Create an account


Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Oh hai, im new. sort of

#1
and i need cazy mod ideas. bring it Big Grin
Reply

#2
Ditching QuakeC for better language? That would be fun.
Reply

#3
Ohai. How about a wall jump mutator. I just were on a server that had it and I thought it could be fun. Also I thought it could be a fun project to get myself into xonotic modding but on that end I have more ideas like:

-new movement mechanics:
--wall jump
--double jump(not that xdf definition but 2nd jump in mid-air)
--crouch sliding (dynamic fricton based on your speed when pressing crouch, as crouch has no real use ingame as its no cover based shooter and grenades damagee through walls anyways)
--maybe per surface gravity so you can walk on walls or having a sphere level ("surfaceparm grav" ...or something as shader-value)

-turret updates:
--enter turret like a vehicle and control it (should have a hud-element to indicate that youre supported by a fusion reactor etc.)
---should be toggle-able like having an ai when no one controls it, no ai at all, not controllable at all etc. best even via map-editor

vehicle updates:
-they should be affected trigger_impulse etc.

-devastator mutator:
--i want the redeemer from ut so bad lel

-a 'Play-Now' button that connects you to the best server like ranking them by some formular like, that accounts for ping and players
--under it you should be able to turn on and off the modes you wanna play, specify max ping, minimum players

-more fun stuff for mappers:
--counter, counter_increase, counter_decrease, constant, value_access_gate (like giving you the playercount on the server or in an area)
--compare gates
--func_enterable(a brush entity you can enter like a vehicle, needs a origin brush to place the player), should output what buttons the player presses, except the exit key
Always dreamed of having this in xonotic(better mute it):
[yt]https://youtu.be/CqlCNHwa04M?t=169[/yt]
Reply

#4
(11-10-2018, 05:31 PM)Lyberta Wrote: Ditching QuakeC for better language? That would be fun.
You call that a mod? As much as i would like to work on something like that projects on that scale is out of scope for em atm.

(11-11-2018, 09:56 AM)_para Wrote: Ohai. How about a wall jump mutator. I just were on a server that had it and I thought it could be fun. Also I thought it could be a fun project to get myself into xonotic modding but on that end I have more ideas like:

-new movement mechanics:
--wall jump
--double jump(not that xdf definition but 2nd jump in mid-air)
--crouch sliding (dynamic fricton based on your speed when pressing crouch, as crouch has no real use ingame as its no cover based shooter and grenades damagee through walls anyways)
--maybe per surface gravity so you can walk on walls or having a sphere level ("surfaceparm grav" ...or something as shader-value)
Wall, double and slide seems easy enougth; also sorta goes in line with some stuff i want to do with Overkill, will look into.
Local gravity is a whole other can of worms, at least if you expect to change the down angle (eg walk on walls). Unlikely.

Quote:-turret updates:
--enter turret like a vehicle and control it (should have a hud-element to indicate that youre supported by a fusion reactor etc.)
---should be toggle-able like having an ai when no one controls it, no ai at all, not controllable at all etc. best even via map-editor

vehicle updates:
-they should be affected trigger_impulse etc.
Player controlled turrets would be rather cool, and it is something i have thought abt in the past, however doing that right mean hooking them into the vehicle code and that code in turn was in a preddy bad state last i saw it which also addresses the vehicle point; that code needs some serious work; not the sort of light fun stuff im looking to do to get going again Wink

Quote:-devastator mutator:
--i want the redeemer from ut so bad lel
This should be fairly easy, at least to get a PoC going. I'll look into it.

Quote:-a 'Play-Now' button that connects you to the best server like ranking them by some formular like, that accounts for ping and players
--under it you should be able to turn on and off the modes you wanna play, specify max ping, minimum players
Menu stuff is not really my thing, but i like the idea - let's hope someone else pics that up.

Quote:-more fun stuff for mappers:
--counter, counter_increase, counter_decrease, constant, value_access_gate (like giving you the playercount on the server or in an area)
--compare gates
--func_enterable(a brush entity you can enter like a vehicle, needs a origin brush to place the player), should output what buttons the player presses, except the exit key
Always dreamed of having this in xonotic(better mute it):
Think some of this would be doable with existing func_ stuff, but may be wrong there, will have to check. _enterable would again likely tie into vehicle code or similar and that needs some TLC first.
Reply

#5
Wow nice. Maybe overkill gets a comeback. Big Grin

Also the most annoying thing I forgot mention:
The weapons-list hud element should use the priority list you specify in the options for sorting the weapons.

I know its menu stuff though.


Btw is there some guide on how to compile modified code and where to put the output? Preferably windows.
Coding in C would be a smaller problem. (i just hate the ';')
Reply

#6
Ok one thing I forgot which would be awesome:

Instead of having to define the cubemap for each texture just write $cubemap and place cubemap_probe entities that automatically capure a cubemap, blur it and reference it to the shader.
Reply



Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello everybody! (sort of) .Danny. 3 1,814 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Mirio

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Forum software by © MyBB original theme © iAndrew 2016, remixed by -z-