Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former UT99 veteran introduces himself

Guys, I have to say, this game is not like Unreal Tournament. This is Unreal Tournament! Really, it's a great game!

I remember the very first game "Unreal" from 1998 and when 1999 "Unreal Tournament" was released, I played like in a trance. So many hours were invested in it, but it was more than worth it.

At that time I was the clan leader and webmaster of CoD (Company of Death) 21 years ago. We were quite successful, maybe here is someone who still knows this clan  Big Grin

At that time, ICQ was the means of communication and MS FrontPage was used for web design  Cool

Looking back, those were the best years with Unreal Tournament. And our community was not comparable to the current time. This cohesion was unique.

I came across the game "Xonotic" by chance. Google helped me  Rolleyes
I also play Toxikk. Great game too. Unfortunately there are more bots at work than real people  Confused 

I have been looking for a game that has the same character as Unreal Tournament for a long time. And this game really convinced me and it's even free! Also detailed statistics about Players and Matches are recorded here, which I think is really great  Big Grin

I don't care if the community here is not as big as the hyped mainstream games. I prefer communities where everyone supports and exchanges rather than Fortnite or PUBG, which only generates a bunch of brainless Players.

Glad to be here!  Big Grin
[Image: 178866.png]

Hello there!

Welcome to the community. Unfortunately, Xonotic like you mentioned doesn't have the biggest player base, but the community is very welcoming and friendly. I don't know what region/country you are from, but you'll have the most success in finding servers with players on it in the evening between 20:00 and 0:00 CET. I also don't know what modes/game types you're into, but the most popular vanilla servers are wtwrp votable 1 and wtwrp votable 2 where clan arena and capture the flag are mostly played. If you'd like to have a chat and some good banter with the community, consider joining the Xonotic discord here or join us on IRC: #xonotic and #xonotic.pickup on quakenet.org.

Enjoy your stay here ^^
[Image: 8848.png]

What a nice introduction! Judging by that you've come to the right place :o) Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay - looking forward to meeting you online!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(02-19-2020, 04:07 AM)RazorDodger Wrote: Hello there!

Welcome to the community. Unfortunately, Xonotic like you mentioned doesn't have the biggest player base, but the community is very welcoming and friendly. I don't know what region/country you are from, but you'll have the most success in finding servers with players on it in the evening between 20:00 and 0:00 CET. I also don't know what modes/game types you're into, but the most popular vanilla servers are wtwrp votable 1 and wtwrp votable 2 where clan arena and capture the flag are mostly played. If you'd like to have a chat and some good banter with the community, consider joining the Xonotic discord here or join us on IRC: #xonotic and #xonotic.pickup on quakenet.org.

Enjoy your stay here ^^

Many thanks for the detailed information! 

I am Greek, but I come from Germany - that means 20:00 and 0:00 CET can be set up  Cool

In UT99 I preferred the game modes Assault, CTF and Domination. I think I will mostly let off steam here in CTF.

Discord is always good  Wink

Thanks again - looking forward to meeting you online
[Image: 178866.png]

Hello, good man!
Welcome to the forums. It's always nice to see new players. Have a nice time!
Heart Heart  С наилучшими пожеланиями! Heart Heart

Hi Megas X, and welcome to Xonotic!

I also played Unreal Tournament before discovering Xonotic, though it was UT2004.
The Xonotic community is indeed not big, but it's a very nice and friendly community Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just an idiot who's owning a clan feeling the desire to introduce himself. [CISN] Neigdoig 1 1,311 07-14-2021, 08:07 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  DeathMatch Radio introduces itself to Xonotic. vi0lat0rs 6 4,893 06-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Last Post: thimo
Music Former NOOB kyseka 7 6,378 03-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Pendulla
  Former Quake (1,2 and 3) addict. Really enjoying Xonotic DeadTOm 10 8,018 02-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Last Post: aa
Wink A man without life introducing himself, lol hihikaya 17 12,942 02-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Last Post: hihikaya