.

Next thing could be the logic the bots are following your waypoints with. They are not really smart but they will generally find their way.
So if their hp is low they could camp a healthpickup if theres no spawned elsewhere (each pickup(also jumppads and portals) generate their own waypoint).

Just create waypoints rather generously I'd suggest like when having a door at least one on each side or 2 on each side for the corners. At the start of a staircase and right when the staircase ends and your new point still sees the last point.

Also try not to spawn them midair(falling/jumping) it's a pain getting rid of them and bots won't care about them anyways.

Lastly maybe post a screenshot showing your waypoint layout.

Yes, Still doesn’t work. All it does is make a waypoints.cache. No waypoint file. And I have to waypoint the map every single time cause it doesn’t  show the ones I did I.

Does anyone know why nothing happens after I enter g_waypointeditor_saveall?? Ive looked at the Guide and I add them and yes they are all on the ground none in mid air, But I still cant generate a waypoint file. sometimes it doesn't even update the current waypoint.cache file.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Need modelling help. _para 3 1,093 03-17-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: anoob
  need modeling help MusicGoat 5 2,971 08-23-2022, 08:34 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  Help, how I create a new texture for mapping? derrant 9 4,860 09-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Bot waypoints tutorial Karamel 3 6,655 12-25-2020, 01:15 PM
Last Post: terencehill
  Bot Waypoints - tips and tricks? munyul 15 9,202 07-16-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Texture and Player Model Creation Help Molnija 5 4,974 09-30-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Gravity help Molnija 4 2,631 08-17-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Jump pad help. TapX 1 1,700 06-23-2018, 05:04 AM
Last Post: _para
  NetRadiant Spawn points help. TapX 18 9,021 06-06-2018, 11:54 AM