Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your mouse?

Damn, my mouse unfortunatly encountered with a wall.
a minute's silence pleaz.

I would like to hear what's your mouse? Advantages, drawbacks and so on.
Fat.bot.Slim

Rage_ATWM Wrote:Damn, my mouse unfortunatly encountered with a wall.

Queue bugle :'(

I have an M$ mouse. Surprisingly enough it hasn't fried my USB ports yet, and I have low standards, so that's enough Smile

You can't expect too much of a Microsoft product.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(08-22-2010, 04:54 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: Damn, my mouse unfortunatly encountered with a wall.

I would like to hear what's your mouse? Advantages, drawbacks and so on.

Again you muppet? The NEW mouse??

A4Tech X6-58D

Pros: Cheap, durable enough, 5 buttons + pushable scroll.

Cons: The resolution may not be enough for a hardcore gamer like you Tongue
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI edition.

Pros:
It was for free (I've won it in a competition Big Grin )
It has a linux driver

Cons:
It supports a bunch of DPI resolutions and polling rates, but I only use one, the others are useless for me Big Grin
It's damn expensive :F
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(08-22-2010, 07:13 AM)Mirio Wrote: Again you muppet? The NEW mouse??
nah, the new mouse is just a crap (Razer Lachesis. Don't buy this).
I have one freeze every mn with it, even at 125 Hz.
So I will bring it back tomorrow to my beloved store.
Fat.bot.Slim

G9X
[Image: 11062.jpg]
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

[Image: sktd16b.velika.jpg]

Saitek Cyborg

Fun mouse, fits great in my hand but it doesn't move too well on my desk and sucks on linux (half of the buttons don't work as the dpi setup)

Internal motors?! How utterly useless :X

Razer Diamondback as i am left handed. I quite like it but would prefer something cheaper when it bites the dust. Why are there so many right-hander only mices?
I HATE YOU ELITIST NORTH-PAWS :o
@MrBougo, who has infernal motors?
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

My mouse has, it can expand it's size, cool useless feature
and a better (and usefull) feature is a mechanical setup of scroll speed

(08-23-2010, 11:33 AM)Rad Ished Wrote: ...i am left handed...
Why are there so many right-hander only mices?
i feel your pain.

Now i'm using A4tech x7
no, not for lefthanded... but it's quite nice, i'm not planning to change it, at least for a while. Most of all, it didn't hurt my wallet Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(08-23-2010, 11:33 AM)Rad Ished Wrote: @MrBougo, who has infernal motors?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3P1qAtjR48

woaw, this shit is totally useless, thus a totally must have!!

(08-23-2010, 11:33 AM)Rad Ished Wrote: Why are there so many right-hander only mices?
hm... just by cruelty i guess.
Or because Mr Mouse was right-handed, i dunno.
Fat.bot.Slim

G9 for me, G9X if you hadn't already bought a G9. There is no finer mouse. Big Grin

Logitech MX 5500 Wireless.

Pros:
Wireless
Works perfectly with linux out of the box
Battery lasts for a week if you turn it off when not in use (which I do)
Two scroll modes

Cons:
No MOUSE3 (or I have not found it)
Ratcheted scroll mode is delicate, going too fast seems to damage the mechanism
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Good thing about mouses dedicated for gamers is the quality. Not only they are more accurate and sensitive but also they don't break so often.

When I was intensively playing nexuiz, a mouse at $20-40 lasted only few months (like 1-3). After that buttons stop working, scroll doesn't scroll and shit like that.

While I may be unhappy about my current Saitek crap, I must admin it's quite durable, but I'll change it soon.

So my question is what's the best wired mouse with lots of buttons (including working mouse3 Tongue) that works on linux?

(08-23-2010, 10:42 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Logitech MX 5500 Wireless.

