Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEED HELP] How to set stretched res?

I just downloaded xonotic, but it seems that I can't set my usual 1024x768 resolution in 16:9 but only in 4:3.... I searched for a while in this forum but I didn't find anything useful, so, does anyone know if it is actually possible?

native desktop resolution: 1366 x 768 (16:9)

You should be able to set it to 1024x768 and if you have an 1080p screen then the monitor would stretch the image in fullscreen mode.

Have you tried setting vid_height vid_width in console?
Visit our clan website: http://extreme.voltage.nz/

(06-24-2021, 07:21 PM)ballerburg9005 Wrote: You should be able to set it to 1024x768 and if you have an 1080p screen then the monitor would stretch the image in fullscreen mode.

Have you tried setting vid_height vid_width in console?
What values should I set for that commands? my in game res or the screen's one?

If you set a physical resolution of 1024x768 and want to have it stretched to 16:9 because of your monitor's size, I believe this is a matter of configuration of the monitor how it deals with resolutions lower that its native resolution (which would have to be done via the monitor's built-in configuration dialog). Some stretch it by default, some allow to configure how the monitor deals with these signals. If you have a 1024x768 resolution output for Xonotic and also generally for your desktop, the monitor should handle that equally and wouldn't know the difference between applications. Or am I mistaken here?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(06-25-2021, 06:00 AM)Halogene Wrote: If you set a physical resolution of 1024x768 and want to have it stretched to 16:9 because of your monitor's size, I believe this is a matter of configuration of the monitor how it deals with resolutions lower that its native resolution (which would have to be done via the monitor's built-in configuration dialog). Some stretch it by default, some allow to configure how the monitor deals with these signals. If you have a 1024x768 resolution output for Xonotic and also generally for your desktop, the monitor should handle that equally and wouldn't know the difference between applications. Or am I mistaken here?
First of all, I'm on a laptop. And 1024x768 is the resolution I use also on other games (valorant for example). With that said, maybe try to explain yourself a little better b/c idk if I understood completely what you mean

If I understand you correctly, you use 1024x768 on valorant and it stretches the image onto the whole monitor. Right?
So if you try that with Xonotic, what exactly is your problem?
  1. you cannot select 1024x768 from the menu
  2. you can set it to 1024x768 but it produces black bars left and right
  3. something else
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(06-25-2021, 06:25 AM)Halogene Wrote: If I understand you correctly, you use 1024x768 on valorant and it stretches the image onto the whole monitor. Right?
So if you try that with Xonotic, what exactly is your problem?
  1. you cannot select 1024x768 from the menu
  2. you can set it to 1024x768 but it produces black bars left and right
  3. something else

option number 2

In the end, how can delete that annoying left and right black bars?

(07-03-2021, 01:54 PM)Achille0072 Wrote: In the end, how can delete that annoying left and right black bars?

I think this would depend on your video driver software. You should be able to right click your desktop and select 'Graphics Properties' or 'Nvidia Control Panel' if you have an nvidia graphics card. From there you can find Video>Scaling and change it to stretched.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Can't set 2k resolution noteven 4 2,911 05-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: noteven
  [SOLVED] how do i set up netradiant bananovenc 2 3,159 12-27-2019, 02:04 PM
Last Post: bananovenc
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic reverts to Stereo sound after having set it to 5.1 STP_KITT 0 1,859 11-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Last Post: STP_KITT