Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Assault - who wants, and who can map?

Wondered, if anyone wants to attempt to make an assault map, is the assault mode still working in xonotic though??

Assault for those who don't know, is two teams, defenders & attackers, attackers have to try complete all the objectives, once an area is breached for example attackers attack from a new spawn point (generally somewhere very close nearby where they just breached, and defender's respawn near the next objective also). Once attacking team completed all the objectives or the time limit runs out, defenders now are the attackers and vice-versa and it's who can complete the map the quickest.

In clan games I have seen some really really impressive teamplay in it, played it before in cup game's and was surprised how quick a really good team can complete objectives..using same weapons to take down turrets within seconds etc.

UT Assault (cool movie) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh414Keud...re=related
UT2004 assault Convoy-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cjRX_FwYYQ
UT2004 assault RobotFactoru-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16wJwrcUY...re=related

If it's working, would anyone be willing to have a go making a map?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Assault still works in xonotic. SavageX is currently working on one, branchname: savagex/techassault

Ah, good to hear!!

Will speak to him about this, thankyou Smile

Still be nice if someone else wants to make a map Smile

If someone can give me a general layout idea I can try turning it into a real map - would be a good opportunity to practice. Assault maps can also be used for ONS, no?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Not really, I would say assault maps are assault specific ONLY..might be worthwhile you talking to savageX as I believe he played UT assault so has a good idea on map layouts/how to make objectives and when bit's get breached/destroyed where the defenders/attackers then spawn from etc.

Assault maps are indeed assault specific.

I want to make a cool assault map too, though those really need some good ideas about story, and a general script what the attackers, and what the defenders should do. "Go here-destroy that, move on to next thing to destroy" isn't fun on the long run.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I'm sure you'll be able to think up a cool story C.Brutail, design map first Big Grin

I need to check out SavageX's work.

I have to disagree on this, however I know your opinion is simply for the lulz Tongue
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I will be available to detail any levels that will be released in game. Smile especially ONS or Assault levels
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

nice Smile

It would be nice to have some more Assault maps! Smile
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I think it's a shame that game modes like ONS and AS weren't ever played in Nexuiz. Hopefully things will be different with Xonotic Smile

I've got an idea for an assault map - maybe I should map it if I can find the time!
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Certainly go for it ThePWTULN Smile

yes! do! Wink
make us happy Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

How's this for inspiration lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42KrAkRyOY

A bunch of guys get frustrated at a beer brewery discontinuing their favorite beverage and replacing it with non-alcoholic piss. In response to that they roll up in there with tanks and other vehicles to hijack the brewery and start producing real beer again.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I've made a thread here, if anyone's interested.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

I'd say assault maps can also be good for onslaught to an extent.

For ideas:

Boarding craft attacking a space elevator to gain surface access
Attacking a giant siege robot to sabotage it from the inside out
Blowing a hole in the side of a warship to capture it

Keep in mind now that other things can be changed in game by buttons etc. its possible to turn off the gravity, cause players to be blown out into space and killed and many other fun things.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Nice Ideas there actually Sepelio. I like the giant siege robot, I guess you could start outside of the 'factory' (attackers) then once you breach that, the defenders then spawn inside the 'robot' and attackers have to get inside and destroy/hit some switch or something..would need to be quite a big robot though Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] [QoL] Disable hearing your own SFXs so you can focus more on what matters lerh050 0 632 09-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: lerh050
  [BUG] Sniper Rifle Can Shoot Through Walls Space Ace 3 2,813 03-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [SUGGESTION] Assault map ideas Lee_Stricklin 8 12,421 03-29-2015, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] Assault Maps forseti 4 5,691 02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Can we get rid of this matter? Smilecythe 40 32,148 11-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Can we have fireball traps like in quake? Fireball 12 13,954 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Last Post: catfish
  [SUGGESTION] A way achievements can be handled (and go social) Minkovsky 7 6,835 08-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Orange base and blue base instead of red and blue base? kay 24 19,287 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  [SUGGESTION] Ability to vote map, gametype and mutators after each map Exitium 13 20,340 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  [SUGGESTION] Request: Can someone remake Darkzone CTF for Xonotic? Dokujisan 17 19,223 11-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Last Post: vede