Create an account

Poll: Do you like the current design?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The three areas are great!
0%
0 0%
Neutral
0%
0 0%
You should merge it into one area.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CTF] Starship Fear

Starship Fear

by Minkovsky

Finally. The final touches are done. This is the 1.0 release of min_ctf1. Go and play. Now.

Screenshots

DOWNLOAD

GPLv2, .map on request. Still waiting for the skybox dude to say if he wants to release the skyboxm gpl2 too.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I HUNGER FOR SCREENSHOTS.... Tongue
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

ME2!!! Tongue
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I hears you guise liek dem screenshotz?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

yup! thanks! Wink
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Works update: Replaced top level of common areas with curve-based cylinders, replacing some of the jump pads with the appropriate model, adding info_locations, trying to get warpzones to work, trying to get lighting to work.

Seriously, why doesn't the light work? Am I doing something wrong?

nice skybox!
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

about lighting" try setting noshadersun 1 and then create a light with the property sun 1

also, I can't get the map to appear in the xonotic list

Imgur Gallery

Oh, wait. Forgot to update the pk3 to the most recent version (I have a new (final)A+R BSP somewhere). Thanks for the light tip, though.

I have no idea if it will work or not, but I have been having some problems with light, and setting noshadersun fixed it.

Imgur Gallery

Well, I tried this, altogether with the sun entities, but the light stage of compilation shows that there's 0 sun lights. I'll try skipping the radiosity (ie. use nobounce), and maybe even switch to ambient (looks kind of dull, though). Meanwhile, what would you say about the layout? Do you like the three separate areas? Or maybe I should merge them into one?

did you add the key "light" with a value of 1 to a light you created?

and I was not able to play the map. it would not display in xonotic. did you update the file? (should I try downloading it again?)

Imgur Gallery

light 1? It didn't say anything about setting light to 1. Also, try deleting the auto-generated .mapinfo file (My Documents/My Games/xonotic/data/data). This should help. Then, go to CTF or TDM mode. Also, you may want to try this:
Code:
title Starship Fear
description An arena originally built by an ancient alien civilization, which now is an arena you have to fight on...
author Minkovsky
cdtrack 5
has weapons
has flags
type tdm 50 20 2
type ctf 25 10 10
But I included this with the pk3.

yeah, you have to define a light as a replacement sun.

so, select the brushes that compose the skybox (this isn't really necessary, you can select any brush in worldspawn.) and add a key called "noshadersun" with a value of 1. then, select a light that you want to define as the sun and create a key called "sun" with a value of 1.

Imgur Gallery

actually, I did that. _noshadersun is 1 and there are three light entities with _sun set to 1. But I kinda don't need them now - I did the -nobounce, and it works just fine. Now I just have to set models' textures and fix some stuff. Also, does the warpzone work for you?

Updated. This is the final release. If the hipspot guy says yes to releasing that skybox as gplv2, someone please put it in the repo.

(09-11-2010, 07:29 AM)Minkovsky Wrote:
Starship Fear

by Minkovsky

Finally. The final touches are done. This is the 1.0 release of min_ctf1. Go and play. Now.

Screenshots

DOWNLOAD

GPLv2, .map on request. Still waiting for the skybox dude to say if he wants to release the skyboxm gpl2 too.

Judging from the screenshots the layout seems a little bit simplistic... Oh and this skybox looks like the same skybox that I used for the "piece-o-cake" map in Nexuiz (which was officially included!), so it is good to go for GPLv2. However, I don't think it really fits with the (clean?) space theme of Xonotic, this looks more like something from a fantasy world Tongue
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(10-12-2010, 11:53 AM)FruitieX Wrote: Judging from the screenshots the layout seems a little bit simplistic... Oh and this skybox looks like the same skybox that I used for the "piece-o-cake" map in Nexuiz (which was officially included!), so it is good to go for GPLv2. However, I don't think it really fits with the (clean?) space theme of Xonotic, this looks more like something from a fantasy world Tongue

Yeah, it may seem simplistic. However, it doesn't affect the gameplay by any means, and also it's like my first successful map (since the Maerth Core project grew mutant and I abandoned it). Also, it fits in the space theme because the story behind it is that "It's an arena built by an ancient, alien civilization, which is now an arena you have to fight on". It's not clean, but hey, it's ancient. Which reminds me - Xonotic is a space FPS, but it doesn't mean that everything must take place in deep space, because even though Star Wars was a space movie, a lot of its action took place on planets.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,657 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,149 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,497 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario