Create an account

Poll: Like idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
81.54%
53 81.54%
No! (please post why)
9.23%
6 9.23%
I don't care!
9.23%
6 9.23%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
[SUGGESTION] New GAMETYPE! INVASION!

Star 
In this Gametype all the weapons (from online and Story[more powerful ones]) should be included!
In the gametype a big crowd of monsters (when they are coded for the storymode) should invade the map! You could kill all of them together with your friends! This will be more relaxed gameplay Wink
What do you think?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

So this is basically assault. Except in assault you actually play with people.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

i voted with no because there is already the assault modus

Actually I would imagine this game mode more to be in a situation where the players (who act as a team) are in some enclosed area and the monsters can come attack them. The players cannot leave this area, they can only defend it. The game mode would have levels of difficulty, which would increase the more you play. That's how I see it, atleast.
Mapper.

Is this somehow the same idea like in many zombiemods and games like Killing Floor? Dozens/hundreds/thousands of zombies/monsters attack your team and you should survive as long as possible just slaughtering all of them?

I want this game mode, it was fun in Tactical Ops and called "Monster Attack" there.

The difference to assault is that this works on ANY sufficiently large map, and has no fixed "game flow". Instead, waves of increasingly strong monsters spawn, and must get killed for the next wave to spawn. There is also "bonus money" for killing monsters that allows you to get more powerful weapons, and you lose all weapons (no dropping) when you die.

Instead of this, one could simply have the monsters drop guns at a random probability so we don't need a "buy screen".
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Finally something we could use the zombie model for! Big Grin
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

There was a very similiar gametype in Unreal Tournament 2004. Same name.

I like it!

Killing hordes of monsters in Xonotic would be fun Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

this gametype is also in "CUBE 2: Sauerbraten" (in a bit different way but ...yes Wink)
I played it and thought:
rainerzufalldererste's thoughts Wrote:We MUST have this in Xonotic!!!
MY NOOB STATS:

I like "Alien Attack" though. It makes for a better name. XD
Mapper.

maybe "alienTRAP"?

ok, bad joke...

but i like the idea of such a gamemode
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(08-19-2010, 03:15 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: maybe "alienTRAP"?

ok, bad joke...

but i like the idea of such a gamemode
Laughed out loud.

Must have this.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

The MG needs to be beefed up and get an ammo change for this (CR ammo, perhaps?) so that you can just stand there and mow down zombies Big Grin

yes'd
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Don't have anything against an invasion gametype, but don't confuse it with assault please..assault as I know it is NOTHING like invasion, it's when there is two teams, attackers and defenders, and the attackers have to complete several objectives on the map..so the map has like certain section's, then once the timelimit reaches zero or the attackers win the map inside the limit, the teams swap over so the defender's now attack and see if they can beat the previous attackers time. I'd google UT or UT2004 Assault to get an idea of the game-mode, is really really fun and pretty hard at times.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I loved invasion in UT. Yep, this could be fun in Xonotic too.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Thumbs Up 
Thumb up for the "Alien Attack" name for this.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

images from Cube 2: Sauerbraten from the Invasion gametype!
->Link<-
MY NOOB STATS:

As people also ask a lot for a singleplayer campaign ... this could be the mod/base for it. Cause you can play it solo or with friends together.

(08-18-2010, 10:54 PM)divVerent Wrote: I want this game mode, it was fun in Tactical Ops and called "Monster Attack" there.

The difference to assault is that this works on ANY sufficiently large map, and has no fixed "game flow". Instead, waves of increasingly strong monsters spawn, and must get killed for the next wave to spawn. There is also "bonus money" for killing monsters that allows you to get more powerful weapons, and you lose all weapons (no dropping) when you die.

Instead of this, one could simply have the monsters drop guns at a random probability so we don't need a "buy screen".

Sounds like tower defence but only an FPS version. Sounds fun. We should have the monsters walk a certain path, if they reach the end the map would explode... or you know.. something less dramatic.
[Image: duck.gif]
ai am ai.

Fix the avatar size limit please! I want my avatar gifs back! DISCRIMINATION!
Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

i think this would be great

edit: if you want i could do mapping for this mode, i have a good idea of what it should look like

Yes, do want this. Smile

With some (map specific) highscore system, this could even become highly addictive! Tongue

Edit: Actually divVerent, why not a buy screen? Could have turrets and such stuff in there, maybe even building blocks (that zombies can slowly destroy), and a device that prevents zombies from spawning within a certain radius of it so they wont spawn inside your buildings Tongue (each player could only place so many of these to prevent planting them all over the map ending up winning the game). The round would then start with a setup time where you build an initial base + really basic defense, and you expand/repair it while the enemies become more and more powerful. I can imagine this would be interesting combined with assault in multiplayer. Tongue

If this ever gets implemented, the same idea could be used in e.g. CTF in addition to what we have, so if you have racked up lots of kills and die you can buy your favorite weapon right away, or you could set up a turret in your base. Still, you would have to save up money in case it's needed when the enemy attacks your base.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Anyone ever played a game called Sacrifice? One of the most weird games I've ever played, but this game also had a game mode like this where you were fighting against enemies that spawned at the edges of the map. There were different levels of enemies and you could convert their souls and use them to spawn own monsters that helped you then defending. The concept was quite addictive and you ended up always wanting to top your times how long you survived.

Need to play this again...
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(09-05-2010, 05:58 AM)jacob Wrote: i think this would be great

edit: if you want i could do mapping for this mode, i have a good idea of what it should look like

Yes! I want you! Heart
In this gametype large open environments or caves and towers/castles are nice Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

Large open environments are bad for the engine...
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,142 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Ability to vote map, gametype and mutators after each map Exitium 13 20,338 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  [SUGGESTION] New gametype: ClanArena (CA) Debugger 8 7,665 08-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Gametype idea (no name yet) hellmind 8 9,823 05-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Last Post: hellmind