Create an account

Poll: Yes or no?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
25.00%
1 25.00%
No!
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Print screen for print screen!

Why is it that you have to press F12 to take a screenshot in-game?

Surely it'd be more sensible for print screen to be the default key for screenshot?
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Print screen is likely already used by your operating system... That's why.

Also: how does one take a printscreen when printscreen = screen shot? (This happens when the window is not full-screen)
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(08-22-2010, 07:25 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Print screen is likely already used by your operating system... That's why.

Surely my operating system doesn't matter when I'm taking an in-game screenshot?

What I mean is that this key does something different from the screenshot command in Xonotic. Two different things sharing a same key bind = bad idea.

(08-23-2010, 08:00 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: What I mean is that this key does something different from the screenshot command in Xonotic. Two different things sharing a same key bind = bad idea.

Ah, I wasn't aware that printscreen did anything in Xonotic. I guess the problem's solved if you switch the commands of the two keys around?

It doesn't do anything special in Xonotic, but the OS usually does. That's actually the reason why Xonotic does not use that key. That is also why Xonotic does not use the windows key or the caps lock key.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] move the crossair in the screen Charlypy 15 13,796 07-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Idea: records screen Antibody 9 7,921 07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Debugger