Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] hold the flag

In GoldenEye: Source there is this gametype where the objective is to pick up and hold a flag for as long as you can. You get a point for every five seconds or so that you hold the flag. I think this would be really fun in Xonotic.
Once you go -ck you never go back.
This signature is licensed under the BSD license. There is no need to relicense your brain once you have committed it to memory.

I like the game-type, but there are already soooo many game-types...
I hope this one will be supported Wink
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Sounds interesting, but again already so many game-types's that only a few need to be worked on first otherwise they will never get played, i'm sure someone could mod it though.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I had worked on something like this a while back and called it "Keep Away" and instead of a flag you hold a ball. The ball was a bit more interesting because it wasn't always stationary so it could be lasered around. There were also two types of ways to play. The first way is mentioned in the first post of this thread: hold the ball as long as possible and get rewarded based on how long its held. The other one was to get as many kills as possible while holding the ball. I had worked on this thinking of it as replacing runematch since it was never played. If enough people want this gametype, I can code it sometime in the future.

EDIT: Also there was going to be a Team Keep Away mode where you can pass the ball around amongst teammates using the nexball port-o-launch weapon.

What about that old 3 team ctf that I keep hearing about? It sounded pretty awesome.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Haha balancing 3 teams out would be a nightmare Tongue

Or make a mode like HOARD in descent where you get a orb after you kill a opponent, it counts as 1 point-there is a base where you return to to get the points. however if you kill another opponent w/out returning to the base its 2 points, then another its 4,then another its 8->16->32. So the longer you live and the more you kill the points skyrocket. But you have to return to the base to cash in the points.
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

(07-24-2010, 08:42 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: I had worked on this thinking of it as replacing runematch since it was never played.

The only reason I don't play runematch is because there's no servers out there with that on it Sad

Maybe you could make something quick and easy to type in console that would deactivate the powers and curses. That way it would be one gametype which would allow for those who don't like the abstract gameplay.

nowego4: I forgot to mention that you will have some powerups(server optional) if you are carrying the ball i.e. strength, shield, jetpack, speed, invisibility, etc.

(07-26-2010, 04:40 PM)nowego4 Wrote:
(07-24-2010, 08:42 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: I had worked on this thinking of it as replacing runematch since it was never played.

The only reason I don't play runematch is because there's no servers out there with that on it Sad

Same here. Also applies to key hunt.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Flag Carrier Roaming for Bots Antares* 3 3,161 07-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Display Flag Beagle 3 3,980 06-28-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Flag notification frostwyrm333 5 6,542 10-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Last Post: frostwyrm333
  [SUGGESTION] Change x86 march flag to "pentium3" edh 17 20,567 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Last Post: edh
  [SUGGESTION] Country flag next to user login on forums Majki 9 9,417 04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Last Post: unfa
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Time limit for flag carrier forseti 19 21,399 10-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Erusavion
  [SUGGESTION] Variations in CTF, like manual flag return Dokujisan 12 13,588 09-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Bundy