Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your mouse?

(01-03-2011, 04:04 PM)Nesquick Wrote: [Image: wtfnadz.jpg]

Best mouse evah! Smile

WTF? Look at the underside pic.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(01-04-2011, 07:15 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(01-03-2011, 04:04 PM)Nesquick Wrote: [Image: TsKwp.jpg]

Best mouse evah! Smile

WTF? Look at the underside pic.

OMG I didn't see that!?

Small world ain't it. Tongue
[Image: IUBFH.png]

Contact me on irc channel:
#Dietunichtguten @Quakenet

I use the old 4000DPI Razer Lachesis with my Desktop and the Logitech MX518 with the Laptop.

Advantages of the Lachesis:
- The Lachesis gives me significant better hit rates than the MX518.
- Also the handling (relaxed hand postion, accurate and short button click, cozy haptic) of the Razer is better for my taste.
- The laser comes along with a wide variety of surfaces
- Well suited for bigger hands

Disadvantages of the Razer:
- Every driver is more or less a betadriver . . . independent from its version
- Once the driver even came with a trojan (directly from the razer server, thank you razer guys but my scanner ate it before it unpacked)
- Sometimes the PC does not recognize the mouse anymore --> unplug / plug or reboot
- The right side buttons are good for nothing. . . at least for my handsize

My conclusion:
Good hardware, but the crappy driver spoils the game a bit. Next time i will go for a Roccat.

(08-22-2010, 07:52 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI edition.

I'm sooo buying that one later.

I've always been having to make do with everyday mice and using modified USB drivers to up the polling rate to make them semi-decent. D:
My will be done.

(01-11-2011, 04:44 PM)Heinzelement Wrote: Next time i will go for a Roccat.

Roccat imho is the best with Logitech but same problem with driver like the Razer.
Sometimes the Roccat drivers became crazy Dodgy
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

X7, guys.
A4tech - X7

1st generation Logitech G5. It's comfy, I've had it forever and it has yet to fail me. So no need to change it yet Smile

[Image: logitechg5a.jpg]

Cheap optical logitech mouse with 2 buttons and wheel.

(01-26-2011, 06:19 PM)darthrevan Wrote: Cheap optical logitech mouse with 2 buttons and wheel.

SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER AND POST PICS!

Oh wait.

(01-21-2011, 12:23 AM)JayWalker Wrote: 1st generation Logitech G5. It's comfy, I've had it forever and it has yet to fail me. So no need to change it yet Smile

[Image: logitechg5a.jpg]

I loved that mouse.... But then it broke.... Couldn't press the Mouse2. And when you're a competitive TF2 medic, that shit's sorta important.

(01-27-2011, 01:42 PM)ALT-F-X Wrote:
(01-21-2011, 12:23 AM)JayWalker Wrote: 1st generation Logitech G5. It's comfy, I've had it forever and it has yet to fail me. So no need to change it yet Smile

I loved that mouse.... But then it broke.... Couldn't press the Mouse2. And when you're a competitive TF2 medic, that shit's sorta important.
That's a bummer. I'll probably just buy another one whenever mine breaks.

In other news... I recently purchased two of [THIS] mouse, and they're pretty cool for being cheap. The color changing LED's are very entertaining Smile

[Image: SEg38S64DRZMTtEsH5inf_RTWCfVTmXq2bSpbMVI...iuTGvnMsft]
That is it. Had wireless mouse, but it was buggy, so I bought something simple and bug-proof.

Well, I have used a lot of mice, all of which are considered palm grip mice. I have probably spent more money on gaming mice than people do in an entire lifetime of owning computer mice....Tongue

Right now, I'm using the microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0...has everything I could want. Only thing I wish it had was a higher resolution optical sensor and a higher polling rate, but I'm not complaining since I was able to overclock the polling rate to get a stable 350-500 hz. Buttons are a little loose to but that's just me nitpicking.

