Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello :-)

Hi, I think most of you already know me :-)
I'm just a random gamer that was looking for a good game compatible with the ppc64le architecture and I found this masterpiece!
I was introduced to the community by kind soul Dodger :-)
I actually like e-sports and I'm trying to learn how to duel! I'm getting obliterated by everyone but, at least, with a smile in my face Tongue

I actually have a stream account in twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/sl4cer/) and a peertube instance (https://video.ploud.fr/video-channels/ca...ing/videos)
Thank you for being awesome!
[Image: 177071.jpg]
Twitch | Peertube
Too stupid and emotional to win any duels :/

Hi and welcome to the forums! Somehow I remember that nick from longer ago, but maybe it's just coincidence. Keep up training, the learning curve is steep and the acquired skills are rewarding. And being capable to take a loss is obligatory - it's essential to keep that up while getting better! ;oP Enjoy and looking forward to meeting you online!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Hello, Nice to meet you!
Don't worry . You are not the only one who plays badly.(I get killed all the time, too. Smile )The main thing here is not to lose heart , and you will definitely succeed.
Heart Heart  С наилучшими пожеланиями! Heart Heart

Hi Draena, welcome to Xonotic and to the forums!

Don't worry, your duel skills will improve as you keep practicing Smile
Out of curiosity, what computer with the ppc64le architecture do you have? A PowerMac G5?

@Halogene: maybe you confused Draena with Draelor? :>

Thank you for such kind replies!

Halogene! I feel honored to receive your attention! You are one of my favorite players! I watched you vs packer on the winter cup 2018 recently! I love how you play with low sensitivity!
I will try not to get tilted and enjoy every duel no matter the result and, of course, be nice with the opponent :-)

DarkFox! nice to meet you too! Thank you for your words. We will not lose heart and will remain strong! :-) 

I hope to meet both you online!!

PS: DarkFox, your english is very good, I wish I could write as well as you do! Heart
Twitch | Peertube

(02-19-2020, 01:20 PM)SpiKe Wrote: Hi Draena, welcome to Xonotic and to the forums!

Don't worry, your duel skills will improve as you keep practicing Smile
Out of curiosity, what computer with the ppc64le architecture do you have? A PowerMac G5?

@Halogene: maybe you confused Draena with Draelor? :>

Hello SpiKe!!

Thank you for your words!! I will keep practicing and enjoying the game!
I use a Talos II (https://www.raptorcs.com/content/base/products.html) the best hardware I've ever used! In fact, they even use xonotic as an incentive to use their machine! That's how I decided to give this game a shot! (the hardware is very modern and up to date, very powerful but hard to use at first)

I believe that @Halogene confused my nick  with Draelor as you pointed out, I joined the comunity very recently.

Cheers!
Twitch | Peertube

Welcome!
About the tournaments/cups, if I have time, I usually just join regardless of the suggested level. I've placed the last quite a few times, but I don't care. It's just so fun!

I'm glad you have a positive attitude. I think it will be easy to play on such modern equipment. Even on my old computer, everything works well(only on the oilrig map, it gets a little jammed).
You can also change the settings and change the quality. Sometimes it is useful to remove certain effects, especially those that interfere with visibility. It is also useful to know some features of different weapons. For example, crylink slows down an enemy when you shoot it, and if you shoot an enemy when it jumps over a precipice, the enemy may fall and die. Or, for example, Sniper Rifle, is able to break through walls and cause damage to the opponent, even if he thinks that he hid behind a wall. These are all small things , but often these small things interfere with inexperienced players. If you know them , it will help you.(well, at least it doesn't hurt).
Unfortunately, I don't think I can play with you.
Recently, I have been busy studying netradiant , blender, and other programs, so I very rarely play even as an anonymous player.
I really want to contribute to the community, and I hope that one day I will succeed.
Heart Heart  С наилучшими пожеланиями! Heart Heart

(02-19-2020, 03:46 PM)Draena Wrote: I watched you vs packer on the winter cup 2018 recently! I love how you play with low sensitivity!
I will try not to get tilted and enjoy every duel no matter the result and, of course, be nice with the opponent :-)
Uhh - thank you so much, but I'm in fact a rather average duellist with a lousy aim. I compensate a lot with a quite accurate belly item timing, but all in all I got a really fuzzy aim and close to no tactics at all :oP I generally use my attitude of "not taking it too seriously" as an excuse for not bothering (or being able) to think that much. With that being said, people with a positive attitude are always a valuable asset of a gaming community. So, keep it up, glad if you're feeling at home here! :oD
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Welcome Draena
Nice to play with you Smile
FAF - FERIS - COPENHAGEN - DENMARK - GNU/Linux  Heart
Homepage: https://feris-xonotic.net

Wink 
(04-02-2020, 04:52 AM)FAF Wrote: Welcome Draena
Nice to play with you Smile

I say the same! I know the match is going to be good if you are in it!  Wink

I still remember the shot lo landed on me on that clan arena match in that big map (I don't recall its name Tongue)
Twitch | Peertube

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,215 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  Hello hello!. (hola :D) bdvd 5 5,714 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: tux9656