Pros:
Wireless
Works perfectly with linux out of the box
Battery lasts for a week if you turn it off when not in use (which I do)
Two scroll modes

o.O @ your pros/cons categorization
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

One of the older (4000DPI) blue Razer Lachesis mice. Damn good mouse, I'd say the only drawback is that there isn't a Linux driver for it (luckily, I had it when I was running XP and had the right side mapped to do the same as the left side) and it's feel definitely takes some getting used to (though you won't want to go back to anything else once you've used it for awhile). It's also ambidextrous which is a good thing since I like to play strategy games left handed. In spite there being no driver, the mouse for the most part works out of the box, the only real problem is that right side buttons are by default mapped to switch profile settings. The DPI and every other button works correctly though and you got yourself 5 buttons and a wheel to work with without any tweaking.

EDIT
Looks like there is a third party driver in the works, though it's missing features. Gonna check it out.
http://bu3sch.de/joomla/index.php/razer-...onfig-tool

EDIT AGAIN
How the hell do I compile this thing?
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

@Lee_Stricklin: funny, because I exactly stated the converse few post above Tongue
Well, at least, under Vista and Windows 7, where i get huge freezing problems.
Apart from this, It seems to me that Lachesis is a bit massive. But it's very personal.

I used Razer Copperhead. I really do like its small size and the rubber side-grip.
Damn, I miss it...
Fat.bot.Slim

I have recently bought a Trust GM-4800 (see here).

Pros:
switches easily between different dpi modes
5 Buttons plus mouse wheel tilt
I like the feel of it, nice material and form
Cabled mouse :o)
You can assign macros to buttons 4 and 5 and mouse wheel tilt and easily switch between 3 macro sets with the push of a button.
It is not as expensive as a new office PC

Cons:
Looks a bit like it should be put on a Christmas tree (scroll wheel glows, mode button glows, trust logo glows and changes color all the time...)
The software to configure the macros only works under windows
The standard button 4 and 5 clicks are not recognized under linux (Ubuntu lucid 64bit)
It is more expensive than my old mouse (I think I got that one for free some time)

BUT: the two macro modes for the buttons 4 and 5 work under linux and are assigned to keys on the keyboard. I will try to fire up a virtual XP machine and run the mouse software from there to map the buttons to keys I never use, and then fine.

EDIT: I just tried that out but the software is so bad that I can't even figure out how the macro modes are to be edited at all. I wouldn't exactly consider myself a total computer noob, but this software really does not make any sense to me AT ALL.

Another edit: well, I couldn't believe that it was so crappy so I tried it out on another PC with native Windows XP running on it. And it actually worked quite well. Plus I discovered it has actually 7 Buttons if you count the mouse wheel tilt. Neat!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(08-24-2010, 03:45 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: Apart from this, It seems to me that Lachesis is a bit massive.

That might be one of the reasons I like it so much. Even though I have a small hand size, I started gaming at the age of three and am used to controllers, mice, etc. being HUGE. I was actually one of the guys that got pissed off when the original (the ridiculously huge one, not the slightly smaller version or especially the rearranged S types) XBox controller got discontinued.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I love my controllers to be huge too, I can't understand ppl using a mouse so small you can only hold it with 4 fingers

(08-24-2010, 05:37 AM)atheros Wrote: I love my controllers to be huge too, I can't understand ppl using a mouse so small you can only hold it with 4 fingers
That's my case Smile
I think it highly depends on whether you aim with your arm or your wrist.
Fat.bot.Slim

My A4Tech broke down a week or two ago, which was an excellent mouse, best I ever had. So now I use a Logitech RX1000 that merlijn once sent me. I'm sorry to say that it's even crap for clicking an icon on my desktop... needless to say my game has suffered quite a bit the last two weeks Smile I will try to find the same mouse I had before, did i mention it rocked?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your Hotkey/HUD Configuration Mirio 119 171,230 07-29-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ashurion-Neonix
  Ace of Thumbs Script for Mouse Wheel Instagib Sniping Peach 2 2,161 07-25-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Cupatru
  Using Mouse Acceleration JoeMaro 4 7,166 02-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Last Post: JoeMaro
  Capturing your favorite Xonotic moments Antibody 10 9,480 09-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Make your own crosshairs a la Cortez666 Soelen 15 17,793 01-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo