Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some singleplayer campaigns I created

Hello! I was bored and created a couple of campaigns for singleplayer. The basic idea is simply “moar”. Moar of everything. Because I think the default campaign is too short. And the idea is to have one campaign per game mode (but very short campaigns might be combined into one campaign).

In the long run, I wanted to create campaigns for most of the game modes. The campaigns are meant to eventually replace the default campaign (“Xonotic 0.8.2 Campaign by Mirio”), so you will find a few levels that you already know from the default campaign. It's possible I will post more campaigns in future, covering more game modes.

These might not be perfect, some of these are just plain random, and I know, the titles are dumb, but HERE YOU GO:

List of campaigns:
  • Deathmatch Campaign: Deathmatch on every map!
  • Capture the Flag Campaign: Capture the Flag on every CTF map!
  • Tactical Campaign: Onslaught and Assault. Sadly, bots are too dumb to play Assault in Xonotic 0.8.2, but this is a different problem. Bug reported.
  • Weapon Arena Campaign: In each level there is only one weapon!
  • Xonotic 0.8.2 Pro Campaign: Mostly the same as the pre-installed Xonotic 0.8.2 Campaign by Mirio, but with bot difficulty set to MAX in all levels
  • Domination Campaign: Domination on every DOM map. Includes levels for both classic Domination and the special round-based Domination mode. Sadly, this campaign is kinda broken in 0.8.2 but works in -dev.
To don't make the campaigns too boring, I sprinkled in a special level now and them, with mutators like midair. Just like in the default campaign. It's possible I'll update the campaigns, based on player feedback.

Use them in version 0.8.2. The Domnation Campaign must be used in -dev (or 0.8.3, when released).

How to install:
If you're on GNU/Linux or something similar, just drop the text files in this post's attachment into
Code:
~/.xonotic/data/maps
. I don't know how to install it in other systems (sorry).

In the Xonotic source code, you can install these under:
Code:
data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir/maps/

TODO/ideas list for new campaigns:
  • Keepaway (basically similar to DM, but I want to shuffle levels and have different specials so it's not too repetitive)
  • LMS, maybe?
  • TDM, CA, FT (probably combined into one campaign. Also depends on how smart the bots are)
  • KeyHunt
  • Maybe look into adding Invasion game mode (no idea if it works, needs more research)
  • Maybe add reverse CTF?

Attached Files
.txt   campaignxonoticbetapro.txt (Size: 5.57 KB / Downloads: 3)
.txt   campaignweaponarena.txt (Size: 2.83 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   campaigntactical.txt (Size: 1.06 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   campaigndomination.txt (Size: 2.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   campaigndeathmatch.txt (Size: 2.03 KB / Downloads: 2)

Nice job. I always love some new camapigns (i like the duelcampaign i downloaded somewhere). However the only problem with them is that Bots go really hard on the Performance and for that reason camapaigns especially with more bots seem to have issues.

I think "campaign" may be completely redefined.

You would have a matrix of all maps and gamemodes and (uhh, I guess technically that would be higher dimensions) difficulty, mutators... For every win you get a checkbox and the goal is to fill everything with checkboxes.
?️‍? <- that should be a rainbow flag emoji.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Singleplayer kaadmy 23 7,227 07-13-2016, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Beagle
Star Singleplayer Level14 Laser only is... Harmata 1 2,135 12-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  Singleplayer Story Mod darthlukan 3 3,489 08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Last Post: ThePWTULN
  A new feature for singleplayer campaign ThePWTULN 6 4,030 09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Last Post: ThePWTULN