Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LighterQuazor - A Xonotic Map like a laser tag arena, thought for bunnyhopping

Wink 
This map was made with the plans to optimize the players' movement: smoothed corners, no stairs, teleports and jumpads in the right place, so that the players are not slowed or stopped, but rather, they can gain a great smoothness. Every point of this map was calculated and thoughtful in such a way that was exploited. The map is not big because a big map reduces the fights, bored the players. Only for fun like a real laser tag party!
The gametype for this map are: DM, TDM, CA, CTF, FT;
Bunny Hopping is fully compatible (also perfect 4 teams or just instagib DM/CTF).
Include 2 superweapons, 1 powerup, jumpads, teleports, 1 door, yet waypointed. The map was tested and used, there should no be problems.
Time spent to create this map: 3+ days.

Here is a demonstration/walkthrough of the map (on youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDiB29C2...e=youtu.be

Here the download package

Attached Files
.pk3   lighterquazor.pk3 (Size: 1.53 MB / Downloads: 14)
"forgive your enemies but never forget their nicknames"

(09-04-2020, 10:28 PM)derrant Wrote: This map was made with the plans to optimize the players' movement: smoothed corner, no stairs, teleports and jumpads in the right place, so that the players are not slowed or stopped, but rather, they can gain a great smoothness. Every point of this map was calculated and thoughtful in such a way that was exploited. The map is not big because a big map reduces the fights, bored the players. Only for fun like a real laser tag party!
Bunny Hopping is fully compatible (also perfect 4 teams or just instagib DM/CTF).
Include 2 superweapons, 1 powerup, jumpads, teleports, 1 door, yet waypointed. The map was tested and used, there should no be problems.

Here the screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-04-2020, 10:28 PM)derrant Wrote: This map was made with the plans to optimize the players' movement: smoothed corner, no stairs, teleports and jumpads in the right place, so that the players are not slowed or stopped, but rather, they can gain a great smoothness. Every point of this map was calculated and thoughtful in such a way that was exploited. The map is not big because a big map reduces the fights, bored the players. Only for fun like a real laser tag party!

Here some gifs to explain common movements on this map

Attached Files
.gif   1ezgif.com-optimize.gif (Size: 1.99 MB / Downloads: 89)
.gif   2ezgif-7-8019fe57948e.gif (Size: 2.27 MB / Downloads: 88)
.gif   3ezgif.com-optimize.gif (Size: 1.19 MB / Downloads: 89)
.gif   4ezgif.com-optimize.gif (Size: 1.16 MB / Downloads: 89)
.gif   5ezgif.com-optimize.gif (Size: 1.19 MB / Downloads: 87)

Now I understand how confused players on my maps feel when playing for first time. 

Overall your map has some interesting features, but I am not sure what was the intended game mode since there are superweapon spawns. Maybe I am just not used to them in DM modes.

I also noticed that map is pretty dark.

(09-10-2020, 07:51 AM)Winsalot Wrote: Now I understand how confused players on my maps feel when playing for first time. 

Overall your map has some interesting features, but I am not sure what was the intended game mode since there are superweapon spawns. Maybe I am just not used to them in DM modes.

I also noticed that map is pretty dark.

Yes, that's right, I'm making a corrective version (corrected verse of some curves, internal lights, relocation of light points, corrected position of some mesh, add items...), more clear, and with refined geometries and minor changes, the superweapons will be eliminated (they were a pretty funny bonus), and I'm think to use new textures, but I thought that dark  in the map was a strong point, just for create an ambience like a lasertag. However, the geometrical structural accuracy is increased a lot. My actually problem is that I would to make new texture set to recreate a dark laser similar game match, but the current textures are not suitable for this scope, So for this reason, for the next version i'll try to learn first how to make shader scripts, and then create textures that enchant the envirnoment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unofficial Xonotic map repository (xonotic.co) -z- 37 34,213 10-09-2022, 05:55 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Map like DM-Antalus from Unreal Tournament 2004? H1POGRYF 1 2,174 09-16-2020, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [WIP] Arena _para 2 2,651 07-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Last Post: _para
  [DM]8-bit Arena DM NEXBALL CTF CuBe0wL 18 16,647 01-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Colton
  map that looks like a kitchen? Exibar 8 9,462 02-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  singleplayer city map (DeusEx-like interactive city hub) MirceaKitsune 50 60,472 08-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Any one would like to create a Vehicle demolition derby map? end user 3 4,544 05-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Last Post: end user
  [DM/CTF/KH....] Cube-arena forseti 3 4,563 03-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Justin
  [beta][dm] Redsky Arena DM Minkovsky 5 7,017 05-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Minkovsky
  Arena Cortez666 4 5,959 11-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Cortez666