Create an account

Poll: Like idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
81.54%
53 81.54%
No! (please post why)
9.23%
6 9.23%
I don't care!
9.23%
6 9.23%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
[SUGGESTION] New GAMETYPE! INVASION!

yes, I know.... but I didn't say
rainerzufalldererste not Wrote:I want the largest open environments the cryengine can handle
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(08-18-2010, 03:09 PM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: In this Gametype all the weapons (from online and Story[more powerful ones]) should be included!
In the gametype a big crowd of monsters (when they are coded for the storymode) should invade the map! You could kill all of them together with your friends! This will be more relaxed gameplay Wink
What do you think?

See games like AVA's Jailbreak (or Outbreak or something like that) mode for an example of something similar. It gets boring fast, but once in a while it's a blast. And I just rhymed.

If it's something like the invasion gamemode in Skulltag (where several rounds, called "waves", are played, on each wave the amount and power of spawned monsters grows, the map transforms, new locations open, and new weapons and powerups become available) which I used to enjoy alot, then I definitely would love it.

that's a good idea! like it! Smile
MY NOOB STATS:

(08-18-2010, 04:24 PM)Moo Wrote: Actually I would imagine this game mode more to be in a situation where the players (who act as a team) are in some enclosed area and the monsters can come attack them. The players cannot leave this area, they can only defend it. The game mode would have levels of difficulty, which would increase the more you play. That's how I see it, atleast.

Yeah, I mean it's been very popular on consoles, there's more games than I can count where this is all you do, I think this is a great idea. f10:face > Moo Exclamation

We could need a few Drop-ship models! I don't like to see the monsters spawning!
MY NOOB STATS:

okay i'll start working on a map for it, i'v played a.v.a prison survival and escape we made it to 800, but i get the idea about not wanting to see them spawn, do you want it to be like combat arms cabin fever? like one building out in a swamp fending off in the building and going up to the second level to avoid being swarmed by the monsters?

I really like the idea! It would be really fun.

I've played cabin fever in combat arms; the map is kinda small. Everyone just stands at each door and shoots.. not very strategic. Maybe we could make the map progress through the waves? Like in CA when the zombies start coming from the basement and later when you get to the second floor.

Would you just keep playing waves until you died or would you get rescued eventually? Maybe their should be a save option.

(09-23-2010, 08:13 PM)phim Wrote: I really like the idea! It would be really fun.

I've played cabin fever in combat arms; the map is kinda small. Everyone just stands at each door and shoots.. not very strategic. Maybe we could make the map progress through the waves? Like in CA when the zombies start coming from the basement and later when you get to the second floor.

Would you just keep playing waves until you died or would you get rescued eventually? Maybe their should be a save option.

yeah i'll put more floors on the map, and i think we should have it rescue after a certain time of survival because saving with other people online might not work out to well

(08-18-2010, 04:24 PM)Moo Wrote: Actually I would imagine this game mode more to be in a situation where the players (who act as a team) are in some enclosed area and the monsters can come attack them. The players cannot leave this area, they can only defend it. The game mode would have levels of difficulty, which would increase the more you play. That's how I see it, atleast.

A game mode which permits players to act as a team to defend a base against hordes of bots... I like it! I would love to see this feature added.

(09-23-2010, 07:47 PM)jacob Wrote: [...] but i get the idea about not wanting to see them spawn, do you want it to be like combat arms cabin fever? like one building out in a swamp fending off in the building and going up to the second level to avoid being swarmed by the monsters?

I've thought of a BIG "Teleporter" (which can't teleport you, but only looks like a Teleporter) and that's where the Dropships fly out, the Aliens jump off and the dropships disappear.
But they could also spawn in houses, where you don't see them spawning or sth like that Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

I think this could actually be two new gametypes.
The Invasion, for just mowing down monsters that come crowding in,
and a real 3D
Tower Defense, yay, where you have to prevent Monsters spawning on side A of the map to reach side B of the map along a path by building walls, turrets and such.
The turrets and such would cost money or points you gain by killing monsters with them. So your "weapon" would be a build-tool.

