Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your mouse?

I have a roccat keyboard (RYOS MK) and a corsair mouse (Sabre optical) and never had problems with any of them.
Imo both have good linux support and the tools for them are open source (GPLv2). The tool for corsair (https://github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next) is not an official Corsair product though.

Thank you for your replies. It was helpful.

thanks for mentioning Roccat @_para

i'm running an old Cooler Master Inferno and am looking for a new mouse - can anyone offer a comparison between the CM and Roccat brands? CM mice seem to be built like tanks - they just don't quit - so i'm wondering if Roccat is also high quality and long lasting?

regarding Linux compatibility, i think just about any mouse will work but all the buttons may not be supported - i know with my Inferno button 8 is not detected in Xonitic and i think (not sure) this is largely because the Linux kernel doesn't support a whole lot of buttons - however i think if you set the mouse up in windows with the OEM driver and assign those extra buttons to keyboard keys, all should be fine (as long as that info is saved on the mouse of course) ... OR ...@Mr. Bougo mentioned 'xev' which i just tried and that works fine to detect X11 events:

Code:
xev -event mouse | grep --no-group-separator -B3 button

however i can't find any packages in the Manjaro/AUR repos that can assign mouse events to keys - anyone?

it looks like xbindkeys might be able to do that but i'm not sure

RAZER DEATHADDER CHROMA + ADX PRO MAT (big)

I have not tweaked it yet, but I will asap. I have just added some speed.
FAF - FERIS - COPENHAGEN - DENMARK - GNU/Linux  Heart
Homepage: https://feris-xonotic.net

G wolves skol mouse. Best ergo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your Hotkey/HUD Configuration Mirio 119 171,252 07-29-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ashurion-Neonix
  Ace of Thumbs Script for Mouse Wheel Instagib Sniping Peach 2 2,161 07-25-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Cupatru
  Using Mouse Acceleration JoeMaro 4 7,172 02-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Last Post: JoeMaro
  Capturing your favorite Xonotic moments Antibody 10 9,480 09-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Make your own crosshairs a la Cortez666 Soelen 15 17,796 01-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo