Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello

I have dabbled with this game for a while but here recently Xonotic is the only thing I play. This game is super fun and I love the instagib servers. I do have one question though that I can't seem to find documentation on. What is system mouse positioning in the input section? I am confused on what it does exactly. I have asked some players in game and they said the notice no difference when toggling it on or off, but I've noticed a big difference. Turning the setting on massively increases the sensitivity of my mouse. I am currently using dwm so I believe that there is no acceleration on my mouse.

Hi!

That system mouse positioning is your mouse input after the OS (Win, Linux) processed the signal. So it's affected by how you set your mouse in the OS Settings. So if you set your OS to not alter the signal you wont notice an effect unlike when you crank up the sensitivity there. While the other setting ignores the OS.

(06-15-2021, 05:51 AM)_para Wrote: Hi!

That system mouse positioning is your mouse input after the OS (Win, Linux) processed the signal. So it's affected by how you set your mouse in the OS Settings. So if you set your OS to not alter the signal you wont notice an effect unlike when you crank up the sensitivity there. While the other setting ignores the OS.

Thank you that answers my question perfectly! Hope to see you in game one day!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,213 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  Hello hello!. (hola :D) bdvd 5 5,713 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: tux9656