Ooo... you could make a really cool portal with swirling stuff and light affects that mosters come out of. That would look really good; especially if the map was dark and the only light was coming from the portal.

(09-26-2010, 07:24 AM)pax Wrote: Tower Defense, yay, where you have to prevent Monsters spawning on side A of the map to reach side B of the map along a path by building walls, turrets and such.
The turrets and such would cost money or points you gain by killing monsters with them. So your "weapon" would be a build-tool.

But this should not be you only weapon!
MY NOOB STATS:

(09-26-2010, 09:57 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: But this should not be you only weapon!

But..but..but... ohkaaaay maybe you could also spawn yourself an Exo-suite with two bigass chainguns, hop in, shout "Sam I am" and just forget about the walls...

Jokes aside, if you can just mow yourself I think then it wouldn't be Tower Defense, but maybe if it "feels" right, why not have some self-defense. Big Grin

Anyway, don't want to hijack the Invasion thread here Tongue

(09-23-2010, 07:47 PM)jacob Wrote: okay i'll start working on a map for it, i'v played a.v.a prison survival and escape we made it to 800, but i get the idea about not wanting to see them spawn, do you want it to be like combat arms cabin fever? like one building out in a swamp fending off in the building and going up to the second level to avoid being swarmed by the monsters?

I'd recommend getting the code for the gametype sorted out first, before you start mapping...
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(09-26-2010, 05:50 PM)pax Wrote:
(09-26-2010, 09:57 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: But this should not be you only weapon!

But..but..but... ohkaaaay maybe you could also spawn yourself an Exo-suite with two bigass chainguns, hop in, shout "Sam I am" and just forget about the walls...

Jokes aside, if you can just mow yourself I think then it wouldn't be Tower Defense, but maybe if it "feels" right, why not have some self-defense. Big Grin

Anyway, don't want to hijack the Invasion thread here Tongue

there's already some similar thing (tower defense FPS)...
...wait...It's called: Sanctum and the demo can be downloaded from the UDK webpage: http://www.UDK.com/
MY NOOB STATS:

Aye nice, that tells us it's a feasible idea Tongue

Not like i'm gonna try to d/l a 300MB Demo EXE onto my linux desktop...

maybe

(09-28-2010, 03:21 PM)pax Wrote: Aye nice, that tells us it's a feasible idea Tongue

Not like i'm gonna try to d/l a 300MB Demo EXE onto my linux desktop...

Tongue
well... so I'll tell the basics of THAT game:
You have 2 weapons:
MG (Upgradable)
Sniper (Upgradable)

In a special area you can place:
- blocks: here you can place upgradable Miniguns, Turrets (i think so Rolleyes ) and air-defense
- some special tiles can be marked as "slow" so they slow down enemies
- elevators, witch take you up and down boxes

you spawn with some money with that you can upgrade or build anything.
You get money by killing enemies (monsters)

You have to protect a building "town" against the invading monsters

The monsters have a set way they walk or fly.
They don't destroy boxes!
they don't hurt you! (i think so)

You are the one who says when the invasion should start!
if a count of monsters got into the building, you lose!

Hopefully everything is understandable :S
MY NOOB STATS:

That sounds like fun, though it might be easier coding to allow throwing turrets everywhere.
We don't need that other crap I think Tongue

Ah that stirs old memories on them Alien II Autocannons. Oh I loved those sounds.
Huh makes me wonder why we don't just port some Tremulous hahaha.

this is starting to sound like tremulous and call of duty world at war zombie mode mixed together

...and now?
MY NOOB STATS:

(04-22-2011, 01:30 PM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: ...and now?

everyone is working on the next version of xonotic
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Xonotic: Tower Defense!

Could be fun.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,153 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Ability to vote map, gametype and mutators after each map Exitium 13 20,340 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  [SUGGESTION] New gametype: ClanArena (CA) Debugger 8 7,671 08-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Gametype idea (no name yet) hellmind 8 9,825 05-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Last Post: hellmind