Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TAS and speedrunning in general

Hello, I am completely new to the forums. I just wanted to share my tool-assisted-speedrun I just made -- I've never done any speedruns, this is just a for-fun thing, but I'd hope it can inspire someone to improve on it, and possibly start a trend of speedrunning Xonotic. Here it is (for a highlight see e.g. 15:05):

https://peertube.mastodon.host/videos/wa...e7a8141de4

There is guide of how you can do this in the video description. Basically slow-down time with the slowmo command... it's also very fun to play this way.

Also here is my non-TAS speedrun (but segmented), which is not that interesting, but is nice for the context:

https://peertube.mastodon.host/videos/wa...e58536da18

I'd be happy if someone could improve on these or start doing similar runs. Feel free to share here! Bonus points for keeping everything free and open, as is Xonotic itself.

I also have a question:
I have now been trying to use the save and load commands to save the state mid-level, but they don't seem to work correctly. When I save a game, dosconnect and then load the game, the bots are gone and weird things happen, like teleports being rendered wrong (probably wrongly loaded shaders). Is this still an unimplemented feature or a bug? Or me doing something wrong?

Thanks. Interesting. Noticed that i should pay more attention to Crylink speed-trick.

Unfortunately can\t answer your question being complete noob myself.

\i deleted my first post about being unable to access your links, that was problem on my side

(05-02-2019, 02:12 AM)drummyfish Wrote: Hello, I am completely new to the forums. I just wanted to share my tool-assisted-speedrun I just made -- I've never done any speedruns, this is just a for-fun thing, but I'd hope it can inspire someone to improve on it, and possibly start a trend of speedrunning Xonotic. Here it is (for a highlight see e.g. 15:05):

Maybe you want to look into XDF and Race CTS?