Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEED HELP] How to use textures for radiant(win version)? (solved)

Question 
I downloaded the windows version of netradiant (I use wine, a tool to run windows games and applications).  This version does not support textures.
I am using gentoo linux, don't think that I am using windows.  I entered into the console: emerge netradiant - (before that sudo -i).

Result - does not want to download (I cannot send an error - I'm on vacation).
if you don’t understand: how to use textures in netradiant, which has windows version (I don’t have those files like c:   )?  Or where to place them?

Thank you in advance
My maps:
CTF: Trident_ctf, Moon terror;
DM: Checkfriend, Last man standing remix (ctf);
Duel: tempullit, X air walker;
Kota-dooM: Kota-dooM, Kota-dooM4 (-2);
Race: Map packs;
Special: Triangle, Mid space 'em.

You can check out my other maps here.

(08-04-2020, 10:25 AM)Kotangens Wrote: I downloaded the windows version of netradiant (I use wine, a tool to run windows games and applications).  This version does not support textures.
I am using gentoo linux, don't think that I am using windows.  I entered into the console: emerge netradiant - (before that sudo -i).

if you don’t understand: how to use textures in netradiant, which has windows version (I don’t have those files like c:   )?  Or where to place them?

Thank you in advance

I'd recommend you come to Discord / IRC to ask day to day things. Most people like you ask these questions there.

You'll certainly get more steady feedback and help on things.

Those questions can be answered in the chat:
https://www.xonotic.org/chat/
IRC Quakenet channel: #xonotic.maps
or in #xonotic (general channel)

Discordhttps://discordapp.com/invite/0uxcsw1XMkaOB936 in #mapping channel

Moreover, they will say that you should read tutorials and they will help you about this. These things had already been answered a long time ago (many years), if you ask something like this, use the chats

Only use the forums when you have more in-depth discussions, non-so-simple questions, tutorials (if needed) or results / breakdowns to showcase instead threads like this (unless something hasn't been discussed, notified, if it's needed, reported, ...).

(08-04-2020, 10:25 AM)Kotangens Wrote: I downloaded the windows version of netradiant (I use wine, a tool to run windows games and applications).  This version does not support textures.

Thank you in advance

If installing NetRadiant from the Gentoo repositories doesn't work, you can still download it from here: https://netradiant.gitlab.io/page/download/
There is a precompiled version for Linux (made by illwieckz) that has been tested on several Linux distros.

I will definitely check the answers!

Star 
WORK!
Guys, thanks a lot, but nevertheless it struck me why not put the textures in another file.
As you requested Spike, I installed it. Although I think it will work in the win version.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My maps:
CTF: Trident_ctf, Moon terror;
DM: Checkfriend, Last man standing remix (ctf);
Duel: tempullit, X air walker;
Kota-dooM: Kota-dooM, Kota-dooM4 (-2);
Race: Map packs;
Special: Triangle, Mid space 'em.

You can check out my other maps here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Need old rifle model(solved) Kotangens 8 3,153 08-27-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
Question [NEED HELP] How to create warpzones? (solved) Kotangens 10 4,628 08-19-2020, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SOLVED] Textures don't load at other side of warpzone bananovenc 6 2,986 06-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bananovenc
  [SOLVED] No stats for the player Ubuntu 19.04 - just don't use the flathub version Fiorentino 2 3,062 04-20-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Fiorentino
  [BUG] some textures won't load with git builds lister 2 2,444 01-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: LuckyStripe
Question [NEED HELP] can't build netradiant (SOLVED) bananovenc 7 4,425 12-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [SOLVED] Weird key hold issue with official version Bloodthorn 9 4,913 05-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Bloodthorn
  [BUG] SDL version not loading, glx version buggy rendering Halogene 3 3,784 10-19-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [SOLVED] how to use swap buff? BuddyFriendGuy 2 2,670 12-05-2016, 12:47 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] Can't See Custom User Models/Textures Deathsbreed 4 3,753 05-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Deathsbreed