Create an account

Poll: Would you like Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) to return to the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
2 100.00%
Maybe / I don't care
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] [CLOSED] Make Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) come back

Exclamation 
Hi, all, I've some things that I researched about the lost gamemode called Trouble in Terrorist Town. I would like to recover it, someone would like it?
Here the link of the wiki of this gamemode:
https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/-/wik...orist-Town 

There are 2 ways: 
- Contact to the responsible author to release the resources (hard, we don't know where he is, looks like he quit from the community)
- Develop the code of this gamemode again and trying to make it have the same logical structure (not sure if it will fit with the same thing)

Maybe, Resource should work.

Attached Files
.zip   mihalych.zip (Size: 6.05 MB / Downloads: 3)
My maps:
CTF: Trident_ctf, Moon terror;
DM: Checkfriend, Last man standing remix (ctf);
Duel: tempullit, X air walker;
Kota-dooM: Kota-dooM, Kota-dooM4 (-2);
Race: Map packs;
Special: Triangle, Mid space 'em.

You can check out my other maps here.

(07-08-2020, 12:55 AM)Kotangens Wrote: Maybe, Resource should work.

I appreciate the effort, we have done this too, but without the progs.dat and the code, it won't help us.

Thanks for sharing the demo! Ok, I saved it in the wiki! https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/-/wikis/Trouble-in-Terrorist-Town#screenshots-and-demos

I had them a year ago.
My maps:

+one demo.

Attached Files
.zip   2019-10-02_21-54_minectf.zip (Size: 2.53 MB / Downloads: 4)
My maps:

(07-08-2020, 03:21 AM)Kotangens Wrote: +one demo.

This demo is better than the other one, wow, thank you!! Added in the wiki! 
https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/-/wik...-and-demos

Maybe there are some secrets of TTT project that we don't know if were, in the Detectives part was planned a tool to identify the players. 
The tool is possible to use if the player can buy in the shop using Karma points as money, but the use is limited and the time too. To use this tool, you have to be near to other player like 1 meter of distance to detect if it's Innocent or Traitor.

This isn't the only thing that the project had planned, there are other things like currency system with karma points to later buy health, armor, nades, etc. which that would've been too complex to develop fully.
It's curious that the development was making a gamemode from another game.

I would like to close this thread, because we already have documentation and source code available:
Murder in Megaerebus Manor

Case closed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] x Frags Left should come before other announcements gd 0 1,392 06-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: gd
  Petition to Make LG Default in Clan Arena usedcardownloader 0 2,051 07-04-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: usedcardownloader
  [SUGGESTION] Rename Campaign and make an actual Campaign? Beagle 2 3,156 03-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Last Post: fool
  [SUGGESTION] Make instagib/overkill = official asyyy 49 36,806 07-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Drauts
  [SUGGESTION] Make game knowledge/info more obvious - i.e. tips Archer 7 10,773 01-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Bringing back a few assets from Nexuiz as well as digging through the maps section Lee_Stricklin 1 3,614 12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Steam: why not an independent closed source launcher? Ferk 14 16,511 11-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Last Post: djstrikes3
  [SUGGESTION] Aim-training dummy bot (fast bunny jumping without fighting back) Ferk 2 5,385 11-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Last Post: GoregeousGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Ideas on how to make the game more accessible spamyak 6 7,775 08-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: edh
Sad [SUGGESTION] More noob-friendly Xonotic: gameplay sacrifices to make lamefun 10 11,286 01-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Halogene