Currently, I own these mice:

MX-518,
G5 (Doesn't work anymore, now in pieces Tongue)
G9x (well, it is not in my possession anymore but I used it for a few months)
Steelseries Ikari Optical
Razer Deathadder (Both 1800 and 3500 DPI versions)
Mionix NAOS 5000
GM-M6880
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 3.0
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical

I eventually want to try the razer abysuss and the razer imperator. Also, I wouldn't mind trying out the R.A.T 7 or even the puretrak valor. Yes...I am a gaming mouse fanatic, I know Tongue I should post a picture of all of my mice sitting on top of my steelseries qck. =]

I can tell you from experience that the Razer Abyssus is a fine mouse with no bullshit or anything extra fancy added to it. I bought one for my mom when she got moved to a work-at-home position. The only issue I have with it is that it's only three buttons, but it's easily one of the most comfortable mice I've messed around with and it's response time when set to 1000 Hz polling rate is FAST. As far as cloth pads are concerned, I've yet to find one that can top the Corepad C1 and I've messed around with quite a few. lol that reminds me, my mom also has a Corepad C1 (half of everybody's gear in here is hand me downs from me lol), albeit a smaller version than the one I have.

Oh wait.

(08-24-2010, 03:51 AM)Halogene Wrote: I have recently bought a Trust GM-4800 (see here).

Pros:
switches easily between different dpi modes
5 Buttons plus mouse wheel tilt
I like the feel of it, nice material and form
Cabled mouse :o)
You can assign macros to buttons 4 and 5 and mouse wheel tilt and easily switch between 3 macro sets with the push of a button.
It is not as expensive as a new office PC

Cons:
Looks a bit like it should be put on a Christmas tree (scroll wheel glows, mode button glows, trust logo glows and changes color all the time...)
The software to configure the macros only works under windows
The standard button 4 and 5 clicks are not recognized under linux (Ubuntu lucid 64bit)
It is more expensive than my old mouse (I think I got that one for free some time)

BUT: the two macro modes for the buttons 4 and 5 work under linux and are assigned to keys on the keyboard. I will try to fire up a virtual XP machine and run the mouse software from there to map the buttons to keys I never use, and then fine.

EDIT: I just tried that out but the software is so bad that I can't even figure out how the macro modes are to be edited at all. I wouldn't exactly consider myself a total computer noob, but this software really does not make any sense to me AT ALL.

Another edit: well, I couldn't believe that it was so crappy so I tried it out on another PC with native Windows XP running on it. And it actually worked quite well. Plus I discovered it has actually 7 Buttons if you count the mouse wheel tilt. Neat!

Well i have the same mouse but my mouse wheel decides to fail on me every now and then, mostly it works again when i restart my computer but after a while it's broken again. I'm not a genius in case of mouses so this could be a regular problem but do you have any idea how to fix this?

razer diamondback + everglide titan

Logitech MX518... for nearly 5 years!

(07-03-2011, 04:25 PM)Maddin Wrote: Logitech MX518... for nearly 5 years!

Same here, for over 5 years. I did buy a new razer DeathAdder because I was getting bored whit the mx518. Both mouses are very good.
I also have a razer sphex mouse mat. Its good, but those ultra fat mats seem to curl easy. I don't recommend them.

Wink 
steelseries sensei fnatic edition <3 just got this baby yesterday Big Grin
[Image: steelseries-sensei-fnatic_back-image.jpg]
i had the razer DA 3.5G before but i didnt like the ergonomics, the sensor was nice tho

Got a new one now that my razer died a final time.

It was quite tricky to choose as i have some special preferences. In the end i opted for the Logitech g700, and after using it for abt a month heres what i think of it:

In general its one of the better mice i have come across. Its got a nice balance of functionality, features and ergonomic design. it "just works" on any old computer you plug it into, regardless if the drivers are there or not. The almost complete lack of the usual gaming mouse flashing laser leds, revolving supersonic sandwiches and whatnot feels refreshing and is, in my case, one of the main reasons to select this mouse.

The good:
  • No bling, no 'decor' leds, weights, shells or other pointless things to break, rattle and be generally irritating.
  • Plenty of buttons, i don't use all of them in games but in apps like blender and photoshop its a great speedup.
  • Wired and wireless, no interruption when plugin in/out wire.
  • Fits my hand well, great for long sessions.
  • Mechanically unlockable scroll wheel. This feature i was sure would be utterly pointless, but interestingly its come to be one of the things i most enjoy abt this mouse. Its great scrolling a huge pice of code, but also less expected things like the camera navigation in gtkradiant.
  • Acts as and sends real keyboard events for buttons bound to keys. (eg works on linux, once profiles set up)
  • (More then) Enough dpi, poll-rate and so on. But why else would you get a gaming mouse?
  • No software cd included, you need to go online and download it. (device works w/o it and this way ppl get up2date software. Does not waste resourced on printing a cd that will, at best, be used once or twice)

The bad
  • Software is confusing. Not, by far, the worst i seen, but given the cost and logitech's long experience in the field, it should have been better.
  • Bad battery lifetime, unless you remember to set it in non gaming mode.
  • Included rechargeable battery died within days of delivery (easy thing to replace, but i would expect a 100 eur mouse to come with a battery that can take more then two charging's xD )
  • USB cable for cabled mode is a bit to stiff for comfort.
  • Right hand only design.
  • A tad to heavy/large for claw grip only, took a while to adjust.

Quickspecs:
  • 200-5700 dpi, separate z-y if you so desire.
  • 125-1000hz update (in wireless mode too)
  • 12mp image processing
  • 30g acceleration
  • 13 buttons

So if your a righty that dont like disco-ball mice and want a high spec mouse that for the most part just works, this may be your thing. Its a bit expensive tough, but then otoh it will most likely last at least a few years (wall rendezvous not factored in ; ).

Oh almost forgot... piiicuooor!
[Image: logig700-sb.jpg]

Corsair Vengeance M60. The software's a bit wonky, but this thing fits my hand like it was made for it, and hits all the right little notes. The Sniper button's nice when I'm playing hunt-the-pixel with the Nex. Big Grin
[Image: m60_viewb_lit_1.png]

If you want a more detailed breakdown, I said rather more about it here: http://www.techwarelabs.com/corsair-veng...se-review/

Here's mine:

[Image: 41dAvdFzcbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

This mouse has served me well.

heres mine

[Image: 13253140.jpg]

At one point it broke ... so I went bestbuy .... and bought another one :3

(01-03-2011, 03:52 PM)greasem0nkey Wrote: Gigabyte GM-M6880. Comfort and quality for only $20.

I had one of those, it died in 9 months ;_;

Now i have this:
[Image: 5vJtG.jpg]
Cooler Master Storm : Xornet

Pros:
- Best chassis i've ever felt. Claw grip/ fingertip grip. Fits my hands perfectly (my hands are smallish and girlish)
- Well placed thumb buttons
- nice black rubberised coating
- Super cheap (30 usd)

Cons:
-Inferior sensor to the more expensive version of the mouse - the cm storm spawn
-tiny bits of grime collect in the gippy texture near the thumb buttons and it has to be cleaned every~3 months

Logitech G400
[Image: optical-gaming-mouse-g400-glamour-images.png]
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your Hotkey/HUD Configuration Mirio 119 171,259 07-29-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ashurion-Neonix
  Ace of Thumbs Script for Mouse Wheel Instagib Sniping Peach 2 2,161 07-25-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Cupatru
  Using Mouse Acceleration JoeMaro 4 7,172 02-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Last Post: JoeMaro
  Capturing your favorite Xonotic moments Antibody 10 9,481 09-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Make your own crosshairs a la Cortez666 Soelen 15 17,796 01-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo